The screen freeze when opening chests has to go!

Strong boxes freeze is the bigger problem. In that split second to full second the game stops to load, one could have hightailed out before getting ganged. 10-20 monsters each firing a shot at you while you sat back and relaxed, means insta-death.
Died with my second 64 level ranger. Both rangers died to the same BS - opening strong box.

I don't know is it really that big of a problem to rework strongboxes considering they were added to the game only 2 content patches ago... But it is really frustrating to play on beyond.

Btw beyond packs can freeze your computer too, especially if it spawns Unique Boss
I usually manage to get away, however
preloading is the best way out.

preload the box the moment it appears on the screen for
the first member of a party to see it (it loads for everyone)

the moment they apply orbs to the box it will preload every time,
players would even notice a small lag spike whenever they roll
a box. SO WHAT?!?

then they activate the box and its all preloaded.

good times had by all.
+1 , and the crashing too.

mousing over a box with "+1 rogue exile" open box , whole party crashes
yes, worse with parties all around.

computer hardware only a year old.

Base cause of most of these issues is really because this game's graphics are more buggy than hardware intensive, or really un-optimized and inefficient that it taxes hardware it shouldn't.

There is way better graphics in other games with no graphic lag so...
Last edited by oldirtybomber on Sep 28, 2014, 5:39:15 PM
"
roetetoet wrote:
Never have a problem and nothing freezes. Than again I do not run out of date cheap hardware and expect a game to cater me for not upgrading.

Shouting there needs to done something that I do not witness shows me you have technical problem or simple you do not have the iron to run poe in those conditions.

Post some specs might see a patern in it.....

Opening strongboxes freezes my game and I have no problems with other, much more taxing games.

Just another delusional GGG whiteknight here, nothing new.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
"
roetetoet wrote:
Never have a problem and nothing freezes. Than again I do not run out of date cheap hardware and expect a game to cater me for not upgrading.

This.
Git R Dun!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Your suggestion basically penalizes people who have invested in SSDs to solve this "problem" themselves.

That's like buying a PS4 to play crash bandicoot 1
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:
"
roetetoet wrote:

Shouting there needs to done something that I do not witness shows me you have technical problem or simple you do not have the iron to run poe in those conditions.

Post some specs might see a patern in it.....

Q6600 @ 3ghz
560ti
4 gb ddr2 900
7200 RPM hdd

Thats like 5 years old man and no SSD

My computer is old and have ZERO freezebox issues. Also maps load in 1 sec or less.

i7 2600K @ 5Ghz (pretty old still but overclocked)
GTX 680
16GB ram
Samsung HP 850 PRO SSD 256GB (my newest part just bought it this spring)

Now if i could only fix my internet. 100 pings sucks. Desync also sucks even with halfway decent hardware like i have. But strong boxes are your fault for not upgrading.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 28, 2014, 6:47:15 PM
I've never had a game require SSDs, why should a free game with average graphics/mechanics be any different? It certainly isn't the first game in the world to load assets on the fly.
I can run skyrim on medium-high but on poe I have to hack the .ini and make it look like a ps1 game

TOTALLY THE PC FAULT
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info