The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
qwertazx wrote:
why not drillneck

Afaik drillneck doesn't get extra damage from Tornado Shots 100% pierce, and getting extra pierce isnt efficient and doesn't help tornado shot.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Drillneck is a huge dps boost for tornado shot.
I put points into heavy draw and deadly draw. I heard some people said they're not worth investing points into, is that right?
My opinion on Drillneck is this: it's worth using, it's up to you if you do though. If you're going to then the best way about it is to wear the Drillneck and get the pierce passive. I don't think you gain enough benefit from a pierce gem in your gear compared to the damage you'll lose from a crucial gem slot.

That said, if you already have a pretty good quiver (mine gives plenty of good stuff and 2% mana leech which saves 3 passives) then it's probably not worth getting a Drillneck. It's not that much better or large enough of a difference imo. It probably will be a dps increase but has its pros and cons.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
In which order of importance would you add quality to the gems?
Both Tornado Shot and Puncture don't seem that much of a huge upgrade to warrant the cost.
At least when you compare it to things some other spells get from quality, like Flameblast.
"
Machtkatze wrote:
In which order of importance would you add quality to the gems?
Both Tornado Shot and Puncture don't seem that much of a huge upgrade to warrant the cost.
At least when you compare it to things some other spells get from quality, like Flameblast.

Yea it's a tough call. I upgraded my GMP and Crit damage. The rest I'll probably do sometime soon when I start mapping again. Didn't want to upgrade and have to relevel them just yet.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Great build! Can you pls. post the passive tree link? The one it's linked doesn't seem to work :(
I've just luckily alc a ilvl 73 Harbinger Bow. Result :

Yay!
Ice Shot + pierce(with nodes for pierce) + proj dmg + elem prolif and for 5L wep elem dmg AND "The Tree Dragons" is just amazing. shock + amazing ignite destroying everything in room! Tree Dragons is so cheap, I recommend trying.
IGN: DeepStrike
Great build.

Leveling was fun and easy, gearing early on was fairly cheap and most if not all map mods are doable for the build. Only reason I die sometimes is because I stupidly shoot at a large pack of reflect mobs

Current Gear some pieces could still be upgraded:

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info