[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

For me, Lioneye competes with a harbinger with 15% less dps, see end of ranger build list where I've listed a topic that compares LG to two harbinger.
It's still a very good bow.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
chokatocheeew wrote:
72 Skill Tree

Gears
Spoiler

I just bought a 20/20 Nado shot and 20/20 GMP, so my DPS now is 8.5k, while my HP is 2.9k and I'm level 72. I haven't gotten the Heart of Oak node yet, but I will on my next level.

I just bought a

which gave space for 2 rings and I currently have 3.2k hp but surprisingly, my dps shrunk from 8.5k to 7.1k. I've swapped the Faster Attacks on my chest to Pierce since I use drillneck. My HP became 3.2k though.. I've respecced some of my nodes (the crit and crit multiplier: 3 nodes and stun recovery below Heart of Oak) to get 30% Pierce chance.
Last edited by chokatocheeew on Mar 28, 2015, 12:20:19 AM

So that happened last night. Was trying to 5L my armor so I could add an extra gem to puncture, and BAM, 6L instead.

Decided to go with GGGGBR so I can run Item Quantity for general mapping, and Fire Damage where DPS is necessary.

At this point in the game, I've officially had better lucking getting 6L than I have getting 6S. It's crazy.
Trying to set up a CoH HoL build based on this. Assassins mark + Phys Projectile Weakness seems like it would be great.

I haven't bought anything for it yet, but the one big downside is that unless I choose an alpha's howl over my rat's nest I'll lose Herald of Ice for Herald of Lightning.

Anyone know of a way around that other than Alpha's?
I'm pretty sure this has been said many times. And no I'm not using your build but oh my, isn't this a very well designed guide? I mean look at this, you pretty much covered every possible thing someone can ask for, plus awesome graphs.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
got a question, running this build in the one month race, got the maligaros, infractem, thiefs torment, i plan to do atziri with infractem and i think i should not have issues altought cos i use thiefs and have no life on it im considering staroknjas head instead of rats nest? dunno if the los of 40% and 5% as is worth the 100 but i think it is what u think, is starkonjas to much of a drawback?
Hi, I think I've reached almost the end levels in this build and I've tried some changes (probably a good choice only having similar equip and level):

I found more effective in aoe damage the lightning arrow: LA - chain - LMP - PPAD - WED - Incr CD (around 40k dps that stacks a lot of times thanks to natural LA chain + chain gem)
For single target I use frenzy, that reached around 380k dps with power charges, frenzy charges, flask and vaal haste: frenzy - WED - phys to light - FA - PPAD - Incr CD (or add fire dmg).

Otherwise i reached 108k TS dps ONLY with auras (hatred, herald of ash, herald of thunder) and no flasks or charges, with these links: TS - phys to light - PPAD - WED - GMP - Incr CD (or add fire dmg). The phys dps is obviuosly less but the total output is 30k greater (80k to 108 in my case), also this helps against reflects.

Thanks again to Neversink for this awesome guide, it's a perfect equilibrium between great DPS and defensive skills.
Last edited by Darkaleb on Mar 30, 2015, 2:57:21 AM
"
Darkaleb wrote:
Hi, I think I've reached almost the end levels in this build and I've tried some changes (probably a good choice only having similar equip and level):

I found more effective in aoe damage the lightning arrow: LA - chain - LMP - PPAD - WED - Incr CD (around 40k dps that stacks a lot of times thanks to natural LA chain + chain gem)
For single target I use frenzy, that reached around 380k dps with power charges, frenzy charges, flask and vaal haste: frenzy - WED - phys to light - FA - PPAD - Incr CD (or add fire dmg).

Otherwise i reached 108k TS dps ONLY with auras (hatred, herald of ash, herald of thunder) and no flasks or charges, with these links: TS - phys to light - PPAD - WED - GMP - Incr CD (or add fire dmg). The phys dps is obviuosly less but the total output is 30k greater (80k to 108 in my case), also this helps against reflects.

Thanks again to Neversink for this awesome guide, it's a perfect equilibrium between great DPS and defensive skills.

LA is indeed better in terms of AoE coverage.

However, the guide was designed in mind for new challenge leagues, where the damage output of LA is simply lacking without access to mirror-level weapons.... which is kind of a shame.

Still I'm glad you like the guide and gz. to the great gear.

"
got a question, running this build in the one month race, got the maligaros, infractem, thiefs torment, i plan to do atziri with infractem and i think i should not have issues altought cos i use thiefs and have no life on it im considering staroknjas head instead of rats nest? dunno if the los of 40% and 5% as is worth the 100 but i think it is what u think, is starkonjas to much of a drawback?

Personally I never considered using starkonjas before. It's a pretty great though and I'll consider actually adding it and running it next time I'll roll a TS ranger, as a alternative to rat's nest.. at least as a budget option and for the very start of the league.

However for atziri: to be honest. unless starkonjas helps you reach the ~4.4k point where you can survive flameblasts without flask on, I really think you're better off with Rat's nest for Atziri.

Infractem is not a really high damage bow to be honest, you might run into flask trouble, because the fight is taking too long.

Still good luck with your efforts

"
Trying to set up a CoH HoL build based on this. Assassins mark + Phys Projectile Weakness seems like it would be great.

I haven't bought anything for it yet, but the one big downside is that unless I choose an alpha's howl over my rat's nest I'll lose Herald of Ice for Herald of Lightning.

Anyone know of a way around that other than Alpha's?

You can pick up the charisma nodes under the shadow tree. With it you have JUST enough mana (with reduced mana level 20x 2x) to run 1 Aura+3heralds. Better have good accuracy, base damage and a high mana leech though.

"
For me, Lioneye competes with a harbinger with 15% less dps, see end of ranger build list where I've listed a topic that compares LG to two harbinger.
It's still a very good bow.

I did extensive testing and calculations with lionseye. It's an incredible bow, but it has 3 problems:
1) Low crit
2) Reflect problems
3) High attack speed causes more mana problems (lower leech, less damage/hit, high ManaCost per second)

Still as a temp. solution, you can easily run most endgame content with Lionseye's until you get your hands on a decent harbinger.

Actually chanced a lionseye two leagues ago.

~~Neversink
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Mar 30, 2015, 5:49:02 AM

is that bow viable for this build? please answer me :<
"
chokatocheeew wrote:

is that bow viable for this build? please answer me :<

Mastercraft some crit on it and maybe ex it 2 times if you feel ballsy and it'll do great.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info