[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I did compare them, You lose the heavy draw and deadly draw clusters vs the ranger and the start for the scion would really really suck since your going to lack in life for a good while.

I think that the 1% base crit and 150% extra easy crit in power charges though makes up for it in pure damage. It is really close though, you are right that its probably not worth it because of the terrible terrible start you would have trying to go scion as you would get no life on the tree and poor damage until probably halfway through cruel.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 3, 2016, 2:53:03 AM
So, before I could have one tree, and switch between TS and LA as needed.

Do you think this is still viable, since TS would be better with Deadeye and LA with Pathfinder?

Or is going LA/Deadeye also an option?
I want to play as tornado/puncture or tornado/blast rain this league and i'm not yet familiar with all the smaller finer details of the game.

One uqestion i have is: withouth vaal pact , how will I deal with reflect damage? Does it convert the physical damage into elemental? If yes, how is that done?

Please i'm still a begginer, treat me as such.
Last edited by arkolyno on Mar 3, 2016, 3:54:27 AM
Where are the updates? !!!!!!!!
"
arkolyno wrote:
I want to play as tornado/puncture or tornado/blast rain this league and i'm not yet familiar with all the smaller finer details of the game.

One uqestion i have is: withouth vaal pact , how will I deal with reflect damage? Does it convert the physical damage into elemental? If yes, how is that done?

Please i'm still a begginer, treat me as such.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1549663 Read this thread.
"
Cr4v3n wrote:

Do you think this is still viable, since TS would be better with Deadeye and LA with Pathfinder?

It is all perfectly viable. First obvious reason being Ascendancy classes are a flat out buff. If it worked just fine before the patch without an Ascendancy class there is no reason why it shouldn't work now. With the two examples you brought up Deadeye brings good abilities for an LA setup and Pathfinder likewise brings good options for a TS setup :)

Or you could switch between different setups within deadeye (chain ability is great for LA setup).
"
Maethorr wrote:
I did compare them, You lose the heavy draw and deadly draw clusters vs the ranger and the start for the scion would really really suck since your going to lack in life for a good while.

I think that the 1% base crit and 150% extra easy crit in power charges though makes up for it in pure damage. It is really close though, you are right that its probably not worth it because of the terrible terrible start you would have trying to go scion as you would get no life on the tree and poor damage until probably halfway through cruel.

I don't think it is worth it at all. Not even close.
That is 10% accuracy, 21% attack speed and 121% increased damage you will miss out on from Deadly draw and Heavy Draw :O
You will gain other nodes from Scion start (attack speed, jewel slot, some crit) but it seems inefficient compared to the Ranger setup.

As for Scion Ascendancy classes my take is this:
Assasin seems decent. The power charge bonus is nice to have but ultimately unreliable. Especially in boss fights when it counts the most. The 1% base crit is cool. Not a biggie though.
Raider is great. "Permanent" onslaught is just fantastic. Imho go-to Ascendancy class.
Berserker is also a strong choice. 10% damage is the main attraction, but the life leech is also nice and could save you some points in leech wheel :)

My combo of choice would be Berserker + Raider. Still it doesn't seem as strong as a Ranger setup with one of the Ranger Ascendancy classes :)
Honestly, unless something changes I am thinking that lightning arrow is probably going to be the best option this time around. That pen is just sick, 8% on arcing blows and 10% on pathfinder as well as 6% on forces of nature is huge. The chain bonus looks really sick as well though. One thing would be is how far shot interacts with chaining, it should mean 30% more damage on most of your projectiles if they keep the distance on chaining. If that is the case I can see that edging out pathfinders flasks and pen/added damage, if just barely.

Really it sucks because its all so well balanced, there are so many different options that are so close it is almost impossible to tell which would pull ahead without actually testing them. I am interested to see neversink's opinions actually. I have drawn up four totally different builds that I think are all fairly powerful in different ways.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 3, 2016, 7:33:40 AM
"WIP" in title!
YES!
Waiting for update! :)
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Cr4v3n wrote:

It is all perfectly viable. First obvious reason being Ascendancy classes are a flat out buff. If it worked just fine before the patch without an Ascendancy class there is no reason why it shouldn't work now. With the two examples you brought up Deadeye brings good abilities for an LA setup and Pathfinder likewise brings good options for a TS setup :)

Or you could switch between different setups within deadeye (chain ability is great for LA setup).

What about going raider for the frenzy part of the tree, eliminating the need for a frenzy charge setup except against bosses without adds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info