Masters remove crafted mod

Each level needs a reward. Currently level 5 is pretty vacant. Level 6 gives you access to an extra mast in your hideout. I'd go with 5.
Just adding my voice here, too. I feel that the mod removal option should be a default feature of each master, and thus become available as soon as the master can be invited.
Seems like everyone is narrowminded.

- removing and replacing mods is a big currency sink and another layer of rng

example: guy wants 15% attack speed on his weapon
now: he rolls 12%
then: he rolls 12%, removes, rolls 14%, removes, rolls 11% removes, rolls 12% removes, rolls 13%, removes, rolls 12%, removes, rolls 13%, removes, rolls 11%, removes, rolls 14%, keeps, comes to forums and creates thread about layers upon layer of rng and how much the game sucks.

From the game designers perspective it is very reasonable to make this available late in order to prevent people from having frustrating events as shown in the little example above (and we all know from using chromatics/fusings/jewellers that it can get way worse than that).

Anyway the relevance is little for low to mid tier items. If your one hand sword got 232 dps or 238 dps wont make a difference. It gets more relevant for high tier items tho.

Removing mods is overrated. As some people have stated, in the course of process you will anyway replace old items with new items: you buy a 280 dps sword instead of that 232-238 dps sword.

Therefore this seems to be a bit stupid to me. None of you wants to waste 40 chaos/alch/whatever on a 10-80 chaos item in order to try to get 2-3% increase on average and noone wants to fail doing so while relying on rng. If you wanna max out your high tier item, you can either as well wait until you got it 8 or pay the guys who made it to level 8 within a week of 24/7 master grinding.

There is really no issue with having this only available with level 8 at all. Just a bunch of ppl believe that it would make their life in PoE better. The opposite would be happening on average instead.

On the other hand I agree that leveling masters to 8 can be a life time task which is the total opposite of what chris mentioned in a pre-patch interview: "wont be an endless grind" or smth like that. If you really just play normally and don't exclusively grind masters then it can easily take 4-6 months to get them to level 8 imo. Maybe it would be best to just increase XP gain from quests.

I think moving the removing crafted mod ability from 8 to 7 is an option tho. It should not be available too early for sure.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 9, 2014, 9:33:26 PM
Ok... by that logic, I wont be using the crafting options for over a year, since I wont be able to craft until I have access to the highest tiers. Still broken.

@LSN - I am sorry, but your logic is flawed in my opinion. Most people that want to remove a mod will do so to put a completely different one on. Yes, some people will use it to roll a higher mod of the same type, but I think new mods will be rolled more.

Having it available at level 8 means that 99% of the players will not get access to removing mods. GGG must have realised this, and for some reason put it there so only those people can remove the mods. No idea why, as mentioned time after time, it is most advantageous to remove mods at lower levels so your gear can progress with you, as your masters level.
There are many more pro's to this scenario than negatives, unless someone from GGG can enlighten us on why it is better to have the level on 8.

Personally, I think it is silly. Alot of newer players and even some old timers like myself make mistakes crafting. The wrong mod can be put on, or you realise that you do not get a good boost from a certain mod like you though you would. At the moment a crafted mod is permanent for all intents and purposes, making masters fun, but you always have this feeling of "should I hold out for the next level before crafting my piece".

I have a few items on my new character that I would love to mod but am holding off just to get the next tier, which could take months. So I must grind and grind and grind just to get Elreon to 7 before I can do this, then roll something that I may realise is not as good as I thought only to be stuck with it?

Nope, bot good game design IMHO.

Well ok, but making it available from lvl1 is still wrong I think.

Maybe 7 instead of 8 would be smth.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Each level needs a reward. Currently level 5 is pretty vacant. Level 6 gives you access to an extra mast in your hideout. I'd go with 5.

+1
Right now I hardly use masters for mods because I'm waiting for the higher tiers to become available when they finally level up. That is such a waste.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I don't see how gambling with crafting brackets, is any different to gambling with alterations, blessed, divines, chaos... All these orbs make you gamble more, for that 2% better affix.

Having the ability to remove crafted affix earlier, would mean that people would spend more orbs on crafting.

You can already go broke with fuse gambling, chaos spam gambling, etc.. one more currency sink gambling option, wont make the forums assplode.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 10, 2014, 4:03:46 AM
Easy removal of crafted mod is bad for the economy. Sorry.
Neeeeext!
It is not bad for the economy. Currency sinks are good for the economy.

It is bad for the player instead. Many players don't think that far ahead and when they spend loads of currency on a mediocre item that they gonna replace 1-2 wees later anyway, this does not increase the funfactor of the game. Instead it would probably increase the bad feelings about gambling and RNG in the game (what masters where originally not designed for - the opposite is true) and create frustration. Those who severely need this option already now will be able to find ways to do it.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 10, 2014, 6:24:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info