1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Made Atziri twice today. I really like where this build has brought me. Feels good.

Atziri loot

Atziri kill gear

Next upgrade will be Drillneck.
Afterwards I'll save for Voll's Devotion.

Edit: Rearguard might be a great item for the budget-version.
I'll test it tomorrow.
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
Last edited by Patsn on Oct 7, 2014, 3:45:37 PM
Can you please let me know how it works? I am using a blackgleam now and would not like to buy myself one rear guard just to find out it's a minus :)
Rearguard is a great quiver for the levels where you don't have your IS 5linked.
It becomes less awesome once you actually can leech a ton of life via VP.

The progression I'd consider for a starter on this build, quiverwise, would be:

Rearguard -> Critquiver -> Drillneck.
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
Hey guys,

Can I try this build w/o The Chin Sol? Currently I just have a 6S6L Lioneye's bow so I need to know if it is possible to try this build with it?

you can try it, but I suppose total output will be lower, regardless of tooltips. Chin Sol has good damage now, and the bonus applied to traps as well as close-range combat is significant. I can give it a go with my Lioneye and let you know how it feels.
"
liquidSG wrote:
kompaniet your gear seems to be bad. And by that I mean your armour. You should focus on getting a decnet evasion 5link instead. Also, make up room for one or two Vaal Grace gems with Increased Duration if you're having problems right now.

My chest has more evasion than belly of the beast which is recommended. Will it get better later? I'm so squishy now.. How come i'm the only one feeling squishy? I can't figure it out.

Vaal grace is a good idea. Thx
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 9, 2014, 12:56:22 PM
I've been playing your build for some time now, lvl 83...I'll take my hat off for you, this is the best build I have ever tried and the most important thing, it's super fun! Thanks for taking time and making this awesome guide. WP!
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
liquidSG wrote:
kompaniet your gear seems to be bad. And by that I mean your armour. You should focus on getting a decnet evasion 5link instead. Also, make up room for one or two Vaal Grace gems with Increased Duration if you're having problems right now.

My chest has more evasion than belly of the beast which is recommended. Will it get better later? I'm so squishy now.. How come i'm the only one feeling squishy? I can't figure it out.

Believe me you're not the only one feeling squishy, like OP said, this is the glass cannon archetype. And it really is. I died alot earlier, but getting the hang on it for sure now!

Great build, both aesthetically and gameplay-vise, gonna try this on my shadow when the next passive tree reset comes :)
Been wanting to make a bow user for a long time but most of them look so boring and/or are really expensive!
"
Darcan wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
liquidSG wrote:

Believe me you're not the only one feeling squishy, like OP said, this is the glass cannon archetype. And it really is. I died alot earlier, but getting the hang on it for sure now!

I gained a couple of levels since my previous post and it's better now. Getting the hang on it here too it seems.

An idea:
Wouldn't it be possible to replace life leech gem with life gain on hit and therefore not need vaal pact anymore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info