fix your goddamn memory hog game

"
SL4Y3R wrote:

4k monitor is my next purchase. Just waiting for panel quality to improve. Too many manufacturers using TN.

If your looking at getting one still I would wait a little while, the newest 5k monitors are getting announced with a 27" one for ~2.5k at the end of this year with double the pixels of my 4k tv and likely they will make other larger more cost efficient ones soon enough. And 4k prices will freefall once 5k is out anyway.

Me? I had and still have no will power... likely will get a 5k early next year anyway... or a projector for either my backyard (drive in theater like screen) or basement wall.

But games like this are off limits for that as they will never run well, will have to find some brand new 64 bit games for stuff like that.
Last edited by Jiero on Sep 5, 2014, 2:38:06 PM
If you're referring to dells 5k display, it's tiled. AFAIK, no one is manufacturing 5k displays. Further, considering it has 2x as many pixels, one would need tri sli just to make a game playable, let alone hit a constant 60 fps. We haven't even talked about the vRAM required. Or the bandwidth for that matter lol
The tiled part actually is unknown still, it still is an assumption because currently no one is listed as producing the panels needed.. which could very well be because as a new product line it's under NDA still until they at least have the retail launch done. As far as vRam your going to be looking at least at a 4gb to make the game run decent at higher settings.. which a 2k titan has 6 gb of in gdd5 already.

Still, I want to see a game run on that.... just cause damn that would be awesome...

edit - my video transcoding server has a titan and that damn thing rocks btw, a 4k game is sitting under half its ram unless it has insane settings like the games that model each blade of grass

I just hope the thing has a acceptable refresh rate... even 5ms of delay can be noticeable at times and the tv I got has almost 20ms in ultra high def mode :/
Last edited by Jiero on Sep 20, 2014, 2:56:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info