Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Strongbox one shots

Be the Batman, you have all the preparation time in the world for boxes, I still have to see a box that could not be taken care of with preparation.
Going town to get a swap is much better than risking it and RIPing cause you dont wanna take your time.
Every build should have a movement skill as well.
Oblivious
"
Pivovar wrote:
Why aren't you using smoke mine, i mean sure it's not a movement skill like lightning warp and it takes an extra slot, but i think it's the best skill when it comes to boxes.

Place the mine where ever you want, it has a long range. Trigger the box, immediately after use a anti-freeze pot, if you're frozen, and press D or what ever you have the detonate mine key bound to and you're safe. You do have to be in line of sight of where you placed the mine otherwise you could be in big trouble.

what part of "one shot" don't you understand. 5k life, 85% cold res, I don't have a chance to push that button, I'm already dead.

I think strongboxes should come with a 1 second fuse. Desync is dangerous enough already, I don't see a reason to make it one shot players without at least a chance to escape.
def overtuned, i once have seen my entire team get fucked by ice nova in rampage xD
I was on the early stages of maps in Beyond and ran into a Ice Nova right after I saw Pohx die.

I pre-popped my Sapphire flask and lightning warped away with 4,500 HP and overmaxed resists.

Of course, though, the Lightning Warp didn't go off and I got hit for about 4479 damage.

I somehow still lived, but for it to do that much with overmaxed resists.... =(
Smoke mine is your friend, there is a fairly large delay before the ice nova goes off.

That said, the amount of damage that Ice Nova does in comparison to other spells cast from strongboxes is pretty absurd.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Sep 2, 2014, 4:14:04 PM
If people were not complaining about being one shot by the ice nova, they would be complaining it left them with 20% life and easy pickings for the rare mobs that spawned.

Keep ice nova deadly. Don't get hit by it, don't open it, reroll it, or use a sapphire flask.
How? I open a strong box and immediately run away and never get hit by any triggers. Why does one just stand there and take it?
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
txfirefighter wrote:
How? I open a strong box and immediately run away and never get hit by any triggers. Why does one just stand there and take it?

Desync makes it so that you think you've run off, but really, you've already been killed and your corpse shat on by 3 waves of monsters and a rogue exile.
"
Barivius wrote:
If people were not complaining about being one shot by the ice nova, they would be complaining it left them with 20% life and easy pickings for the rare mobs that spawned.

Bullshit. There's plenty of stuff in the game that kicks your ass, and we don't see constant complaints about them. What we do see complaints about is a strongbox mod that reads "Everyone within a 75 radius instantly dies."

That's not balanced. That's just a shit pk mod.
"
Taganov wrote:
"
txfirefighter wrote:

Desync makes it so that you think you've run off, but really, you've already been killed and your corpse shat on by 3 waves of monsters and a rogue exile.

Maybe that happens to you.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info