Strongbox one shots

So after watching a couple different streamers get one shot by, apparently, Ice Nova strong boxes, I have to ask... do strong boxes crit? Both Pohx and Zeno got one shot, the Zeno rip I could understand, but Pohx was completely out of range of the box so it was curious.

Anyone else get one shot by these?
Yep got one shotted by an Ice nova box the other day, not even remotely funny..
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
It's incredibly stupid that strong boxes can one shot you. I understand them damaging you to make the ensuing fight more difficult. What's difficult about an instant kill, though? A one shot mechanic with ridiculous range is especially bad.

At this point it's clearly established that Ice Nova one shots are a feature. Why, though? How is the game improved by killing players like this?
Good question. Especially since you can't do anything about it. Boxes will immediately cast IN - unlike DD, which happens after a while so you can avoid it.
I liked the mechanic in Diablo (I). Traps would take a percentage of your life (sometimes 80 or so) - this way they approximately equally dangerous for all characters.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Yeah, I popped a cold res flask, had around 4k hp, 86% cold res, got dropped to around 30 hp from the detonation.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
Ice nova rekt me lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
karaknic wrote:
Yep got one shotted by an Ice nova box the other day, not even remotely funny..

You see me amused though
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
same here, got 1shot in a lv 70 map by Ice Nova Strongbox (no damage mod on the map), and that on a level 90 character with 5150 life and 75% cold res. These are definitely overtuned.
What does the box have ice nova linked with to get 20k non-crit? I want 20k per cast ice nova.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info