[Build of the week S4E8] Havrd's Burning Arrow Marauder [Bloodlines][1.3]

I am not a fan of being a trapper, so do you think this build would work without trap gem?

Manually casting burning arrow I mean.

Theoretically losing the trap gem would not be horrible. After all, it's just 30% more compared to 50% from point blank and 100% from Chin Sol. The real issue lies in Chin Sol and point blank requiring close range. Thus to be useful you'd need to be at melee range for the build to work without trap gem. That is not very feasible.

If you wish to play burning arrow prolif without trap, I'd personally recommend not going for point blank and iron grip and probably not even Chin Sol. Crit might be a good idea to get those big burns since you'll miss the permanent "crit" from point blank. Avatar of Fire can be replaced by using Blackgleam, but freeing up quiver slot for something genuinely good is a great idea as well.

Alternatively I can recommend going Avatar of Fire with Ice Spear and crit. As long as you can shoot enemies far enough from you (which can be an issue sometimes) your crit rate is going to be fairly massive. The hits themselves won't be massive and thus the burns won't be as great as they would be with certain other builds such as this one, but enough to clear trash quickly and as a bonus spammed fiery ice spears themselves have fairly decent spammable dps. As a bonus you will not need nor necessarily want ignite chance at all and you can use frost AND fire nodes - fire being better due to it double dipping to the burns. Alternatively you can just ignore Avatar of Fire and the leftmost side of the tree if you get Three Dragons for your helmet, but then you cannot get the burn-initial hit double dipping and will only wish frost damage anyway. However, without Three Dragons you will need to use cold to fire gem as well.
Last edited by perselmokki on Sep 29, 2014, 4:59:39 PM
"
Havrd wrote:

Are you using Firepenetration??? i do NOT have this issue, and even if i get a hard tripple resist yellow mob in a 77 map i just use a vaal BA on it.... Guananteed death

yes I am. just got dual curse, it's awesome. and I'm not using vaal burning arrow usually, I need to swap burning arrow with vaal one before boss fights if I want to take them down fast.
Well solo things go down really fast anyway, but in parties it's a bit annoying.

I'm doing up to lvl 75 rare maps.

GZ on getting +1 arrow corruption! :D how is it?

My gear right now (gotta change my helmet and gloves asap... they're there since I was an MFer xD got the res to do it easily so I'll try to get some chaos res)
Spoiler
Last edited by noobdw on Sep 29, 2014, 8:09:46 PM
"
noobdw wrote:
and I'm not using vaal burning arrow usually, I need to swap burning arrow with vaal one before boss fights if I want to take them down fast.
Well solo things go down really fast anyway, but in parties it's a bit annoying.

I would really reconsider if i was you, using vaal BA all the time improves clearspeed alot, if not in 75maps with Kaoms, it will atleast help alot in groups and in 78 maps!

+1 arrow is only good for Vaal Burning arrow, it helps getting more ignites. But it really shines at the upfront burst damage the extra explosion does.

Your gear is looking really nice!
That ammulet you have is so insane!
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
Last edited by Havrd on Oct 2, 2014, 6:35:17 PM
"
Havrd wrote:
"
noobdw wrote:
and I'm not using vaal burning arrow usually, I need to swap burning arrow with vaal one before boss fights if I want to take them down fast.

I would really reconsider if i was you, using vaal BA all the time improves clearspeed alot, if not in 75maps with Kaoms, it will atleast help alot in groups and in 78 maps!

+1 arrow is only good for Vaal Burning arrow, it helps getting more ignites. But it really shines at the upfront burst damage the extra explosion does.

Your gear is looking really nice!
That ammulet you have is so insane!

you're right, bought decent gloves and helmet, gotta upgrade my belt and then I'm saving for a 6L, put both vaal and normal burning arrow there (double 5L)

The amulet costed me 20c!! :D
I love the build, lvl 88 already. btw you should update your "plans" section.

5.8k life (41% life on the tree waiting for me, picked the dmg nodes first :3)
3k avg dmg
Last edited by noobdw on Oct 2, 2014, 8:32:43 PM
What do you think about fire doryani's invitation for this build? Also, how's the additional arrow mod working out?

EDIT:
Just my 2 cents. I obtained a doryani's invitation today and have been kind of regretting it. It's not really better in the damage department than my old cheap ass belt
, which actually gives me a good amount of life, and it could be much better. The 25% elem damage is the same as 25% fire if I understand it correctly (that's also what the numbers said). I've asked around and apparently the fire leeched as life doesn't work with traps. The 10% to ignite could be nice, but I found it rather unnecessary and sketchy to use.
I've since sold that thing for 1 ex more than I bought it for so it all worked out for the best, but I'd be interested to hear if there's any reason the belt is better than something like the one I have.
Last edited by JLF on Oct 4, 2014, 1:02:36 PM
"
JLF wrote:
What do you think about fire doryani's invitation for this build? Also, how's the additional arrow mod working out?

EDIT:
Just my 2 cents. I obtained a doryani's invitation today and have been kind of regretting it. It's not really better in the damage department than my old cheap ass belt
, which actually gives me a good amount of life, and it could be much better. The 25% elem damage is the same as 25% fire if I understand it correctly (that's also what the numbers said). I've asked around and apparently the fire leeched as life doesn't work with traps. The 10% to ignite could be nice, but I found it rather unnecessary and sketchy to use.
I've since sold that thing for 1 ex more than I bought it for so it all worked out for the best, but I'd be interested to hear if there's any reason the belt is better than something like the one I have.

Not all together, but all are upgrades:
#More life
#chaos res (it's your responsibility to cap the other res somehow)
#armour
#high wed
#craft trap dmg

you can have up to 56 increased dmg (36wed+20trap) and up to 164 life 99+40+25(50str) I believe.
So I've finally hit 62. After scrambling to cover a 60 dex gap with some gear crafting, I've started to put my Chin Sol to work. Here's what I've noticed:

When my traps actually trigger, hit, and proc burn, the damage I deal is incredible. But I don't seem to be doing either of these things consistently enough (although hitting issues will disappear once I take RT). I don't have the means to drive up my burn chance to 100% yet, even with flammability, and the proliferation radius isn't immense, which means that enemies don't always stay put long enough to burn all the way through.

My current gear (still leveling, haven't gotten all gem setups ready):

Spoiler

And is gang's momentum viable for this build?
Last edited by Intersection on Oct 4, 2014, 7:26:58 PM
RIP (A lvl of stupidity you've never seen before)
elemental reflect. I removed trap gem to see how it plays without and because I never care about reflect didn't see that the HUGE pack had it and shot vaal BA... but well survivability was very high so no worries, it's definitely not a glass cannon. (and I didn't even reach what I planned)

I'll feel bad if I reroll it, but definitely going to respec my first char in the next league into it. was soooooooo fun. (my first char to 88.5 and first time I lvl gems to 20)

The best builds in the game couldn't keep up(mjolner/srs/coc/incinerators/tornado shot), the hardest bosses died like flies, I couldn't see which exiles come from the boxes because my screen froze everytime I opened the boxes and who cares? the moment I could move again they were dead (vaal BA snap shotting OP)

Thank you for posting it on reddit! probably wont come and check for updates until next league...

My gear and tree:
Last edited by noobdw on Oct 5, 2014, 6:28:55 AM
I also rip'd yesterday with this build at level 83. Got one shotted by the labyrinth boss without even getting close enough to take a look at it (usually it's the other way around with traps). I had gotten really strong and pretty much everything was getting absolutely destroyed. The build is really strong, if it doesn't get nerfed for the next set of leagues I might try it out again, given how cheap the core items are. I ran similar gear to OP but was about to upgrade to a 6L and get my CWDT + enduring cry set up.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info