[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
ohmraver wrote:
Hi again,

I'm at level 46 right now on HC, didnt quite went trough malachai on normal (died 2 times on the first tries), had to pay for a little help... and now I'm on Cruel.

I invested a little in some gears, and my question is, What should I improve and buy in order to get to Merciless... or even better, in order to solo Malachai on Cruel.

My gear:
Spoiler

also, just bought but didn't equipped yet:

Gear to improve? Skill links to change?

I'm follow the regular skill tree and didn't completed the 58 points tree yet.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBbUGIwguCIkZjiP2MHwylDY9Ps9NklFHVP5daGKsbIxtbHsUfXV_Ao19jb-UuJUFmvGbjZ2qoaSm4KfUtUi7473mwUnEosjcyqnN6tN-1CPZxuHb53To1usU7YP5Y_4d_rr-yA==?accountName=ohmraver&characterName=Tacca

Thank you very much.

Your gear and passives are fine (but not in the long run - see below). Should be more than enough to kill Malachai on normal. Personally I prefer using TS on HC since I find it more reliable, defensive and good for kiting compared to LA / BR.

Also look into Neversinks defensive talent specc for hardcore play (he specifically writes the standard passive setup is not meant for HC) or https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1648334 my personal take on a defensive bow Ranger. Will try out my own build in the next HC league + 2 week event =)
Does my cwdt set up not work because of the vaal enchantment on my gloves? I tried it without cwdt and see if cast on crit worked but I never had an ice golem out at all. I have 50% crit on LA so I don't think its because I didn't crit. If its because of the enchantment looks like I'll have to buy another pair.

Last edited by itskaeo on May 4, 2016, 2:48:31 AM
Hey man, nice build. I've tried it on Perandus League SC and I like it very much. I want to switch in self found with the windripper, but unfortunatly there isn't an updated skill tree for that build. Will you update it? Thanks!
"
LaxusDreyar wrote:
Hey man, nice build. I've tried it on Perandus League SC and I like it very much. I want to switch in self found with the windripper, but unfortunatly there isn't an updated skill tree for that build. Will you update it? Thanks!

just search the forums for a windripper guide... :D?
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
LaxusDreyar wrote:

just search the forums for a windripper guide... :D?

This is literally the most mindblowing thing I see in this thread. There's like 3 other Windripper guides and people insist on coming back for the one that never gets updated. (It also implies incorrectly that one can "simply switch pDPS bow with Windripper and go"). Makes zero sense.

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Hey everyone,

Wants everyone's opinion on best ascendancy for LA + BR setup? Also I am running HoA and Hatred atm, would I need to change those auras to enhance LA + BR?
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Your gear and passives are fine (but not in the long run - see below). Should be more than enough to kill Malachai on normal. Personally I prefer using TS on HC since I find it more reliable, defensive and good for kiting compared to LA / BR.

Also look into Neversinks defensive talent specc for hardcore play (he specifically writes the standard passive setup is not meant for HC) or https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1648334 my personal take on a defensive bow Ranger. Will try out my own build in the next HC league + 2 week event =)

Hey Frankenberry, thanks for the help...
I followed your instructions and did some modifications, and I would love another opinion.

My gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBbUILgiJFr8ZjiP2JpUqCzBxMHw2PT7PTZJRR1VLVYVdaGHiYqxsjG1scFJ1_X11hG-J04w2jX2Nv5UFmvGbjZ2qo4qly7VIvebBScjcyqnN6tN-1CPUQtnG3ajndOjW6xTtg-4O73r-Hf66?accountName=ohmraver&characterName=Tacca

My stats with 5 frenzy:
Level 50
HP: 2445 / Mana: 371 / ES: 24
Eva: 2542
All Res. 75% on Cruel and ChaosRes at 5%.

TS DPS: 1357 & 0.45 aps
Fr DPS: 2455 & 0.34 aps
BR DPS: 1117 & 0.38 aps
Crit.Chance: 15%
Crit.Multip: 220%

What do you think about it now? Is it enough to get through cruel?
Thank u very much.
IGN: OhmRaveR
SHOP: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/183948
TimeZone: UTC +1
Last edited by ohmraver on May 4, 2016, 11:42:16 AM
"
ohmraver wrote:

Hey Frankenberry, thanks for the help...
I followed your instructions and did some modifications, and I would love another opinion.

My gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBbUILgiJFr8ZjiP2JpUqCzBxMHw2PT7PTZJRR1VLVYVdaGHiYqxsjG1scFJ1_X11hG-J04w2jX2Nv5UFmvGbjZ2qo4qly7VIvebBScjcyqnN6tN-1CPUQtnG3ajndOjW6xTtg-4O73r-Hf66?accountName=ohmraver&characterName=Tacca

My stats with 5 frenzy:
Level 50
HP: 2445 / Mana: 371 / ES: 24
Eva: 2542
All Res. 75% on Cruel and ChaosRes at 5%.

TS DPS: 1357 & 0.45 aps
Fr DPS: 2455 & 0.34 aps
BR DPS: 1117 & 0.38 aps
Crit.Chance: 15%
Crit.Multip: 220%

What do you think about it now? Is it enough to get through cruel?
Thank u very much.

I cannot remember solid stats for getting to merciless. I just do it steady and slowly when I play HC. To me it more of a feeling or groove. Does this feel safe? Usually it is not a problem with a fresh play through. Even with "crappy" gear (fresh league) as long as I am slightly over leveled for a zone. Also do not be afraid to put points into survivalist (evasion +all res cluster) and cloth and chain (all res +evasion / armor nodes). This makes gearing (especially on merciless) easier and makes room for items with more hit points on them.

Overall your passives are fine. However I would suggest you stop putting points into anything crit related until much later (lvl 70). My usual HC lvl 67 passive setup looks something like this
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn1173r-uu4Ou-P8xaOKxKINjSP2p9Rbr4d2TZKNff7IOrNOKpAK458wfBsBTP8j00p9UUcZ_kMxj2CVBY2_BiPawY1-2cYIiQW11CN7FHTtzZgylJrx6NYwcQUt6mJ_Al1omybndN2oeu91y6bgyqkyAW1sS3i-p7IZNj21SDpCZU3Pep2q1EK9NmHrbIyEb0d-elNirHX9hNkWvyaVYeJVS4w26xQ=

Crit scales well in endgame due to bows with a high base crit, certain uniques and so on. While leveling crit is not very efficient (this is the case for many builds out there btw).

Small thing about blink arrow. I really depend a lot on this skill. Saved me countless times (great for tough boss fights). Try to link to link it with faster projectiles and faster attacks. You can really feel the difference.
"
Coatesy wrote:
Hey everyone,

Wants everyone's opinion on best ascendancy for LA + BR setup? Also I am running HoA and Hatred atm, would I need to change those auras to enhance LA + BR?

Deadeye for damage.
Raider for clear speed + damage (frenzy route)
Raider for clear speed + survivability (Avatar of Veil)
Pathfinder for build specific nodes like Master Herbalist or Veteran Bowyer and of course also clear speed due to Master Surgeon.

So you tell me - what is best? apples or oranges :)? Well it depends on what you like the most and the situation. What do you want to achieve? Simply put: there is no best Ascendancy class for a bow build.
"
"
itskaeo wrote:
Does my cwdt set up not work because of the vaal enchantment on my gloves? I tried it without cwdt and see if cast on crit worked but I never had an ice golem out at all. I have 50% crit on LA so I don't think its because I didn't crit. If its because of the enchantment looks like I'll have to buy another pair.

I believe the skill you use to crit must be an attack gem that has to be on the gloves. I don't think it works globally. The skill that triggers the Cast on Crit must be a skill that can score a hit and crit, and must be on the gloves. The ability you try to trigger must be of a kind that does not hit. I am not sure but try using any attack skill gem and the golem on the gloves. The skill gems in other equipment shouldn't make a difference.

I don't want to use the Cast on Crit, but even with the Cast while Damage Taken it isn't working. I just test with another set of gloves and it does proc Immortal Call but still no golem and I can't hard summon it either. With the Maligaro, nothing procs. I might just buy another pair of gloves and see what happens.

Edit: Bought a new pair and Immortal Call does proc with cwdt but still no Ice Golem for some reason.
Last edited by itskaeo on May 4, 2016, 5:19:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info