Hall of Grandmasters: Development Update 1

It's more like pay to watch people get rekt, Idk how anyone couldn't be in love with this idea.
Grandmaster creator with most PKs gets lunch with Devs?

On a side note - it's a bit concerning that fights in hallways are pretty restrictive. Not sure it really does make space for anything other than silly CoDeath builds, or spamfill screen with 50 minions...

phys dmg OP at poe, so ek/beartrap may be really strong for PK
if no resist penetration ofc
Is this a drop only map or is this something that will be regular content?

(just curious. not complaining.)
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
elvy wrote:

...what are you talking about? This is content freely accessible to anyone who gets the map. It's the same as player designed (for 1k $) uniques, everyone else benefits because the unique drops for everyone - and whoever created it doesn't get a free copy or something.

I have misunderstood. My bad ... I thought that this would be an exclusive some-kind-of dungeon for the grandmaster supporters.
"
txfirefighter wrote:
Is this a drop only map or is this something that will be regular content?

(just curious. not complaining.)

Drop only unique map same as the other unique ones. It sounds like it will be a fairly common drop, so maybe on the same tier as Cowards Trial.

The 'tiering' is going to be inside the map as to which corridor you wish to start with. I suspect they are going to be tagged with a 'reward ranking'. Ie. 1 unique on this corridor. 20 rare items on this corridor etc. Corridor difficulty will depend on the reward available at the end of it.

Once you finish one corridor you will be free to try another one.

The biggest challenge is going to be to try finish them all.

As to the balance. I'm sure GGG will put a system in place where characters submitted for the map will have to comply with certain balance dictations. I fairly doubt that they will allow one shot trap pvp builds etc to make it into the map, or troll builds with no damage but 20% leach and max block / regen etc. They will insist that all characters are in fact killable within a reasonable time frame and not end up as a 'superboss'

As with the balancing on player made unique items, They will probably have a team that deals with player made grandmaster submissions.

...and I jizzed. in. my pants.

Can't wait for all the RIPs when this comes out. It's gonna be a bloodbath.
Idea on how to spawn the characters:

Like any statue, each character has a socket he or she stands on with a little shield next/in front of it with name/build etc. If you pass a specified number of chars they will act like normal statues, leaving the socket and attacking the player.
wow looks amazing cant wait. This will be the new atziri run.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
what's the current number of people who have gotten the grandmaster supporter pack? would be cool to know how many exiles we're potentially looking at for the map

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info