Forced To Play Classes I Dont Like To Avoid Reflect

"
"
Septile wrote:
Reflect needs to exist.

If it didn't, glass cannon builds would dominate every league as they would be the best way of leveling fast and staying alive with nothing being able to stay alive long enough to hit you. Glass cannon builds are already way better at bosses than tankier builds, so glass cannon is safer due to shorter encounters, encounters that usually involve big hitters. That is their advantage over tanky builds, tanky builds get the advantage of not dying to reflect. If you don't want to die, then make a build where not dying is the primary concern. Otherwise, deal with it.

that reasoning is so 2013...

now the rich just need to slap their god gloves on, while they laugh at the rest of the impoverished masses/temp leaguers who still have to struggle to deal with reflect.

Yea, because you are not capable to pick vaal pact, right ? :P
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
morbo wrote:
I'm playing a crit bow too (currently using LG, tho, cause its the best bow I've found so far), with Hatred and both Herald auras. So, phys. & elem. reflect are both a problem.

You basically need to slow down, don't spam attacks like mad. For elem. reflect I switch added fire with life lech. Quality LL helps leeching faster. My default anti-elem. flask is ruby.

To counter phys. reflect I use this:

again replacing added fire with LL (cause its the only red socket in my setup).

For really insane reflect combos, like vulnerability + reflect, I need to take out phys. projectile gem and use two granites.

Jump into the pack, granite up, hit mobs which will trigger CWDT setup, then you'll have 1 - 2sec (more with quality gems) of IC period to spam attack.

It helps if you are a self-found player and your DPS sucks to begin with :D

E:
I use ARM/EVA hybrid defense with Ondars

You can level your support gems in a CwdT combo without problems ;)
♠RaGoN♦
"
"
Septile wrote:
Reflect needs to exist.

If it didn't, glass cannon builds would dominate every league as they would be the best way of leveling fast and staying alive with nothing being able to stay alive long enough to hit you. Glass cannon builds are already way better at bosses than tankier builds, so glass cannon is safer due to shorter encounters, encounters that usually involve big hitters. That is their advantage over tanky builds, tanky builds get the advantage of not dying to reflect. If you don't want to die, then make a build where not dying is the primary concern. Otherwise, deal with it.

that reasoning is so 2013...

now the rich just need to slap their god gloves on, while they laugh at the rest of the impoverished masses/temp leaguers who still have to struggle to deal with reflect.

Oh right, I forgot that rampage/beyond are flooded with acuities, only distributed among the people with at least 100ex in their stash.
In terms of design, I don't care for reflect or % life leech skills because they couple enemy health to player health. This makes the game harder to balance.

In the absence of mechanics that convert outgoing player damage to incoming player damage (or healing), player damage and enemy health don't interact with enemy damage and player health, and these two pairs of player/enemy stats are free to be balanced independently.

For similar reasons, I strongly dislike the Iron Reflexes keystone.

IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
Septile wrote:
Reflect needs to exist.

Listen. You can take all the life nodes in ranger and shadow trees (ranger start, herbalism, thick skin, revenge of the hunted, blood drinker, blood siphon, one other one in shadow), and you might have 3k HP by level 75. If you have endgame damage with a bow, you will *still* destroy yourself to reflect if you also take all the crit nodes.

That's not glass cannon.
"

i want to be a glass cannon that has great damage.

but guess what i cant.
You do know why they call it a glass cannon, right?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"

I thought the same, lol.

I guess PoE needs to be the first game where a glasscannon is a better tank then a tank.. ;)

"
Listen. You can take all the life nodes in ranger and shadow trees (ranger start, herbalism, thick skin, revenge of the hunted, blood drinker, blood siphon, one other one in shadow), and you might have 3k HP by level 75. If you have endgame damage with a bow, you will *still* destroy yourself to reflect if you also take all the crit nodes.

That's not glass cannon.

3k HP and no defenses are not supposed to be a glasscannon ?

Again, im laughing so hard :D
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Sep 8, 2014, 12:14:53 PM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

That's not glass cannon.

He speaks truth, my 76 Shadow has every HP from Ranger to Witch (excluding the average 4% evasion hybrids) and I'm only just cracking 3k HP now. My gear sucks but what self found gear doesn't this early in a league?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"

I thought the same, lol.

I guess PoE needs to be the first game where a glasscannon is a better tank then a tank.. ;)

"

That's not glass cannon.

3k HP and no defenses are not supposed to be a glasscannon ?

Again, im laughing so hard :D

Acro + ondar's guile? As much eva as I can find on gear? The +1 max cold resist elemental resist node? 75% res all (76 cold)? What exactly do you want? Everyone going scion life wheel from the right side of the tree, not to be called glass cannon in your book?
Archers actually have one of the best anti-reflect mechanics with ondar's guile and acrobatics combined. You simply lack evasion and cautious play if you're struggling with reflect.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 8, 2014, 1:04:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info