1.3 LL BM Summoner - Atziri viable on a budget (142k - 282k Single dps - 4link only - MF viable)

"
dr460nf1r3 wrote:
Soooo my Char just hit lvl45. Got both BM and the following node and im able to run up to 6 auras at once already D:

I only hope that my shield (like 650) isnt too small to take bigger hits.. Apart from that, its going great, i switched from stormcall to the zombies a while ago and its quite nice to see how they kill almost everything :D
Just a thing, im using the Secutor unique atm, any idea when i should drop it for a +2 helmet?

+2 helmet is pretty expensive to get a good one, so as stated, get it when you start maps. you really wont need one urgently anyways. The switch to BM is pretty early, especially with just 650 ES, just make sure not to pick up necromantic aegis until you get around 4k es with the shield, because else you will not go well in maps :P

"
+2minion helm is lvl65 requirement anyway, but is noticable

for the author, did you try out zealots oath?

really like the build :-)

Zealoth's oath has been considered, but considering that in no regen maps i really really feel uncomfortable having to pot all the time to cast, means id rather have the life regen on my life. You dont really need constant regen, as you can see in my gameplay, most of the times its not disturbing to have to back down a bit since i can redirect with my default attack anyways (which doesnt cost me anything, meaning i will start recovering ES after a couple seconds anyways. Picking up Zealoths oath should only be considered when you dont use your life pool to cast spells.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Now im lvl 69 finally. Managed to kill Dominus really really easily. I find the evangelist more useful now because I can teleport them near me and this gives me more survivalability. I find my energy shield recharge starting time pain in the arse slow. So far so good for the others.

I see reason for using the Midnight especially at this level, because I lose 5 zombie + 1 spectre while using the Grasp which is alot. After I get a +1 zombie node this will be a lot better. I like both weapon idea.

What do you think about the Burning Miscreation as a spectre? I was playing before 1.0 and it was good back then.
"
terawatt wrote:
Now im lvl 69 finally. Managed to kill Dominus really really easily. I find the evangelist more useful now because I can teleport them near me and this gives me more survivalability. I find my energy shield recharge starting time pain in the arse slow. So far so good for the others.

I see reason for using the Midnight especially at this level, because I lose 5 zombie + 1 spectre while using the Grasp which is alot. After I get a +1 zombie node this will be a lot better. I like both weapon idea.

What do you think about the Burning Miscreation as a spectre? I was playing before 1.0 and it was good back then.

IMO Burning Miscreations are still good, but their AoE dmg is very specialized based on the gems that are supporting them, and I think with this build, the evanglists, like you stated, play a survivability role as well, definitely during the bosses leading up to Atziri. They are viable, but I don't think recommended to use in place of the evangelists on this build.
Just got back in after the patch and found it completely wrecked my EB+Aura+Curse build. Been trying to salvage it with the respec, and I love what I see so far in this! I was wondering if there was a way to shoehorn curses into it. I realize it may not be totally optimal, but is it workable? Or would the build totally collapse in some way I do not foresee?
"
Just got back in after the patch and found it completely wrecked my EB+Aura+Curse build. Been trying to salvage it with the respec, and I love what I see so far in this! I was wondering if there was a way to shoehorn curses into it. I realize it may not be totally optimal, but is it workable? Or would the build totally collapse in some way I do not foresee?

As far as I can tell, it wouldn't really be too bad. I'd just get an unset ring (or two if you have one with a vaal skill in it already) and place it if you can keep your resists maxed. You're doing so much DPS end-game though, I don't see the over-kill really necessary, especially with Flesh Offering acting as an effective "curse" (buff to your zombies/evangelists), but it is definitely viable.

Edit: Also perfectly fine if you have a 5/6S chest piece and you are only using 4 of the sockets.
Last edited by xemath on Sep 9, 2014, 5:10:12 PM
"
xemath wrote:

Edit: Also perfectly fine if you have a 5/6S chest piece and you are only using 4 of the sockets.

That is what Im doing. managed to make a 4l-2l Solaris and atm the +2 has vaal skeleton and increased duration linked (last one is just a placeholder atm, thinking about giving them multistrike, yeah that sounds really good )
"
xemath wrote:

As far as I can tell, it wouldn't really be too bad. I'd just get an unset ring (or two if you have one with a vaal skill in it already) and place it if you can keep your resists maxed. You're doing so much DPS end-game though, I don't see the over-kill really necessary, especially with Flesh Offering acting as an effective "curse" (buff to your zombies/evangelists), but it is definitely viable.

Ok, so to get the most out of that, I should aim for defensive curses. Temporal Chains and Enfeeblement?
"
"
xemath wrote:

Ok, so to get the most out of that, I should aim for defensive curses. Temporal Chains and Enfeeblement?

If anything, yes. On the harder bosses (74~ maps, Apex of Sacrifice), if you can't sustain yourself well yet, while I wouldn't recommend apex if you arent solid (level 20 gems, etc.) they could help, potentially.
"
"
xemath wrote:

On the curses. Personally i had enfeeble in there somewhere, but found myself really not using it. I dont need it even for tri-boss. I like using vaal skills a bit more, since they commonly give a way larger boost in either defense or power than a curse. Its more the path the build went on (auramancer vs Curser and ES based vs Life EB based) which makes it more reasonable not to even try to curse. a secondary not mentioned reason is the Es delayed recharge, i dont like having to cast something and not being able to recharge my es.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:

On the curses. Personally i had enfeeble in there somewhere, but found myself really not using it. I dont need it even for tri-boss. I like using vaal skills a bit more, since they commonly give a way larger boost in either defense or power than a curse. Its more the path the build went on (auramancer vs Curser and ES based vs Life EB based) which makes it more reasonable not to even try to curse. a secondary not mentioned reason is the Es delayed recharge, i dont like having to cast something and not being able to recharge my es.

Have you tried vaal discipline? I really like the ES boost of it and the instant recharge which saved my life more than once. Its like a limited potion to Us. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info