What really Grinds your Gears about PoE?

FIRST and, besides capslock honestly getting stuck for that first word, meaning I somehow missed shift, foremost:
This is the best ARPG I've played since Diablo 2 + Lord of Destruction -- and I've played all (western) ARPGs.

a) Replayability: Playing character #8 in four weeks, the acts are starting to feel repetetive.
Specifically act 2 and 3.
I'd love to see a couple of quests moved around to sidequests, or more sidequests with meaningful rewards, taking away some linearity.
Of course, more acts will come, and I'm looking forward to those

b) Skill gems: Playing on my 8th character, 5th in league, I've got 50+ unused skill gems lying around in a tab, in league, because very, very few skills are useful for individual characters, because of elemental specialization.
Most my characters gravitate towards a single damage source plus physical because nodes favor specialization heavily;
15 points into lightning and 15 points into cold < 25 points into cold nodes.
Archer ranger: Pure physical and crits
Summoner scion: Pure physical plus fire and physical and fire curses, wanted to do melee -- but spells were too effective in comparison after getting the necessary minion nodes.
Spellcaster witch: Pure cold, with a splash of physical
Melee duelist: Currently purely physical, and deals so much damage dual-wielding that I ignore most mobs and just speed towards the bosses and high level areas for faster level progression.
(Other characters are dumped test versions.)

c) EXTREMELY few enemies seem to have any meaningful amount of armor -- and if they do, it's not displayed, which cheapens the experience because you can't know why your attacks don't deal much damage.
I'd love to see feedback on damage types:
35% damage mitigated: Mitigated!
50% damage mitigated: Resisted!
75% damage mitigated: Ineffective!
35%+ damage added: Intensified!

d) Very few enemies are worth killing if they're big and bulky, and if they are - they seldom pose a threat, or are killed easily.
I feel like the game is too much about killing 50 small critters, and that there are too few heavily armored / single targets that actually pose a threat, outside bosses.
I'd love to see SOME areas in act 2 be replaced by GIANT golems, and have few non-massive creatures in them, to change the pace between "50 small creatures every 10 seconds" to 1 huge enemy every 10 seconds.
... sure, I loved the pace change from act 1 to act 2, with the addition of the swarming insects and apes -- going from 5-10 enemies per fight to 10-20 -- but 1-3 enemy "packs" are severely lacking.

e) Character outfits:
Scion never heals that wound on her thigh, nor repairs her outfit. Not even after having spent 100 days at her new home, sometimes with days in town between quests.
"
_wuv_ wrote:
the fact that people make laundry lists of flaws they see all the time but keep playing and complaining

So.
Everything is awesome?

Damn team player XD
Last edited by Red_Frostraven on Sep 5, 2014, 3:29:15 PM
This is a great post. All complaints in one thread. Problem is - GGG knows them ALL and choose to leave the game as is.

I will add one more complaint and it seems no one has noticed. They took away the increased odds of making 3 and 4 links to force players to use master crafting.

GGG believes the extra server for the asian market will solve all their player retention and monetary problems. If true , LoL , this game will change in ways that 90% of the current player base will be replaced.
This is an amazing game, but its just horribly optimized. GGG should stop adding anything new until they polish the old stuff first.
-Many players complain about performance issues, so adding an option to reduce/turn off particles would be nice.
-UI is very clunky and takes huge parts of the screen.
-Trading is just a horrible mess. We need some better trading system.
-MAIL WE NEED MAIL! Also adding POD (pay on delivery) system to mail would fix some trading issues.
Getting tired of having all the new stuff too difficult/gated/time-consuming to enjoy.
This may be odd by it grinds my gears that we have evasion and dodge, but to evade is to dodge! Another thing is why is dual wield parry called a block?! To block while dual wielding has always been a parry, in most games just blocking with a sword period is called a parry!

Another thing that really grinds my gears is the way armor functions, never seen armor function in such a way in any other game! And ive played a lot of games, when you need protection the most you might as well be naked! But it protects you well from little hits, just unreal!

Needless to say ive noticed there are a lot of things that just don't make any sense at all in this game! lol
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Sep 6, 2014, 4:36:49 PM
Another thing that really grinds my gears

GGG promise us every mini expansion that they are doing something great an awesome and their team enjoys whatever they made and we players will enjoy it too, so they start the hype and then surprise: Disappointment.

I wish somehow they could cut the crap and start posting whatever they have in mind for the next leagues and expansions, so we could work out things instead getting really diappointed in the end.

Anyhow that ain't gonna happen, they need players, they need to hype the players, even if most of them will be diappointed in the end.
Last edited by Hurlok on Sep 7, 2014, 1:55:07 PM
desync
Bump to grind the gears

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info