1.3 LL BM Summoner - Atziri viable on a budget (142k - 282k Single dps - 4link only - MF viable)

"
calze6 wrote:
I feel like blind is a waste of a link on raise zombie. It is really hard to blind a target due to its small % chance and it simply does not provide enough defences considering that it will do nothing to casters, I feel like added fire, or minion life would be a better option.

Blind is great combined with grace.

Your zombie with multistrike will proc it without a doubt.
If you don't like it keep it in your inventory and swap it with faster attack for example.

Blinding mobs like Cole and some rouge exiles make a huge difference.

minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
"
hypershatter wrote:
24% legacy sadimas or aurasize? and iiq gem over increased duration on spectres? should i cull with zombies instead spectres look so weak with mf gems

Legacy sadimas, iiq gem and spectres. Aoe in culling is important
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
After playing with this build for about a week or so with my RIPped summoner, I finally downed my first Atziri. Wasted my first set being stuck at the trio as I was too excited that I rushed in unprepared (MF gears, 67 spectres, no NA, gem swaps etc. etc).

Once I came in prepared, the twins and trios and went down without a problem. I had some weird sockets on my gears (lots of blues on my 5l lorica, and 2r2g es gloves), so I ended up using only vaal haste and disc on the trios as I couldnt find a way to fit in vaal grace. Atziri herself felt silly as I just ended up kamikaze-ing her several times as I had plenty of portals left. I'll definitely need to watch more vids to understand the mechanics better.

That said, as I have achieved my goal of downing her, I think I'll start working on making this build HC viable without a Shavs, even if it means losing the ability to do Atziri.

Below are my thoughts on my experience from playing this build so far :

- Indoor maps are a pain without Arcane Vision. I've certainly died multiple times from not being able to see whats happening around me. In HC I think the extra points might be worth it.

- I just don't think NA is viable in HC, not with LL build anyway. Yet without NA my zombies lack the tankiness to do the harder bosses. In my experience with other 3-4 auras summoner builds, Monty + double defensive curses will usually allow me to just barely push through crema/academy bosses. I'll see how Monty works with the extra auras/no curse.

- Without Midnight Bargain, I should be able to drop Charisma and still be left with way too much unused life. Will have to experiment and see how many auras I can fit in to maximize the number of auras. Might even consider self-casting a single defensive curse.

-Hopefully I'll have enough sockets leftover to fit in a CWDT setup. Most of my deaths come surprisingly not from bosses, but from leapers/devourers/tentacles.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Again, thanks for the great guide.
Last edited by Kottbullar on Nov 25, 2014, 8:35:04 AM
My 2cents:

"
Kottbullar wrote:
- Indoor maps are a pain without Arcane Vision. I've certainly died multiple times from not being able to see whats happening around me. In HC I think the extra points might be worth it.

I picked it. It's like playing another game =)

"
Kottbullar wrote:
- Without Midnight Bargain, I should be able to drop Charisma and still be left with way too much unused life. Will have to experiment and see how many auras I can fit in to maximize the number of auras. Might even consider self-casting a single defensive curse.

I'm using ephemeral edge atm and I will swap to Mon'tregul's Grasp when I will have enought ES. I dropped charisma, this allow me to run 8 auras (Hatred, Haste, Grace, 3 Purities, Vitality, Discipline). I'm not able to rise zombies without get off an aura (during combat)!

"
Kottbullar wrote:
-Hopefully I'll have enough sockets leftover to fit in a CWDT setup. Most of my deaths come surprisingly not from bosses, but from leapers/devourers/tentacles.

This is the most issue to run more auras. You will not have enought sockets! I'm actually using arc + convocation + flash off. + vaal haste (+ inc. dur.) and I have just 1 socket available (ring). To add a CWDT (3 sockets) you probably need to drop vaal haste
Last edited by Gegemo on Nov 26, 2014, 4:17:36 AM
"
leary93 wrote:
"
hypershatter wrote:
24% legacy sadimas or aurasize? and iiq gem over increased duration on spectres? should i cull with zombies instead spectres look so weak with mf gems

Legacy sadimas, iiq gem and spectres. Aoe in culling is important

i tried spectres culling. very slow without spell echo and damage gem. misses alot compared to zombies
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
Any idea if this is a decent choice for the 1 week race? I'm torn between cookie cutter flameblast and something more fun like this. The amount of gems and travel points required for a summoner seems like it could be a pain in the ass for a 1 week though. Anyone going with a build like this for the 1wk?
20 degrees outside but toasty in the tunnel
Last edited by ishville on Nov 27, 2014, 7:16:17 PM
"
ishville wrote:
Any idea if this is a decent choice for the 1 week race? I'm torn between cookie cutter flameblast and something more fun like this. The amount of gems and travel points required for a summoner seems like it could be a pain in the ass for a 1 week though. Anyone going with a build like this for the 1wk?

no i am going back to my dual flame totem for the race. just trying to get to 70 for the prize draw
IGN: hyperculler (torment)

these are my current gears

1.blind gem is awesome with grace aura so dont underestimate it
2.am at currenlty aay 68 at2k es (cant remove my gloves since am dying of resists/life)
auras:hatred,haste,grace,vitality,discipline
3 cant run purity since waiting to take charisma and with these auras am up at unreserved life is at 170
4.currently dying every three maps(hate those fking leapers/rhoas/devror).hoping this solves when i hit 75 lvl .capping resists so hard since have to equip dex mods gears.without arcane vision mapping is so hard.did the mne map it was like almost blind.i am thinking of getting arcane vision but sad have to spend 3extra points to get dex node near it to compensate the loss
"
gokulnath wrote:

these are my current gears

1.blind gem is awesome with grace aura so dont underestimate it
2.am at currenlty aay 68 at2k es (cant remove my gloves since am dying of resists/life)
auras:hatred,haste,grace,vitality,discipline
3 cant run purity since waiting to take charisma and with these auras am up at unreserved life is at 170
4.currently dying every three maps(hate those fking leapers/rhoas/devror).hoping this solves when i hit 75 lvl .capping resists so hard since have to equip dex mods gears.without arcane vision mapping is so hard.did the mne map it was like almost blind.i am thinking of getting arcane vision but sad have to spend 3extra points to get dex node near it to compensate the loss

you should try to swap some gear around since your gloves and jewellery is geared towards life based builds.

@ishville

I can recommend summoners for races, but im not fond of the LL BM stuff in general for normal mapping over something like hybrid/life based since this is more geared towards killing atziri and other summoner builds may be more fun to play on a low low budget basis
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ

hit lvl 75 with the help of my guild members
1.i have yet to take equilibrium passives.can u tell me why should v take it,instead we can use vulnerability curse since 60 dmg is from phy only
2.running grace hatred haste purity discipline vitality and 124 life unreserved ,3.2es
3anyhow cant able to find unset rings with 40dex and decent resists ,maybe i can use default attack to trigger EE.
4.playing 70s map no problem ,hoping that at lvl 80 i should start doing above 70s map.at what lvl u did higher maps?
5.all my currency went into buying the new es gloves and thanks to by guild mate who spent his own chromes to get me those colors(257 chromes used)for free!!.currenlty am washed out .cant aford to buy the unset ring

leveled all the 3 types of summoners
1.srs (balance)
2.weapon animator(nuke)
3.lowlife(tanky)
4.hybrid of phox.damn gears costly cant afford it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info