[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Hi guys, was busy so couldn't check the thread during the last days.

I'm going to answer the questions, update the thread and the spreadsheet soon.

my question is, what other skills do you want to see in the spreadsheet?

My basic idea was: puncture, split arrow, rain of arrows, lightning arrow, cold arrow. Did i miss anything important?

Would love to see your windripper ele version of this build :)
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
Hello guys, have had this build for about 3 days now and I'm loving it so far. Have a few questions however. Since I don't have a lot of currency to spend atm I'm slowly grinding to get better equipment. Is it worth it to save money to get doryani's belt and should I replace maligaro's with shadow and dust? Or should I just save money to get a 6 link armor?

Spoiler

Oh, one last question. I only do about 7.8k dps atm with torn shot. Is it normal or is something wrong with my gear?

another edit: I have this armor to upgrade to already, guess i'll just 6 link it myself later on
Spoiler

I would honestly save up for a drillneck first then a 6L after. Don't worry about your DPS too much. As long as your still blazing through content, you're doing enough damage. DPS will just come when all of your gems are 20q
"
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
Hello guys, have had this build for about 3 days now and I'm loving it so far. Have a few questions however. Since I don't have a lot of currency to spend atm I'm slowly grinding to get better equipment. Is it worth it to save money to get doryani's belt and should I replace maligaro's with shadow and dust? Or should I just save money to get a 6 link armor?

Spoiler

Oh, one last question. I only do about 7.8k dps atm with torn shot. Is it normal or is something wrong with my gear?

another edit: I have this armor to upgrade to already, guess i'll just 6 link it myself later on
Spoiler

I would honestly save up for a drillneck first then a 6L after. Don't worry about your DPS too much. As long as your still blazing through content, you're doing enough damage. DPS will just come when all of your gems are 20q

Hmmm alright guess i'll do that. Although I might not completely understand the total drillneck concept then, I thought this would only give me a good boost in damage when I have a pretty high pierce chance.
Another question since I read through this post a bit more, I only have ~1200 accuracy at this point, what is an easy way to get it higher?
What about using Curse on hit with lightning arrow and assassins mark or something? Could shock and wouldnt lose damage while cursing, or is there no place for gems?
"
korzasa wrote:
What about using Curse on hit with lightning arrow and assassins mark or something? Could shock and wouldnt lose damage while cursing, or is there no place for gems?

I use
to place curse (look at gems).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:
"
"
xDirtyWorkZ wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hmmm alright guess i'll do that. Although I might not completely understand the total drillneck concept then, I thought this would only give me a good boost in damage when I have a pretty high pierce chance.
Another question since I read through this post a bit more, I only have ~1200 accuracy at this point, what is an easy way to get it higher?

You can get up to 50% chance to Pierce with just a drillneck and Pierce cluster in the passive tree. That translates to 50% increased damage. Start leveling 2 Pierce gems on your weapon switch. Try to get jewelry with +accuracy rating. In the meantime, You can get the accuracy cluster near the blood drinker node
"
Another option for reducing the risk of physical reflect is to swap out your Tornado Shot with Lightning Arrow or Ice Shot. I find this is a pretty simple solution that allows me to continue with relatively high DPS and not have to bother with using Grace, chugging flasks, etc. I'll note that this is probably a better solution for low to mid level end game gear. Real god tier gear might still have too much damage even when converting some of it to elemental. But, that's why Acuity gloves exist.

That works, but not overcapping accuracy and having a high life pool still works best for me.
As regardless, I simply don't recommend running reflect maps on level 90+. You can afford spending a few chaos on that level and it's not worth risking the RIP.

The problem with reflect and evasion is, you can't 100% be sure you'll survive, unless you have acuity. Sure you will LIKELY dodge enough reflected arrows with the evasion in 99.99%.

"
Hi, so I'm a point where I'm confident enough with my dodging skills to try uber atziri. Would it be cheaper to buy the necessary fragments or try to farm them on my own? I've just chained 5 sets of normal atziri and only got 1 fragment which was a grief. Thanks

Buy them. It's not exactly cheaper, but you might spend days farming those until a hope drops.

"
very good guide, thx man.
But i have a question. I'm lvl 79 atm using a 311 dps thicket bow with 6,2% crt chance and was thinking about upgrading to a higher crit harbinger bow. But a 300+ harbinger with 8+% crit is so damn expensive. So i was wondering if a harbinger with less dps (250-280) and 8+% crit would benefit me as well. I recently tried a 200 dps harbinger with 9% crit and i lost around 2k dps. Does anyone know whats the best option here?

There is no best option. Getting a high damage harbinger is expensive, alternatively you can craft one yourself. It's not cheap, but it's affordable if you're going for a mediocre result (300+ PDPS).

You want flaring+random decent mod to start with. Regal it, pay someone with level 8 elreon+tora to finish the craft and you'll have a 300-360 harbinger with 85%+ crit. It's still cheaper than buying one.

However, getting one of those 400 PDPS++ harbies requires a lot of luck. I spent ov

er 7000 alts trying to create a base for it without any success.

"
What is the optimal level for CWDT+IC+ID+EC combo? I currently run a level 4 CWDT but I dont know how high I should be leveling it, currently sitting at 3,6k life, what level do you guys have on your CWDT?

There are breakpoints. I recommend anything between level 4 or 10. The goal is to be able to put attacks in between. I might add a small section in the calculator

"
edit: and at what chance to hit should I be at? currently sitting at 80% as level 74, seems to be a little bit low right?

You want a flat accuracy of 1500-2000 for endgame maps. Anything higher will provide little DPS increase, while significantly increasing the chances of dying to reflect.

"

Accuracy/Crit cluster and the Accuracy/Resist clusters are both amazing.

"

It's not a bad idea. I recommended it in the guide actually. However, there are a few things to consider:

Well right now, I'm using the following links:

Assuming I'd run 2 full 6 links (which might happen soon). I'd have to replace either the vaalhaste/portal/curse setup or the puncture.

To be honest I value vaalhaste/portal setup a lot. With decent damage and survival you want to optimize your farm and those 2 gems do it just fine. The cast speed on assassins mark is not too terrible either, so I'm rolling with it.

However, if you find not using puncture a lot and don't feel like running atziri at all (where it is awesome), you can replace it with a utility shot:

Frenzy OR lightning arrow
GMP
Curse on hit
Assassins mark
(Faster attacks)
(added lightning damage OR chain)
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Also a big thank you to everyone, who was answering the questions of other users, while I was absent.
Especially a big thumbs up for:

MortalKombat3 and Phil82

I was expecting half a riot of unanswered questions, but thanks to those two dudes, thread remained fairly clean.

Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Hello!

First of all thank you for making this guide. Im using it in Beyond and i really like it thus far.
I have question. Do you think Lightning Coil is an absolute necessity to counter reflect mobs? Because i just bought an Queen of the Forest but a friend of mine says that i will guaranteed die to reflect with it and should buy a coil.

Greetings Rob aka Kramurz
I've been having a blast with a build similar to this one after a friend gave me
83 levels in and this detailed guide still helped me learn new things and consider other options.
Considering dropping lightning coil for a rare chest with res in order to drop my res boots to atziri steps.

And using assasin's mark instead of power charge on critical on tornado shot, I was thinking the cast time to be too much of a hassle to keep up with every pack of trash mobs.

A few more levels and I'll try normal Atziri for the first time ever.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Oct 1, 2014, 7:56:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info