Master Reputation Gain Formula Is Effed

Lets re-iterate the absurd discrepancy of XP gain. Level 7 master:

1.) In Merc Docks you get ~3000 XP per mission
2.) In a 78 map you get ~6000 XP per mission

Do I even need to point out how exponentially more difficult, slow & expensive is to play top endgame content, compared to braindead Docks grind, eh GGG?? -_- What's the logic behind these numbers?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Lets re-iterate the absurd discrepancy of XP gain. Level 7 master:

1.) In Merc Docks you get ~3000 XP per mission
2.) In a 78 map you get ~6000 XP per mission

Do I even need to point out how exponentially more difficult, slow & expensive is to play top endgame content, compared to braindead Docks grind, eh GGG?? -_- What's the logic behind these numbers?

As a solo player, I just got Haku to Level 7 this morning after a daily.

I just ran into him in a Lvl 71 map and was thinking "right there should be much more rep gained since he's now lvl 7 and I need a massive 960k or so to get to lvl 8". Rep received,~ 4.5K...the same as I as getting for Lvl 6 missions.

So if I have this right:

- ignoring dailies,
- assuming I run into every master an equal amount of times
- assuming the frequency ratio of a master map encounter is 1 every 2 maps
- not failing a single mission
- assuming an average of 4.5K rep per mission

...I would need to run 2,986 maps to get Haku to Lvl 8 with the other masters being late lvl 7s.

*Yikes*

Someone please tell me I'm wrong or doing something wrong.
Still no news acticle actually explaning how this is different from MMO rep grinds. We were told by Chris himself, that it will be different. I don't see one.

But, I'm probably lying, since there is a difference - the grind is not just boring it is frustrating since the missions are very often unfair (*cough*Haku*cough*,*cough*Zana timed*cough*).
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
the grind is not just boring it is frustrating since the missions are very often unfair (*cough*Haku*cough*,*cough*Zana timed*cough*).

Stop QQ'ing.

Is it so hard to accept that it isn't supposed to be fair?
And that it isn't supposed to served on a silver plate?

Due to RNG, there's some Zana missions that are pretty much impossible (RNG1: map type, RNG2: mission type, RNG3: monsters in map, RNG4: map mods). So what? Even if you can't find 2 exiles in a couple of seconds in a large courtyard map, you still got yourself a free courtyard map to play.... which is awesome!
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 22, 2014, 6:16:02 AM
"
cdchi1 wrote:

Yes, you are not doing some or all of:

* 6 man party daily rotations on /global 820
* leech other peoples encounters on /global 820
* be in an active guild and share master encounters
* pay for joining masters missions

tbh, I caved in. GGG won here. I'm a solo player, who occasionally did some mapping with a few friends. But because of FM, I joined a (casual) guild, where we are sharing missions with a few people. I also started to do 6 man party rotations, as this is the only way to reach lvl 8 in the temp. league and get a sense of completion out of the char I play (craft a nice bow, from a white base I managed to 6L, with the help of Elreon 8, ofc)

The game is supposed to be multiplay, I get that, and I don't hate to interact with people, do some maps, chat a bit... I still play 95% solo and that is how I like it.

But the master grind does feel like work. And the guy sweeping docks, gets almost the same pay, as you having three diplomas and doing a difficult job at 78s maps.

The master rep. gain in high maps should scale exponentially, not linearly, the same way difficulty & expenses scale exponentially.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 22, 2014, 6:21:00 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
cdchi1 wrote:

Yes, you are not doing some or all of:

* 6 man party daily rotations on /global 820
* leech other peoples encounters on /global 820
* be in an active guild and share master encounters
* pay for joining masters missions

tbh, I caved in. GGG won here. I'm a solo player, who occasionally did some mapping with a few friends. But because of FM, I joined a (casual) guild, where we are sharing missions with a few people. I also started to do 6 man party rotations, as this is the only way to reach lvl 8 in the temp. league and get a sense of completion out of the char I play (craft a nice bow, from a white base I managed to 6L, with the help of Elreon 8, ofc)

The game is supposed to be multiplay, I get that, and I don't hate to interact with people, do some maps, chat a bit... I still play 95% solo and that is how I like it.

But the master grind does feel like work. And the guy sweeping docks, gets almost the same pay, as you having three diplomas and doing a difficult job at 78s maps.

The master rep. gain in high maps should scale exponentially, not linearly, the same way difficulty & expenses scale exponentially.

I am also mostly a solo player with occasional duos. I believe I am in the majority of players, too, in that style of play. Like you I still like to chat and leave trade and chat windows open because it feels more like an multiplayer experience when i constantly see people talking. However, grouping is another matter. More than 2 is a clusterfest of flashing pixels covering my entire screen, and also lead to death sometimes (I only play HC leagues) because of the lag and extra desync it may cause at critical times (read: Not lag 100% of the times but there are occasional spikes and those spikes can lead to death).

The FM masters grind is the worst addition to the game GGG has done and I've played since the closed beta. The first time I realized that they made it into a daily quest grind I literally facepalmed irl because the daily quest grind is the exact reason I quit so many mmo's and don't play them to this day. Just the requirement that you MUST login every day to keep up with quests in an ARPG was ridiculous in my mind. I play the style of playing a few days and playing the living crap out of the game, then taking a break (most are forced breaks due to work and travelling). I put in the same hours into the game as an average gamer yet just because I don't log in each and every day I fall behind.

There are other reason I dislike the FM (such as cheapening the loot grind by enabling crafting of gear you'd be lucky to find in 1000 hours of playing) but the unending boring, unrewarding grind and daily quest requirement are the kickers.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
the grind is not just boring it is frustrating since the missions are very often unfair (*cough*Haku*cough*,*cough*Zana timed*cough*).

Stop QQ'ing.

Is it so hard to accept that it isn't supposed to be fair?
And that it isn't supposed to served on a silver plate?

Due to RNG, there's some Zana missions that are pretty much impossible (RNG1: map type, RNG2: mission type, RNG3: monsters in map, RNG4: map mods). So what? Even if you can't find 2 exiles in a couple of seconds in a large courtyard map, you still got yourself a free courtyard map to play.... which is awesome!

This is feedback section. And timed missions being favourable to full screen clearing builds is not RNG, so is her maps often being very resistant to 1 element (no such thing agains phys, or again CoC multi-element cheese). It is not RNG, it is bad and LAZY design.

People keep mentioning this free map crap. There is no control in it - no +packs, no vendoring, bad mods. This is like getting coal for Christmas.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Sep 23, 2014, 5:07:33 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:

People keep mentioning this free map crap. There is no control in it - no +packs, no vendoring, bad mods. This is like getting coal for Christmas.
In my missions she always puts +pack size on the map. I can't say it's 100%, but seems pretty close to me.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I've given up on the Master grind. I do the dailies, but more for the shop resets than for the experience. There's not a single master in the wild that I take now.

Playing HC/solo/self-found, it's just not worth the risk or there's no reward. Once again, GGG has added content that is too difficult for my playstyle. Sucks to be me.

But ignoring the higher level stuff doesn't distract from the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info