1.3 LL BM Summoner - Atziri viable on a budget (142k - 282k Single dps - 4link only - MF viable)

"
gokulnath wrote:

hit lvl 75 with the help of my guild members
1.i have yet to take equilibrium passives.can u tell me why should v take it,instead we can use vulnerability curse since 60 dmg is from phy only
2.running grace hatred haste purity discipline vitality and 124 life unreserved ,3.2es
3anyhow cant able to find unset rings with 40dex and decent resists ,maybe i can use default attack to trigger EE.
4.playing 70s map no problem ,hoping that at lvl 80 i should start doing above 70s map.at what lvl u did higher maps?
5.all my currency went into buying the new es gloves and thanks to by guild mate who spent his own chromes to get me those colors(257 chromes used)for free!!.currenlty am washed out .cant aford to buy the unset ring

leveled all the 3 types of summoners
1.srs (balance)
2.weapon animator(nuke)
3.lowlife(tanky)
4.hybrid of phox.damn gears costly cant afford it

1. Even tho big part of your minions damage is physical, the vurn curse has to be applied either by manually cursing or curse on hit of which the latter isnt possible due to slots. This means that you have to spend a great amount of life to cast it and get a dmg buff. Arc is a lot lot cheaper and with EE, you reduce resistances which is eventually also a bigger dmg increase than the vurn increase on the mobs it matters for (the resistant ones)

3. Its a tough build to gear up. Im personally really good at finding good rings, maybe consider using a normal amulet until you get the levels on your purity, some more nodes on the tree and better gear. Default attack also cant trigger EE, because itll do cold dmg instead of lightning and you need lightning dmg to proc it so you dont increase cold res on the mobs but decrease

4. I started mapping at lvl 62 (66's) and did 72-74's from lvl 78 on (I usually do with most of my builds)

5. Well, I would always recommend trying to 3off your boots first. Only reason im using my gloves for the 3-off is because I always tend to 3-off color before i get 3-on color with the right off-color
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
First time summoner
I try this build in 1 week league twice. 1st character failed miserably at around level 30 due to poor planning. The 2nd character reached level 70 as a hybrid life es summoner. Well the blame is on me since i didn't plan properly and read through the post. Still i am having lots of fun with the build and learn quite a lot from the experience.

I am definitely going to try this build again when torment comes out. I have some questions as follow:

1) I really want to try the MF version of the build when new league starts. Leary you said that don't go MF if no currency to support it. Why is it? Is it because of the difficulty of gearing the build for MF?

2) A noob question, Why is the culling strike and item rarity link to raise spectre instead of arc?

3) I have trouble dealing with phy damage when leveling as witch esp in cruel and merciless. Are there good ways to deal with it apart from granite flask?

Last edited by MinaGing on Dec 2, 2014, 12:53:36 PM
"
MinaGing wrote:
First time summoner
I try this build in 1 week league twice. 1st character failed miserably at around level 30 due to poor planning. The 2nd character reached level 70 as a hybrid life es summoner. Well the blame is on me since i didn't plan properly and read through the post. Still i am having lots of fun with the build and learn quite a lot from the experience.

I am definitely going to try this build again when torment comes out. I have some questions as follow:

1) I really want to try the MF version of the build when new league starts. Leary you said that don't go MF if no currency to support it. Why is it? Is it because of the difficulty of gearing the build for MF?

2) A noob question, Why is the culling strike and item rarity link to raise spectre instead of arc?

3) I have trouble dealing with phy damage when leveling as witch esp in cruel and merciless. Are there good ways to deal with it apart from granite flask?

1) You cant mf without dying if you dont have decent ES gear, and you really need 1 andvarius at minimum to get a decent mf. Also, since you use wondertraps as ll you cant ditch midnight bargain for a ephemeral edge to get defensive

2) because of the scarcity of slots

3) you level as flameblast/storm call/tendrils, not as a summoner. Leveling is a summoner is fun but slow as hell and I wont give tips on it since I dissapprove. If you still have problems with dmg, use crest of perandus for a shield, mitigation shouldnt be used at low levels, rather just stack HP (thus life/es)
Any idea how much the 1.3 tree is going to change this build?

Going to do this build or Animate Weapon want to plan it out.
"
KCID117 wrote:
Any idea how much the 1.3 tree is going to change this build?

Going to do this build or Animate Weapon want to plan it out.

We lose a the node on the left with ES/armour, that kinda dissapeared on the 1.3 tree. Also, we waste 3 more points on the way to the aura node near BM. So you get 5 points that were on the Es/armour node, 3 are going to be used to get the skills back, and 2 you can put on the 6% ES node under witch start.
http://bit.ly/160YtBh

According to this, and if I didn't screw up. Since Mortal Conviction is lowered to 50 from 60% even 21 RM on all auras, we'll be at 0 life while using midnight bargain.

Since the site didn't update thier MC value yet, I just lowered our other RM from auras to 28% from 38%

So we can either drop an aura, or run with mon'tregul's.
Last edited by shrapner on Dec 8, 2014, 8:34:33 PM
The build will still be viable, tho a bit less for atziri, i guess but that was faceroll regardless. We'll probably drop grace, and instead have 1 more slot with which we can link arc to spell totem, for more consistent applyance of EE and yet another aggro target. We indeed lose the full body and soul wheel but we also wont pick op champion of the cause anympre, since. Its too far out of the way.

Instead, just get the es nodes on the scion wheel and the 2 towards body and soul. The 5% buff below body and soul isnt worth it anymore either. The rest of the points are open to be specced into ZO (in conjuction with flask usage to spam spells), AB to dual arc totem or more es nodes (for ex the hybrid ones above NA).

Myself Ill be running a different summoner, more on that later
I don't think just dropping grace is enough, purity of x also need to be dropped too.

Assume 1400 life, using midnight bargain, running 38% reduced mana, Haste&Hatre + generosity, discipline, vitality, purity of elements, only 140 life unreserved.

Dammit GGG, i was planning to play this. :(
"
MinaGing wrote:
I don't think just dropping grace is enough, purity of x also need to be dropped too.

Assume 1400 life, using midnight bargain, running 38% reduced mana, Haste&Hatre + generosity, discipline, vitality, purity of elements, only 140 life unreserved.

Dammit GGG, i was planning to play this. :(

just dropping grace should be enough. considering currently with 4 60% aura's and 2 40%'s I still have life left. considering this holds up to 320%, with the 60%, with 50% we should be able to run up to 260%, since this is about a 1/5 decrease of mana reservation, which is more than needed, since you only need a 1/6 decrease of mana reservation to counterbalance this change.

Of course, at some points I was running a purity on top, which now will be just slightly harder, but speccing into the hybrid life/es nodes it should not be impossible. I will obviously respec my summoner and test how plausible it will be, and post the new trees here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info