Mitigating damage from "Blood Rage"

Life regen is key for non-CI Blood Rage. Pre 1.2 I had a build that used Blood Rage for basically free because I had 3% life regen, but ended up with no regen after the patch and Blood Rage is now too dangerous. I went from 30-10 chaos res as well but had been using BR at -20 beforehand anyway.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Also buddy you can put the Blood Rage gem in your weapon/shield socket. Then if there are no enemies nearby you can just hit "X" to weapon swap and it will turn off Blood Rage! :)
"
tackle70 wrote:
Zealot's Oath + life regen will mitigate the degen. You want as little life as possible and as much ES as possible (since degen rate is proportional to life but regen rate is proportional to ES when using ZO).

^this does not make any sense. ZO makes you regen ES instead of life. Chaos damage does bypass ES

on topic: CI, or chaos resist and/or life regen
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 7, 2014, 6:53:24 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
Zealot's Oath + life regen will mitigate the degen. You want as little life as possible and as much ES as possible (since degen rate is proportional to life but regen rate is proportional to ES when using ZO).

^this does not make any sense. ZO makes you regen ES instead of life. Chaos damage does bypass ES

on topic: CI, or chaos resist and/or life regen

haha oops; got used to thinking about Shavs

correct, my post is not relevant here
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Does the x% less damage modifier from Cast When Damage Taken apply to the chaos DoT dealt by Blood Rage if it is cast by the trigger support?
"
VixTrader wrote:
Oh I meant until I actually spec into CI which will be late game. In the meantime, I'm kind of looking for solutions because early mapping I'm definitely noticing the drain. But if no items or temp skill nodes can help, I guess I'm just going to have to kill fast to keep the leech up.

Or you you could simply not use Blood Rage until you're ready?
"
PitzerMike wrote:

I'm wondering too. @OP the only benefit you'll get from BR when you take CI is the Life Leech, which you won't really profit from when life stays at 1 (the one life remaining when CI was taken counts as full life, not low life. Low life would be 0,35 and below life, which isn't possible). For a low life build on the other hand it would make sense, but it's not a CI build. More a Blood Magic one.

For life leech better skill some nodes, get items or use the Warlord's Mark curse.

Edit: If for the Frenzy Charge, Frenzy or Poacher's Mark would be an alternative too.
Last edited by Salumba on Nov 14, 2014, 11:08:49 AM
"
Salumba wrote:
"
PitzerMike wrote:

I'm wondering too. @OP the only benefit you'll get from BR when you take CI is the Life Leech, which you won't really profit from when life stays at 1 (the one life remaining when CI was taken counts as full life, not low life. Low life would be 0,35 and below life, which isn't possible). For a low life build on the other hand it would make sense, but it's not a CI build. More a Blood Magic one.

For life leech better skill some nodes, get items or use the Warlord's Mark curse.

Edit: If for the Frenzy Charge, Frenzy or Poacher's Mark would be an alternative too.

CI = no drawback
free physical life leech
free frenzy charge on kill
Positive Chaos Res + 2% life regen from anywhere on the tree = you won't even notice it.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Langhun wrote:

CI = no drawback
free physical life leech
free frenzy charge on kill

CI = loose everything but life leech
free physical life leech = purpose?
free frenzy charge on kill - take Frenzy and get free frenzy charge on hit instead?
Last edited by Salumba on Nov 14, 2014, 3:08:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info