1.2.1 Patch Notes

"
Jonathan wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Adding even more stuff for level 8? Don't you realize most players will never see a level 8 master?

The metacrafting mods were actually intended to be a big part of the reward for getting to level 8. We just didn't get time to implement them before the 1.2.0 release. Thankfully we managed to get them in just in time before players are getting their level 8 masters.

You say that like we're all getting to level 8. There's one guy who has admittedly played the hell out of the game and has one of the masters to 8. I think it will be over a year before I get there.
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

I don't think it was ever supposed to be easy to get lvl 8 on a master. With effort, you will still reach it. No need to complain on this.

Why Not?

It wasn't easy already, now they're making it harder. It's alright to release harder content with harder farming requirements, but when you slap a mother fucker in the face every couple of god damn WEEKS WITH THIS SHIT, then he's gonna get mad.

Look at what happened to midnites, it's now absolutely impossible to farm sacrifices in the City of Sarn, take that as the final slap in the face.

Eventually Masters won't be able to spawn from anything but maps just to make the game some kind of ridiculous put-on vision of "Fair" I disapprove entirely, both of the put-on vision and the validity of it's use in the first place, it's just another way to SLAP US IN THE FUCKING FACE AND force numbers where we have to play their fucking game for even longer to enjoy their content! As if RNG wasn't enough.

I think we should complain. It's only like 3k exp per masters run in those small maps, it'd still take like 1000+ masters to accomplish one to lvl 8, now take the time those 1000+ masters, multiply that number by 7 (since ZANA doesn't spawn in them) then multiply that number by the time it takes to run through those maps, ITS A PRETTY BIG FUCKING NUMBER Now multiply THAT NUMBER BY whatever NINJA NERF REDUCTION GGG delivered. argh...
Last edited by Do_odle on Aug 28, 2014, 9:58:58 PM
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

I don't think it was ever supposed to be easy to get lvl 8 on a master. With effort, you will still reach it. No need to complain on this.

Why Not?

It wasn't easy already, now they're making it harder. It's alright to release harder content with harder farming requirements, but when you slap a mother fucker in the face every couple of god damn WEEKS WITH THIS SHIT, then he's gonna get mad.

Look at what happened to midnites, it's now absolutely impossible to farm sacrifices in the City of Sarn, take that as the final slap in the face.

Eventually Masters won't be able to spawn from anything but maps just to make the game some kind of ridiculous put-on vision of "Fair" I disapprove entirely, both of the put-on vision and the validity of it's use in the first place, it's just another way to SLAP US IN THE FUCKING FACE AND force numbers where we have to play their fucking game for even longer to enjoy their content!

yeah..sadly i agree...
No more farming atziri coz no midnights..
and now this master thing too...
I will just farm dom..i guess..and leave these stuffs for hardcore players..
"
chinu2050 wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

Why Not?

Eventually Masters won't be able to spawn from anything but maps just to make the game some kind of ridiculous put-on vision of "Fair" I disapprove entirely, both of the put-on vision and the validity of it's use in the first place, it's just another way to SLAP US IN THE FUCKING FACE AND force numbers where we have to play their fucking game for even longer to enjoy their content!

I think we should complain. It's only like 3k exp per masters run in those small maps, it'd still take like 1000+ masters to accomplish one to lvl 8, now take the time those 1000+ masters, multiply that number by 7 (since ZANA doesn't spawn in them) then multiply that number by the time it takes to run through those maps, ITS A PRETTY BIG FUCKING NUMBER Now multiply THAT NUMBER BY whatever NINJA NERF REDUCTION GGG delivered. argh...

yeah..sadly i agree...
No more farming atziri coz no midnights..
and now this master thing too...
I will just farm dom..i guess..and leave these stuffs for hardcore players..

That's almost always the solution, eh?

"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

Why Not?

Eventually Masters won't be able to spawn from anything but maps just to make the game some kind of ridiculous put-on vision of "Fair" I disapprove entirely, both of the put-on vision and the validity of it's use in the first place, it's just another way to SLAP US IN THE FUCKING FACE AND force numbers where we have to play their fucking game for even longer to enjoy their content! As if RNG wasn't enough.

Yeah I think getting to Lvl 8 for me personally will be as likely as getting a mirror to drop :-(

I did get an eternal to drop the other day though after 9 months...so perhaps Lvl 7 master might just be possible for me...eventually :-)
"
cdchi1 wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

Why Not?

Yeah I think getting to Lvl 8 for me personally will be as likely as getting a mirror to drop :-(

I did get an eternal to drop the other day though after 9 months...so perhaps Lvl 7 master might just be possible for me...eventually :-)

Lol, I've still never gotten an eternal drop.
"Lol, I've still never gotten an eternal drop."

I was ecstatic for about 5 minutes, until I realised how essentially useless they are if you only have 1, not 100.
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

-snip-

dude if you don't enjoy GGG's game, as you seem to state- don't play it.

i personally love POE and while i think there are some changes to the passive tree in the 1.2 patch that i dont necessarily agree with, it's their game to adjust how they want. in my opinion the storyline is filler, normal cruel and merc are a series of gear walls and the game really hits its stride (becomes enjoyable and challenging) at maps. can't get to maps? re-roll. it usually takes me about three days on a new character to get to eternal laboratory and start mapping. three days isn't really that much work. it's a weekend.

i've been leveling haku in rampage league and im on my second toon in that league- he's level 5 without any farming, just the natural game progress and dailies. seems good to me! if this rate of progress continues haku will be maxed next week some time and i'll start working on elreon. thats approximately 11 weeks at the rate i play to level all 7 masters. yes i know that this math is wildly inaccurate- been leveling all my masters at once, some are level 4 some are level 2 therefore all of them will take diffferent amounts of time to max out in reality... also the more masters you have maxed the more mods and crafting you will have available therefore the stronger your characters will be in every runthrough making masters easier and easier to farm.

lets put it this way- some players already have masters up to max level and it only took them a single week or less.
"
dekay_one wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

-snip-

dude if you don't enjoy GGG's game, as you seem to state- don't play it.

i personally love POE and while i think there are some changes to the passive tree in the 1.2 patch that i dont necessarily agree with, it's their game to adjust how they want. in my opinion the storyline is filler, normal cruel and merc are a series of gear walls and the game really hits its stride (becomes enjoyable and challenging) at maps. can't get to maps? re-roll. it usually takes me about three days on a new character to get to eternal laboratory and start mapping. three days isn't really that much work. it's a weekend.

i've been leveling haku in rampage league and im on my second toon in that league- he's level 5 without any farming, just the natural game progress and dailies. seems good to me! if this rate of progress continues haku will be maxed next week some time and i'll start working on elreon. thats approximately 11 weeks at the rate i play to level all 7 masters. yes i know that this math is wildly inaccurate- been leveling all my masters at once, some are level 4 some are level 2 therefore all of them will take diffferent amounts of time to max out in reality... also the more masters you have maxed the more mods and crafting you will have available therefore the stronger your characters will be in every runthrough making masters easier and easier to farm.

lets put it this way- some players already have masters up to max level and it only took them a single week or less.

If you have Haku level 5 you should see the sheer amount of xp to get him to 6 takes. And it doesn't go linearly as in when you do maps you get more rep with the masters. Personally I don't bother with some masters on beyond, to little reward and it's to hard. I rather farm dailies in a party while being safe.

And it was on softcore that someone got first lv 8 master. They are hard to level alright, but I don't mind it. The only thing I mind is that it's a challenge to get all masters to 8, which I just can't see myself doing. Abaxoth kill, the unique gear + unique kills, the 7x 65 , the rampage tier and currency I can all do those with relative ease. Especially since only abaxoth is hardcore and I'm almost at maps already he only spawns in maps. So I just overgear myself to kill him).

As for the story, it isn't filler it's really great imo if you look for it. Since you probably never ever bothered to read up on the story or follow it or speculate about it, than yeah it might seem the game has no story but in fact it has a very deep story you just have to look for it. People who are into lore can find a great deal in this game, much more than that other games offer.

And idk, basing stuff off a handful of players only leads to insanely hard content (like beyond, which I don't mind). However GGG balances this very well due to the seperate leagues.
Is this not more of a 1.2.0.1 kinda deal?
IGN: Scuhr
Last edited by Recomposed on Aug 28, 2014, 10:45:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info