DRelentless' Low-life/Blood Magic/Righteous Fire ($Budget Build)- Atziri Down!

Why haven't you picked up Pain Attunement?

Is there something with the interaction with RF that doesn't work with it? Isn't it just a clean 30% damage buff?
"
JayEm wrote:
Why haven't you picked up Pain Attunement?

Is there something with the interaction with RF that doesn't work with it? Isn't it just a clean 30% damage buff?

Although it's a spell, the burning dmg is not affected by "Increase Spell damage":

"Passives: The burning effect that damages both the player and enemies is not affected by x% increased Spell Damage." http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Righteous_Fire

Same with burning of searing bond, fire trap, etc..
I'm running a similar build but starting from the maruader section - how do you deal with status ailments e.g. shock / freeze?

Since it's low life when I get shocked on high level maps it can last a really long time like 4-6 seconds sometimes and that is even with the high resistances, needless to say it makes staying alive noticably harder for the duration :P
It's also possible to get perma-freezed and you can't always spam your 'unfreeze' potion :( I guess I could get dream fragments, but I kinda need the resists/stats on ring haha.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
"
Zeekin wrote:
I'm running a similar build but starting from the maruader section - how do you deal with status ailments e.g. shock / freeze?

Since it's low life when I get shocked on high level maps it can last a really long time like 4-6 seconds sometimes and that is even with the high resistances, needless to say it makes staying alive noticably harder for the duration :P
It's also possible to get perma-freezed and you can't always spam your 'unfreeze' potion :( I guess I could get dream fragments, but I kinda need the resists/stats on ring haha.

I'm not really sure about your gear, But I really find Mara start waste alot of passive. I don;t really notice much about shock/freeze, because everything dies too fast, seriously. I run high maps as well. I only use anti freeze on Apex.

now I have about 2k life, Lorie's Lantern is very good agianst those, I'm not sure your wearing those. you'll have max resist of 80-82%. Even if you get frozen, so what? your RF stil do damage! I also use topaz and other flask before I engage lightning mobs everytime.

The build cannot evade, so your flask almost every time recharges. It's actually a different form of defensive mitigation that you don't really see. Use flask, Kill fast, recharge flask, reapeat.
I'm still leveling only level 76 at the moment, so my lightning resist is only about 79, do you manage to kill residence dominus quite easily? I tried it and kept getting shocked a lot by his hard to dodge projectiles and eventually decided it wasnt worth the effort, maybe it will be easier when I level up.

Maruader start is a bit of a waste, but I just like the marauder character model better. You waste about 6 passive points by taking the marauder side, but the benefit is that you get really strong % regeneration nodes, 1x1.5% + 3x0.6%

The other thing I found was that burst physical damage can sometimes be a problem, granite flask is good, but sometimes you can't react fast enough and it can do big burst damage, or you can't keep it active for long enough, and even cwdt+IC is sometimes not enough. I am experimenting with using grace + not using unwavering stance and it actually works quite nicely since getting stunned is not too much of a problem most of the time I've found, it gives a nice bit of evasion.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Last edited by Zeekin on Sep 19, 2014, 1:40:06 AM
"
Zeekin wrote:
I'm still leveling only level 76 at the moment, so my lightning resist is only about 79, do you manage to kill residence dominus quite easily? I tried it and kept getting shocked a lot by his hard to dodge projectiles and eventually decided it wasnt worth the effort, maybe it will be easier when I level up.

Maruader start is a bit of a waste, but I just like the marauder character model better. You waste about 6 passive points by taking the marauder side, but the benefit is that you get really strong % regeneration nodes, 1x1.5% + 3x0.6%

The other thing I found was that burst physical damage can sometimes be a problem, granite flask is good, but sometimes you can't react fast enough and it can do big burst damage, or you can't keep it active for long enough, and even cwdt+IC is sometimes not enough. I am experimenting with using grace + not using unwavering stance and it actually works quite nicely since getting stunned is not too much of a problem most of the time I've found, it gives a nice bit of evasion.

DOM Residence is very easy with Vaal Discipline, maybe under 7sec or something, with vaal grace for assurance & vaal lightning trap. All the bosses actually are easy. You must get that Increase duration Passives. Immortal call usually last for 3-4 seconds, it's OP.

Its fine you test what u think will be better. But if you evade too much your flask won't recharge as much, and you cant use Ruby for life regen.
Wow, this build looks awesome! Thanks Drelentless!

I read through the pages of the thread and couldn't find a pre level 70 skill tree before you switch to lowlife/es.
I never played a ci or low life build and have a really hard time figuring out how a leveling passive tree could look like, do I just pick up more life nodes along the way? When do I start using aura nodes and or blood magic?
I understand that this highly depends on the skills I'll use but one example could help me really figure out how to do it for my own style.

I'm going to start my scion now on rampage and just pick up some passives along the way as I see fit, but if anyone would be so kind and show the leveling spec he or she used it would be highly appreciated (or if I simply missed the tree in the op or the thread, please point me in the right direction=) )

Thanks again!
"
IINestorII wrote:
Wow, this build looks awesome! Thanks Drelentless!

I read through the pages of the thread and couldn't find a pre level 70 skill tree before you switch to lowlife/es.
I never played a ci or low life build and have a really hard time figuring out how a leveling passive tree could look like, do I just pick up more life nodes along the way? When do I start using aura nodes and or blood magic?
I understand that this highly depends on the skills I'll use but one example could help me really figure out how to do it for my own style.

I'm going to start my scion now on rampage and just pick up some passives along the way as I see fit, but if anyone would be so kind and show the leveling spec he or she used it would be highly appreciated (or if I simply missed the tree in the op or the thread, please point me in the right direction=) )

Thanks again!

Well, Thanks for the interest!

It really depends on you I guess on what skill you'll be leveling with. Other guys here say that using searing to level have almost similar tree pathing. Anyway, maybe you can go similar to this, its a generic leveling character with no offensive nodes taken, around 150% life, 88 Points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA2E2UoNpiaHT56ILHQYco-rc-V8mIWv4Kxq4NfKBC8kXYvRynPC3qul7AOuE1kgxfxPa0DKZX_o9TpT0PJ-2TJ0ZxTeN99SSL_Esc3IMJfLtsFn_Gb57zcZ48OtiHGcHFflnxs03YgW_sOOwYS1eMdgSzGjhwu8DjFE3wHwJxp4TZE6IAqWiQVS9vwBpmnvrScU0XLzbpms9k54bRJKrjakNjVdYksBZvtzGApFj1ncQ=

- Depends on attributes needed by your skills. I find going to the templar area first more natural, but if your skills required high Int, then start going to the top right quadrant.
- Only take aura nodes around mid lvl 50's, start take Body & Soul cluster at level 60s.

But if you have a lot of regrets to spend, it doesn't matter. GL

Hi, thanks for the build! I'm levelling it now. Just a quick question, doesn't the Improved effect of buffs on you node increase the damage you take from Righteous Fire? Wouldn't it be better not to take those?
"
Hi, thanks for the build! I'm levelling it now. Just a quick question, doesn't the Improved effect of buffs on you node increase the damage you take from Righteous Fire? Wouldn't it be better not to take those?

Hi yes. nice observation. But I calculated it. you cannot achieve 93% fire resist without inner force, only 92%. although u also degen less, its a small difference in positive regen. The side effect tho is you lost about 180 es on discipline and every aura will be reduced as well. even if you put those 3 nodes on ES, it will give almost the same es for discipline with inner force.

We are talking about level 17 discipline here.. but currently my discipline is lvl 23, so the buff of inner force is really huge. the same with your other auras at higher level, purity of ice & light can give you +7% max resist instead of 6%.

Its not necessary to take initially, yes. but the benefits at higher level auras is just too good to pass up. even your vaal discipline, vaal grace are all affected.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info