Mitigating damage from "Blood Rage"

Frenzy, requiring multiple swings to get Charges in the first place plus frequent switching between two skills, or Blood Rage, which you active once and is there for-fucking-ever plus allows obtaining Frenzy Charges with Spells. Clearly there is no bloody reason to use BR if you can have Frenzy instead. Ever.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Frenzy, requiring multiple swings to get Charges in the first place plus frequent switching between two skills, or Blood Rage, which you active once and is there for-fucking-ever plus allows obtaining Frenzy Charges with Spells. Clearly there is no bloody reason to use BR if you can have Frenzy instead. Ever.

Last time I checked, Frenzy gem does stuff other than providing charges.
Same as Blood Rage.
And one is an active attack, the other is a temporary buff. So why even compare them?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Actually I play a char with Frenzy and it's a guaranteed Frenzy Charge on every single hit skill. Hit, get FC until limit, use another skill. Maybe you should also play a bit between commenting?
That's exactly what I describe though.
You need to use Frenzy multiple times to get your Charges up - you only use Blood Rage once per instance. You need to use Frenzy to refresh the Charge duration - Blood Rage does that automatically every kill you score.

You're also ignoring what I'm saying in favour of calling me out on not playing as much as other people do. I do enjoy a good conversation.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
And one is an active attack, the other is a temporary buff. So why even compare them?

Because allegedly Frenzy can replace Blood Rage wholesale. The fact they're inherently completely different is precisely my point. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 14, 2014, 4:55:04 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That's exactly what I describe though.
You need to use Frenzy multiple times to get your Charges up - you only use Blood Rage once per instance. You need to use Frenzy to refresh the Charge duration - Blood Rage does that automatically every kill you score.

So it's activating BR and using any other (aoe) skill to get a Frenzy Charge on kill.

And Frenzy to get Frenzy charge on frenzy-hit.

Ok, there is a difference. You're right, my apologies :-)
Chaos resist to lower the damage, Regen to counteract it.

The Blood Dance is pretty useful for Bloodrage builds as it gives 1% regen per frenzy charge, so even with a low-max-frenzy-charge flickerstrike build you can generally get at least 2% out of it, more if you've picked up extra frenzy charges.

CI makes you immune to the degen, but you wouldn't be able to benefit from the attack speed (or the lifesteal unless you take Ghost Reaver). But considering the Frenzy charge generation is usually the selling point, that's not much of a problem.

"
Salumba wrote:

So it's activating BR and using any other (aoe) skill to get a Frenzy Charge on kill.

And Frenzy to get Frenzy charge on frenzy-hit.

Ok, there is a difference. You're right, my apologies :-)

Try running a Flicker build once, you'll see a huge degree of difference between using Frenzy for charges and using BR for charges.

-Frenzy: Use Frenzy a few times, then use Flickerstrike a few times, then use Frenzy a few times to build charges back up, etc etc. Works alright on bosses, but feels horribly clunky for clearing. Not to mention potentially dangerous should you run out of charges in the middle of a pack.

-Bloodrage: Activate Bloodrage, Flickerstrike endlessly as long as you can keep scoring kills often enough. Very fluid and fast for clearing, not as much danger of running out of charges if properly built. Not great against bosses though, unless they spawn mobs.

Personally, I run a combination of the two for my Flicker build so I can cover cases where I can't rely on kills for charges, but Bloodrage is definitely the more important of the two for the fact that it *doesn't* involve having to break up my attack patterns to rebuild charges. Discharger builds can often have use same principle for building frenzy charges.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 14, 2014, 6:33:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info