What really Grinds your Gears about PoE?

Desync, by a large margin, and design issues, such as running 25 maps without encountering Zana even once. Or rather, having Chris making statements that turn out to be "overly optimistic" (masters not a major grind, not a problem if you miss a daily since you can "just" do one in the wild, etc) or that are then never mentioned again (overhauled trading system, private leagues, PvP ladder, cutthroat league, etc). I understand not having resources or problems surfacing, but the quietness is the issue.

Meanwhile, we get pets for the hideout.
"
JoOnky wrote:
that im 26 euro cent short of my new supporterpack cause the € is less worth than 5 days ago Q_Q
fuck murica :(

Paysafecards before you couldnt combine them anymore come to mind when i read this. :/

Now only having the money is the issue and GGG giving us char slot bundles.

Another thing that really grinds my gears

Rampage and Beyond.

Rampage, except the new economy, I don't see anything new.
Beyond, except the new economy and some annoying repetitive looking monsters, I don't see anything new.

Masters are ok, and it might be just me, but, I enjoy much better finding a strongbox than a master.
[except Zana]

"
Mivo wrote:
Desync, by a large margin, and design issues, such as running 25 maps without encountering Zana even once. Or rather, having Chris making statements that turn out to be "overly optimistic" (masters not a major grind, not a problem if you miss a daily since you can "just" do one in the wild, etc) or that are then never mentioned again (overhauled trading system, private leagues, PvP ladder, cutthroat league, etc). I understand not having resources or problems surfacing, but the quietness is the issue.

Meanwhile, we get pets for the hideout.

+1
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
cryptc wrote:
I see what you did there...

As for myself, I think what annoys me most currently is the watering down of uniqueness with monster spawns being more varied everywhere... instead of making for more unique experience it just turns everywhere more bland... if every place is varied, then every place is the same, which makes them not varied at all...

This.

I like some of the open spawning but I loved that certain areas had certain monsters.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
What really grinds my gears about PoE? Other than people whinging on the forums about it, not much :D
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I don't like that every new feature puts solo players further and further behind the pack. For all its flaws (stripped down complexity on everything, basically), that's one of the things that I like about D3. Viable (hell, nowadays basically mandatory) solo play.

I don't like wading into trade chat, global masters share, etc. But the game's rate of progression is stacked so literally everything is faster that way.

It would be nice if master reputation gains were tailored to how many are in the party. More total reputation given out in groups, of course, but not a strict "all that potential extra reputation is just plain gone unless you share them." The system at present just plain requires that you go into groups.
"
cryptc wrote:

As for myself, I think what annoys me most currently is the watering down of uniqueness with monster spawns being more varied everywhere... instead of making for more unique experience it just turns everywhere more bland... if every place is varied, then every place is the same, which makes them not varied at all...

I agree with this :(

I'm also a little in two minds about the addition of some of the unique bosses to different areas. That Revenant thing in Docks is annoying, as is that Chaos damage leaping bastard in the sewers.

Still having fun though, even with my woefully underpowered Ele Buzzsaw.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
cryptc wrote:

I agree with this :(

I'm also a little in two minds about the addition of some of the unique bosses to different areas. That Revenant thing in Docks is annoying, as is that Chaos damage leaping bastard in the sewers.

Still having fun though, even with my woefully underpowered Ele Buzzsaw.

I was actually glad they added a few more unique bosses. Especially in Docks where farming was so popular.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
The main thing that griped my gears ever since I learned more about the game is how you are forced to farm Piety and Dominus to see any good results. (if any from them, but that's not the issue)

Other areas have bosses that get close to zero bonuse in IIQ/IIR, regardless of relative difficulty (have you seen the new climb unique goat? he is a nightmare)

I'm a person who enjoys the librady set up. I just love it, I love farming in it. But I will never get anything valuable out of it.

Piety is obviously a harder boss, but the disparity in loot is ridiculous. Not to mention that eventually you reach a point where all of those bosses are equally easy to kill within a few seconds.

And devourers, fuck devourers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info