What really Grinds your Gears about PoE?

I would really like it if the "client" that is your interface to the server, would not by itself be so limited...

Make a x64 version of this game already. Or come up with some way to protect players from those insane "fps-drop-because-content-was-not-loaded" problems. PoE seems incapable of using more than 2.4GB of my Ram and while loading from a SSD and I'm on fiber close to a server (normally 15ms ping) with ample CPU / GPU power, there are times when the client just seizes to respond because it is loading something.
(Intel i5 3570K with 32GB 1600mhz ram and a GTX760 2GB, game and OS on recent Samsung / Intel SSDs)

The current trading system also really grinds my gears. People entering trades into chat is fine, but how about not having to do that over and over again till someone wispers you? How about a "sell this for this price" tab or window? Or an ingame option to search for gear entered in the chat? My main gripe is that people that sacrifice playtime ingame to flip and sell off stuff end up reaching the endgame a lot faster than players that just PLAY the game and occasionally turn to trade channels to sell and buy some stuff. I'm done with going through the "Administration subgame" of getting 3rd party indexers to get a forum shop running.

Please keep an eye on RNG outliers. It is fine to randomise stuff like the map, monsters, drops etc, but LIMIT THAT STUFF ALREADY. And by that I mean: Try to prevent people needing 2200+ Fuses for a 6L. Don't have the same low level unique drop 6 times for a player. Or in my case, not encountering Zana the cartographer for 60 maps straight...
The only thing that is pissing me off now is the constant crashing due to memory loss even though i have a fairly decent PC...
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 2, 2014, 8:22:39 AM
1. Desync

2. RNG gating of content that has no business being gated by nothing but difficulty and time.

3. Out of control damage on both player and monster sides as well as crit/crit multi being king, just like in D3.

4. Poor netcode and bad load times on just the regular game start-up and with strongboxes.

5. Forsaken Masters being overall a great idea, but far too much of an unneeded grind that punishes solo players...much like a lot of things in this game punish solo play.

6. The game crashing a lot more than it ever has before.
Besides the usual (desync, shit balance, etc), them saying last march a new trade system was in the pipes, and over a year later, they have no details and nothing to show. Also, it's been even longer since an act was released, and they keep coming up with systems to recycle content, rather than add new content. At least SotV had a neat little red filter on recycled content.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Stability and performance.

I actually expected things to stay the same or get marginally better, not worse. Getting a ninja pc is not a solution. It's as a good a fix as any other complained about "fix" in this game that some players considered problems that other players have directly ignored because "that's how the game is". That's the mentality I've been wilfully ignoring. I can't ignore the game crashing.
Another thing that really grinds my gears

Being forced to level up with a certain skill just to use another skill in the end
It's annoying either playing yourself either watching a streamer.

Flameblasting[or any other lvling skill] till level 50+ then using the desired skill for the desired build.

The so called "build diversity" doesn't exist, even if you try to be unique you really can't, and stupid RNGesus style builds doesn't count, infact RNGesus style builds are the proof that if you try to be unique you will have a hard time enjoying the game later on, because obviously you will be way underpowered even if you have fun in the low levels.

The Passive only and the current skills and how they work, won't really do, there has to be something that will make players to enjoy the game better and be much more unique.

I caused a memory leak , with 2 players. on a zana daily . that was kind of tragic really.

GGG needs to be more carful about introducing memory intensive builds.

like CoC , and uber buffed quadruple SRS specters with echo faster casting haste flesh offering and zombies and summon skeles on a totem.

i mean DAYMN
"
Tanakeah wrote:
1. Desync

2. RNG gating of content that has no business being gated by nothing but difficulty and time.

3. Out of control damage on both player and monster sides as well as crit/crit multi being king, just like in D3.

4. Poor netcode and bad load times on just the regular game start-up and with strongboxes.

5. Forsaken Masters being overall a great idea, but far too much of an unneeded grind that punishes solo players...much like a lot of things in this game punish solo play.

6. The game crashing a lot more than it ever has before.

Simple and so true, specially number 5 !!!
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
The fact that I lost 3 high level Beyond characters to screen freezes that I couldnt even panic log out of. Gotta say, that Skeleton summoning Exile still does work.

The fact that the masters cripple people who play the game by themselves isnt something I really support either. If you ever want to make it to level 8 in a 3month league youre basically forced to join global chats and let people invite you to groups.

The lack of interesting spells is another thing. It has been a long time since they implemented something really interesting, at least in my book. Ball Lightning looks interesting on paper but at the end of the day just builds up on common mechanics and generally is a pretty rough snoozefest unless you run CoC GMP with it.

Let alone that 2H weapons still dont serve a purpose in a Hardcore environment. Dropping a shield to get a second 6 Link (which often is pointless) and a tiny bit of damage? Totally not worth it apart from some minor cases that are hard to make out even if you try to come up with something. Most people just run them because something like Kaoms somewhat forces you to. But apart from that its pretty hard to come up with a logical explanation of what the point of them is. Staves at least are borderline useful due to a potential +3 gem roll, especially for SRS builds. Not so much with attack based builds. Why use a 2H sword when I can just run a faster weapon? The mobs will end up being two shot anyway.
Last edited by nynyny on Sep 2, 2014, 5:27:04 PM
"
Gruentod wrote:
What grinds my gears about PoE?

It's that, all too often, it feels like I enjoy the game in spite of the developers, rather than because of them.

Oh, and I detest rogue exiles. To me, they feel like nothing less than griefing by the developers.

Yes... everything you said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info