[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
NeverSink wrote:
80% of the new content is live. I still need to add the item links and format some sections (and rewrite 1-2 sections), but it should be usable now.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the updated guide.

I notice the life is now lower than previous version, and the TS one is missing some more WED nodes, is this changed in the Ice Shot specific one? Or should we just change some things like drop part of the Bow node on right and pick up HP/Ele Dmg for IS?

Also waiting on the 3.0 links for IS specifically. Curios if the new pierce impacts change
Thoughts on assassin/deadeye for scion variant if using voltaxic LA? Possibly dropping GMP?

Seemed like an easy choice for SSF with div card farming for it.
Last edited by Duderanomi on Aug 3, 2017, 10:51:39 PM
Would love if OP would share details on this Avatar-Scion ---

Is Scion > Ranger for this overall?
"
NeverSink wrote:
Why not pathfinder?
WHY NOT PATHFINDER: Previously Pathfinder was without doubt the best pick. The only reason not to pick it was assassin + reach of the council. With the nerf to the alchemist cluster, the massive ES nerfs, the weak poison of 3.0 (compared to the double dipping poison of 2.6) and nerfs to the flasks themselves, pathfinder took a massive - even if well deserved hit.

With a full flask equip (Dying Sun, Taste of Hate, Atziri's, Diamond/Vinktar) you can still respect and go pathfinder, yet this is pretty pointless early on.

Pathfinder also offers elemental damage and penetration. Those nodes are very powerful. Yet I believe that scion has way more to offer at that point.

Gonna be honest here, but this is bullshit.

"Nerf to alchemist cluster" - Didn't really path there to begin with, efficiency for life-based build to get to that point was awful and I had multiple trees before I gave up on the idea. So unless there is magical pathing there that was to be sacrificed, then this is moot. With 3.0 you need +1 Jewel Socket to compensate for that (Conquerer Jewel) and it would still be worth it because they didn't touch the part of Dying Sun that actually affects archers, the + Projectile part.

"Massive ES nerfs" - This post has always been a life based build. So don't know why we are discussing ES here. The tree that was in here for 2.6 ES build was poorly thought out, had no flask nodes from Ranger start and was a Pathfinder. To cap Crit on that tree you needed some ungodly amount of optimization, and then it took Herbalist for some reason when the guide never mentioned Poison links. I'm confused why this is relevant so help me to understand.

"Weak poison of 3.0" - Not gonna argue on the poison but Pathfinder isn't poison by default it was to take advantage of Master Alchemist to overload of Unique Flasks and then get massive uptime of flasks + the free penetration. Poison Pathfinder archers were pretty specific. Your comment about elemental damage and penetration is one feature of Pathfinder. Uptime of elemental flask provides additional mitigation against damage as well. Uptime of Onslaught/Quicksilver provides way more smooth gameplay as you transition to late game. Uptime of Diamond, no explanation needed, and so forth. It's the ability to get full buff bars for free on top of what you already got out of the ascendancy. Not to mention with a Flaskfinder belt, this is all 100% no issue in temp league.

"With a full flask equip..." - Atziri Flask is 1c, and will still be this league. Early advantage of Pathfinder, although not great, is Atziri/Diamond/Quicksilver/Onslaught, such ridiculous power spike for pretty much nothing. Vinktar in early league is generally 40-50c and a flask that experienced players beeline to very early. I had mine on Day 2 evening/Day 3 morning last league. You don't need Dying Sun, generally last thing you bought, and TOH was a tier 2 flask in that setup.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 4, 2017, 1:32:46 AM
Im having rly hard time with capping resistances when I wanna go for Kaom's body armour, or any other unique, since my DPS is dropping rly hard when I need to get more resistances on jewellery, for example I have 64k Total DPS on my tornado shot, and dropped to 50k Total DPS, all done in Path of Building. Any solution to this. Or maybe I shouldn't bother, but I have 4,7k life only, and wanted to fix it.
Last edited by Om3nov on Aug 4, 2017, 5:12:59 AM
Thanks for the great guide!

As I am planning to play this as a Doomfletch variant, I want to do Scion Elementalist/Raider for the 50% reflect reduction.

In the final Scion tree (version 2 in your guide) you currently move eastwards from Scion start to Vaal pact, but my plans were going for the Scion life wheel instead and then starting from Ranger through the ascendancy.
For such a tree, would I be moving down from Scion start to King of the Hill until I have the ascendancy points?

Can you maybe suggest a leveling tree for such a build variant or the tree you proposed for Scion?
i tried and played around your build idea in PoB and in 2.6 standard, and the maximum life i could reach without dropping too much dmg is 6100~. leggacy league is the time i first got into poe and it is the over 6000 es easy reaching with full dmg nodes on the tree. im glad its down toned now but may i ask what is the comfortable amount of life with your build idea in end game??? or even generally the comfortable amount of life with general builds??? 6100 life seems sooooooo squishy and your build dont have much armor as well, which makes me feeel soooo danger and quite uncomfortable, not to mention that is with all the gg gears, with t1 life on everything. so my questions are: whats your opinion/ advice on the amount of maximum life your build ideas could/should reach??? is the mechanics of the evasion and dodge of your bow build(s) enough???(coz i feel so uncomfortable coz i know if i got hit the only thing i left is my life pool(6100max), all res, physical reduction, a bit of reduced dmg taken somewhere)??? Whats the maximum things i could do to prevent getting one shot???(thats the only thing that im worried coz i know i got good leech and VP)
thx for anyone who answer me!
Last edited by MelbourneLoneWolf on Aug 4, 2017, 4:42:40 AM
I'm nearly as hyped for this update as I am for 3.0 as this build was the first I followed and got me into PoE. Plus bows are great.
"
i tried and played around your build idea in PoB and in 2.6 standard, and the maximum life i could reach without dropping too much dmg is 6100~. leggacy league is the time i first got into poe and it is the over 6000 es easy reaching with full dmg nodes on the tree. im glad its down toned now but may i ask what is the comfortable amount of life with your build idea in end game??? or even generally the comfortable amount of life with general builds??? 6100 life seems sooooooo squishy and your build dont have much armor as well, which makes me feeel soooo danger and quite uncomfortable, not to mention that is with all the gg gears, with t1 life on everything. so my questions are: whats your opinion/ advice on the amount of maximum life your build ideas could/should reach??? is the mechanics of the evasion and dodge of your bow build(s) enough???(coz i feel so uncomfortable coz i know if i got hit the only thing i left is my life pool(6100max), all res, physical reduction, a bit of reduced dmg taken somewhere)??? Whats the maximum things i could do to prevent getting one shot???(thats the only thing that im worried coz i know i got good leech and VP)

Rangers are mostly squishy, glass cannons, life is your only protection, 6k is just enough, the thing you need to learn is how to manually dodge some attacks, and also you have a blink arrow which lets you kite bosses, basicly just try to dont get hit, in addition you can use decoy totems but I wouldn't reccomend that, save that gem spot for something better.
"
Om3nov wrote:
"

Rangers are mostly squishy, glass cannons, life is your only protection, 6k is just enough, the thing you need to learn is how to manually dodge some attacks, and also you have a blink arrow which lets you kite bosses, basicly just try to dont get hit, in addition you can use decoy totems but I wouldn't reccomend that, save that gem spot for something better.

damnnn yes!!! my savior! Om3nov! i was wondering who will help me! thx for the help man
at least now i know i am not misssing something now! again thx for the quick answer :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info