[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
InkaGuard wrote:
Sorry if already asked, but
Why Faster Attacks on Puncture? Dont you want deal just 1 shot at a target to make it bleed then spam ur main attack?

Im not sure if your quesion was directly meant for me but Im gonna answer it anyway:
You cant use Tornado in Atziris split phase because the projectiles are going every and the mirror clone would kill you, so you want higher DPS on your Puncture.
Also FA is nice because you arent locked as long in one place and vs beffier targets you can puncture them till you get a crit and then kill them with Tornado.
(Im by no means an expert on this build so take the above with a grain of salt.)
Hey guys, atm I am mostly farming docks for fragments. I am thinking of temporarily switching Puncture since I do not need it in docks, to some single target skill in which I can use IR and IIQ gems. I will use that skill mainly for rare and boss mobs. Do you have any recommendation for that skill? I will use it in a 5L.

I just put in Burning Arrow + Physical Projectile Damage + Faster Attacks and it gave me about 34k dps wit auras, perhaps that will work. Thinking of having Pierce instead of Faster Attacks though.
Last edited by Jeppeboy on Dec 22, 2014, 6:03:18 AM
"
kuromahou wrote:
Enjoying the build immensely. Currently saving for a 5L harbingers.

Cost surprisingly little to gear out like this, I got lucky as the belt and neck were both drops.

Managing the stats without any +30 nodes is tough, I am still using the 2% mana leech cluster as well.

Next upgrade goals, BOW (havent found a 73+ ilvl 5L harbingers up for sale for a reasonable price yet), and modify one ring over to 2% leech so I can drop the 3 pts getting 2% mana leech.

Gear, currently level 75

If you really want to craft yourself a bow try to get an ilvl 77 harbinger. Even if the flaring roll is super rare nowadays there is still a chance you could roll it. In the meantime you should look for a cheap bow on xyz. You current one is not really good for your level. You should be able you find a better one for 4-5c.
Hey Guys,

i Love this guide and i rly enjoy my lev 74 Ranger right now, question is, what and where to fokus for the next upgrades?

i have ~5,6k dps with Tornado right now, Resis capped at 75, ~2.9k hp

Here is my Gear:

if i am right this bow is ~ 250dps but low Crit, should i safe for a 250-300dps bow with crit or safe even more for a 300+ dps bow? Or upgrade something else first? (i know left ring and amu sucks quite a lot)
Wouldnt it be better if i get power charge from bandits and use power charge on critical?
and maybe get another power charge from tree for 5 charges
"
kanon1 wrote:
Wouldnt it be better if i get power charge from bandits and use power charge on critical?
and maybe get another power charge from tree for 5 charges

I say yes to power charge from Alira. The closest power charge from the tree is (should be) 3 points away, and that's not quite worth it.

About PCOC, it's an option, but with tornado shot it's probably much better to get charges with the herald-curse on hit setup.
1. May I know if Arziri's step is worth to against spell damage? or with high % life leech is already enough.

2. for what situation(map) cannot use vaal pact?

thank you!
So with the 1.3 removal of the hybrid phys/acc roll on tora, im guessing i should be looking at adding the following?

elreon meta mod
added flat phys
crit chance

Would you suggest divining before or after crafting the new mods? T2 inc phys % ranges from 130-149 so im on the lowest side.
Last edited by Chuckles23 on Dec 22, 2014, 3:26:14 PM
"
Jeppeboy wrote:
Hey guys, atm I am mostly farming docks for fragments. I am thinking of temporarily switching Puncture since I do not need it in docks, to some single target skill in which I can use IR and IIQ gems. I will use that skill mainly for rare and boss mobs. Do you have any recommendation for that skill? I will use it in a 5L.

I just put in Burning Arrow + Physical Projectile Damage + Faster Attacks and it gave me about 34k dps wit auras, perhaps that will work. Thinking of having Pierce instead of Faster Attacks though.

In docks you should be able to just use your TS with IIQ and IIR gems, even in just a 5L (unless you have to recolour which could be a PITA I guess). I have a 6L with TS and IIQ...damage is still way over the top for an area like docks (and even low lvl maps), but don't have a red socket so can't add my IIQ. I would think even in a 5L it would be ok.

On the fragments farming, do you you have a lot of Vaal orbs and don't know what to do with them? If so, consider vaaling maps with multiple bosses such as Museum and Bazaar. I tried to farm for frags and could hardly ever find a CZ in mini-map areas. After the patch change that gave a chance to get a frag/VaalGem from bosses in corrupted maps, I started vaaling maps and probably got a frag 2 out of 3 maps and of course maps give better drops, more maps, and Vaaling can give you some awesome quanitity bonuses.

Just hope you don't get a map like this...still haven't had the guts to run it :-)

Spoiler

Now if only GGG would introduce an easier way to get uber frags. Still haven't faced uber Atziri. Despite heaps of Atziri runs, still only have two types of uber frags.
"
Chuckles23 wrote:
So with the 1.3 removal of the hybrid phys/acc roll on tora, im guessing i should be looking at adding the following?

elreon meta mod
added flat phys
crit chance

Would you suggest divining before or after crafting the new mods? T2 inc phys % ranges from 130-149 so im on the lowest side.

I think you already have two suffixes so if you add Elreon meta mod, you won't be able to add crit chance :-( and will only be able to add two prefixes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info