Forced To Play Classes I Dont Like To Avoid Reflect

Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 8, 2014, 3:31:27 PM
So you use Imortal Call and still die to reflect? You must be using it wrong. How can reflect kill you when you are immune?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 8, 2014, 3:02:47 PM
Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 8, 2014, 3:31:17 PM
"
"
mark1030 wrote:
So you use Imortal Call and still die to reflect? You must be using it wrong. How can reflect kill you when you are immune?

do you even play poe? guess not. reflect applies before immortal call even has a chance to activate.

do i have to upload a vid for you? if you shoot into a pack and you crit you fall dead nothing else happens. no immortal call is cast, nothing.

you just die.

understand now?
do

you

understand?
Lol, I play and survive just fine. Reflect only applies before Immortal Call if you're too fucking stupid to cast Immortal Call before hitting the reflect monsters. Surely you are smarter than that.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 8, 2014, 3:31:07 PM
"
sigh you are just so smart arent you.

have you heard of pierce?

even with a chin sol and using pointblank (ffs idk why im wasting my time replying to you)

at far range if my arrow hits a reflect pack i die instantly with no chance for immortal call or anything to apply.

stop spewing your bull shit and go away

Mark is right btw, you can self-cast immortal call, when utilized correctly in combination with YOUR EYES, you will never die to reflect.

And you need to learn the mechanics before telling others they are "spewing bullshit".

At 90 radius you deal 10% of your total damage output, since projectiles are under chin sols "more multiplier effect" and point blank.

This is calculated based on projectile travel range, and has nothing to do with "pierce" or "not pierce".

*tell's people to not spew bullshit and learn mechanics, fails at mechanics"

Well played sir, two internets for you.

I am assuming at this point that you are just a troll? I might be wrong, but i hope not, for your sake.

Peace,

-Boem-

Edit : also, reported for insults, have a good one.

And if you die to pierced off-screen shots (dealing 10% of your original damage) then i don't know what to say.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Sep 8, 2014, 3:19:03 PM
done replying. too many retarded people on this forum

1. dont want to comprehend my point on reflect forcing you to not play how you want.

why offer customization when in the end you have to abide by certain standards.

2. People dont understand that even from afar my damage is so high that i still 1 shot myself.

instead they try and tell me to "use my eyes" "use immortal call"

not talking about my original point but just trying to argue with me.

3. People who dont understand mechanics saying oh use ondars, use armour.

when they have no clue how any of these mechanics actually work.

GJ Those of you who responded to my point and had a comment worth a damn.

to the rest of you, may your ridiculous idiocy guide you.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Archers actually have one of the best anti-reflect mechanics with ondar's guile and acrobatics combined. You simply lack evasion and cautious play if you're struggling with reflect.

Reflect damage is calculated based on your accuracy vs your own evasion.

Since players who play projectile crit based builds are required to have roughly 90%+ hit rate, ondars guile wont help you. Even if you reach the cap of 95% evasion vs mobs it wont be 95% vs your own accuracy rating.

One of the reasons why armor (iron reflexes) is opted for, since it will protect you vs reflect.
(as in = you can survive 1 high dps shot in a pack of double reflect = safe)

The problem is that the tooltip evasion% is false when it comes to reflected damage.

Peace,

-Boem-

(if the op utilizes lioneye's glare, he is fucked btw.)

Indeed. That's why you want quite high evasion and shouldn't exceed 90% accuracy. I personally popped a jade flask and did fine last league. This was at high gear levels with 800% crit multi so I'm sure others with far less DPS can do fine.

Alternative thing was echo + EC and had a high level immortal call go off after around 2k damage(linked to high level cwdt). That allowed doing reflect maps even(which are 18% compared to the typical 14% reflect pack). That also proved to be a very successful method even with a drillneck build that did far worse against reflect than chain alternatives.

That worked at 35k tooltip(50k+ when playing with my friend).
Last edited by kasub on Sep 8, 2014, 3:30:49 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
Archers actually have one of the best anti-reflect mechanics with ondar's guile and acrobatics combined. You simply lack evasion and cautious play if you're struggling with reflect.

Reflect damage is calculated based on your accuracy vs your own evasion.

Since players who play projectile crit based builds are required to have roughly 90%+ hit rate, ondars guile wont help you. Even if you reach the cap of 95% evasion vs mobs it wont be 95% vs your own accuracy rating.

One of the reasons why armor (iron reflexes) is opted for, since it will protect you vs reflect.
(as in = you can survive 1 high dps shot in a pack of double reflect = safe)

The problem is that the tooltip evasion% is false when it comes to reflected damage.

Peace,

-Boem-

(if the op utilizes lioneye's glare, he is fucked btw.)

Can't speak for OP but I don't (well, didn't), was hitting around 2500 tooltip on tornado shot with 50%ish crit around 300% mult with a harbinger bow. And yeah, reflect chunks me, because I have a 500 eva armor, and hybrid boots and gloves. So my total eva before grace is around 1.5k ish, slightly less?

So yeah, even with Ondar's, reflect is still going to own you. The problem is that it was a mechanic designed to counter "glass cannons", while in reality, we're talking huge packs of mobs with AoE skills that can crit, coupled with high accuracy ratings.

And if you don't push damage to its limits, you're going to get swamped.
Double post sry
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on Sep 8, 2014, 3:25:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info