The Avatar of DOUBLE DIPPING [45k-87k DPS for less than 10 Exa!]

-_- someone complained to me separately that "Double Dipping" ONLY applies to burn / fire damage double dip. Like, really? You don't know the real meaning of it?
Reserved
I did a similar build when catalyst was first released but mine was more aura focused (Got all aura nodes except the one below marauder) and was on scion. Getting jewelry with t1 phys and fire rolls boosts your DPS tremendously.

"
dlrr wrote:
-_- someone complained to me separately that "Double Dipping" ONLY applies to burn / fire damage double dip. Like, really? You don't know the real meaning of it?

He's probably dislikes some of the comparisons you made in the double dip spoiler:
"
- Add Physical Damage of up to 85 - 160 which is FAR higher than the "Cremating" and "Flaring" 2-Hander weapon prefixes for fire and physical respectively
- Increased Elemental Damage of up to 100% (+ another 10% implicit) is higher than the "Unleashed" Weapon Elemental Damage prefix, but it isn't exactly a "Tyrannical". [Hold your horses here, we'll revisit this point shortly] This applies fully to our damage because of Avatar of Fire

Seriously?
(no offence please)
IGN: Smegacore
Last edited by battled on Sep 17, 2014, 4:25:13 PM
Agreed that the right jewelry would be phenomenal for my DPS! Been slowly trying to get some but have been distracted with a severe case of alt-itis and theorycrafting a tempest shield freeze proliferation build now. Heh heh... :D

No offense taken if none was meant, but I'm not sure I understand the issue with the spoiler? Where the double dip occurs happens later in the spoiler where the 100% increased elemental damage doubles up to 200% due to each weapon double dipping on bonuses from both the main-hand and off-hand global affixes which is something that isn't available to builds that can scale from physical damage.
Last edited by dlrr on Sep 17, 2014, 8:52:41 PM
tasty informations thx mate!
have you experimented with GMP? I feel like that would be much better. What about conc too?
"
ij0rthegreat wrote:
have you experimented with GMP? I feel like that would be much better. What about conc too?

Hey ijor, thanks for checking in! :) I tested both gems. here are my views on them:

GMP: Not great. The additional balls are nice but the less damage bit really hurts since there's no way of guaranteeing shotgunning. I find faster attacks combo a very nice replacement since more attacks = more balls. Also, faster attacks is further multiplied by multistrike, and it doesn't reduce the damage per projectile.

Concentrated effect: Superb against bosses since it ups both the projectile damage and concentrates the balls on the boss. However, against big packs I find that I prefer spreading my balls out (please don't read that the wrong way... heh.) to increase clear speed. Instead of concentrated effect, I'm using added fire damage which is also a multiplier and affects both the main hit + projectiles. That being said, I do know people who swear by this gem. I'd say this boils down to personal preference. :)
When you said don't bother with hatred. Would it be viable to use a pyre with hatred on this build?
love the way you wrote this, entertaining vid :)
"
jebose wrote:
When you said don't bother with hatred. Would it be viable to use a pyre with hatred on this build?

Hey, that's a great idea! I do think Pyre would work well with Hatred + AoF.

Tested it out on my build and the dps increase from the aura does indeed double. And since this build doesn't profliferate ignites, the downside of Pyre didn't matter at all.

I ended up not using it ultimately because I didn't have enough mana to support both Hatred and Herald of Ash and I preferred Ash for the way it helps with big packs via ignite smoothing out the AoE. I also needed the mana / resistances / life from my current rings as well.

I'd say it's an idea definitely worth considering with enough gear and against the bosses where the ash ignite isn't that important :)

"
lamboiia wrote:
love the way you wrote this, entertaining vid :)

Hey, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you liked it. Means quite a bit especially since I ended up spending more time than I reasonably should have on this ;p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info