DRelentless' Low-life/Blood Magic/Righteous Fire ($Budget Build)- Atziri Down!

The build looks great and since I was lucky enough to have Shav's Wrappings drop for me I think I will give it a try.

How do you replenish your ES when you take damage? Is your net positive ES regen high enough to cover it alone, or do you rely more on ruby flasks?

I assume at 100% fire resist with ruby active and the few "faster start of ES recharge" nodes you have selected it would allow for rapid recharge to kick in and if not you would still get your full ES regen for the flask duration while the RF degen is negated.

If you do need to use a ruby flask every time you take damage, then this would be a very intensive flask use build. Do you find that to be the case?
"
Aschere wrote:
Great build. Built a similar one and modified it based on seeing your tree and realizing you can push POF to 9%.

An important thing to note is that you do not need the +5% effectiveness from Athleticism to push Purity of fire up to +9% resistances.
5 [lvl 23 POF] * (1 + (.06+.06) [Champion] + (.06+.06+.10) [Sovereignty] + (.06+.14) [Influence] + (.06) [Leadership] + (.03+.03+.15) [Inner Force]) = 9.05

Athleticism will just result in less regen for you.

--------

Thanks as well. Nice modifications btw, taking that holy fire burning damage & Unnatural calm es clusters. I didn't thought of that :)

Yes. I also didn't take Athleticism if you can see from my linked tree, because it will result in more degen overall. But initially I did when I'm still doing trial & error.

Going to Marauder side for more es is a very though decision for me to do or recommend, cause you'll lose a lot of passive points just to get those es, but maybe it's a good option if you'll do this in HC.

Yes. Using grace or haste aura will require too much dexterity, that I eventually drop it and it saves me extra points and not restrict me to my items. I chose determination, because it benefits greatly when u use your granite flask with those armor passives. As long as you feel you've got sufficient phys mitigation, I guess you can use either way, as one of our friend here uses grace as well without unwavering stance :)

@Kelderek

Yup. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the first page, it is a Flask intensive build, most pre-patch 1.2 RF I think are. Since you don't have to press anything besides using ice nova, and occasional vaal gems, it's not that bad really when you get used to it and I find it not boring to play :)

The ES recharge when you use ruby will not trigger, as you are always upclose with the enemy and you'll get hit often. I already mentioned that the build actually rely on you getting hit, so that your flask would recharge, but with Immortal call up and some flask up, you can face tank even the hardest hitters & most dense mob packs out there. It is just a different style of play.

Note that I already make this build up to lvl 90, and maybe some guys on global 820 masters rotation can attest on how tanky it can be, even with the nastiest map mods, even solo finish a timed 6-party zana mission easily.

Vaal Discipline is too OP for this build - It outweighs all the disadvantage :)
Currently giving this build a go, but just wondering what path to go first on the passive tree. Maybe i missed it but can't seem to see a guide on what to do during earlier levels. OP or anyone got the incremental passive guide for this build? Cheers
"
Manolz wrote:
Currently giving this build a go, but just wondering what path to go first on the passive tree. Maybe i missed it but can't seem to see a guide on what to do during earlier levels. OP or anyone got the incremental passive guide for this build? Cheers

I already post a simple tree in life based build before low life transition a few pages back, it really depends on what skill you're going to use leveling, going to templar side and taking those life nodes along the way is what I recommend. Then go to the right side if you need more intelligence or dexterity to skills. GL
"
Manolz wrote:

I already post a simple tree in life based build before low life transition a few pages back, it really depends on what skill you're going to use leveling, going to templar side and taking those life nodes along the way is what I recommend. Then go to the right side if you need more intelligence or dexterity to skills. GL
Starting to fool around with a manual discharger version of this build. The AOE on this build is enormous. Plus all the burning bonuses, spell damage bonus from RF, and the AOE compliment discharge quite well.

Links are:
(5) Discharge + Chance to ignite + iron will + ele prolif + Life leech

(1) Vaal discipline

(3) Enduring cry + reduced mana + echo

(3) Empower + PoF + Disc (to get PoF to lvl 23 w/ weapon bonus gems)

(4) Reduced mana + determination + PoL + Vitality

(4) Ice nova + curse on hit + Flamability + ele weakness (I use windscreams for boots)

You'll notice I dropped Purity of ice. This allows me to completely ignore all dexterity on gear/tree as long as I pick up some ice resist.

Here is tree:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2mKUoNhN-ehodA18V8ko-oLHpwi4k-vuU6UMXxynxq63PkGHhxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwt98Ekiz0PAnEEs4Fvnjx8uyW8378Ucfjr6hj3MnKprKqDticLQqMOPAn2Ja39CwPGgwlGcbQM6rrhiC9v2RNwu-wYwcV_xhzckyeVIMHzoqNcihFQNbkdTy0fbRlLrhsl2VvpAnF5FxwSaZ2uHRSPRvrSgKQksIbRFy_GnhB_DH3DbVxrhEj315uhmK09X1JTl_TvfIM4FE2Mdk3Yu-2Rzg==

Its fun, less survivability than yours since I have less armor but its fun so far. Running 75 maps without a problem at lvl 83 as long as I'm not dumb. The endurance charges help with the regen/survivability some. I try to cast discharge followed by a quick enduring cry before pack burns then use that to run to next pack.

The discharge is helping a lot with clear speed, but my tankiness isn't nearly as good.

Last edited by Aschere on Oct 10, 2014, 7:19:50 PM
Very cool build! I think it would be safer in hardcore to use hybrid armor (ar/es) and craft for ES.
Great build and guide !
Quick question : why don't you take Pain attunement since you are so close to it ?
"
KaXXoR wrote:
Great build and guide !
Quick question : why don't you take Pain attunement since you are so close to it ?

The answer to this is at the top of page 5, you can check it there.
Okay i liked the idea of that build but i'm little confused at the main stress on 9% fire res from PoF.

I tinkered with your tree a while and got myself another version - i wonder if you can check it and comment if it's doable after all.

Explanation
I excluded whole left wing of your build with Influence zone and and leadership 6% but took back the Athletics 5% leaving total 60% effect from PoF - for 8% fire res at lvl 23 gem, tried to keep all the rest of build as close to your build as I could and got some extra free points via connecting parts of the build through left part of the Witch's zone. Plust some free points from Templar zone - dropping 1% life regen from it. I spend those extra points on Maradeur's sector getting extra 2,1% regen and overall lowering defences a bit. Main changes aside from 21% less aura efficiency are 2% decrease in ES, 3% increase in life and +30 flat life increase. That last one makes build much dependable on items, but this way it's much closer to ES cluster with Unnatural Calm and Holy Fire burning cluster.

Maths
So we will have only 8% fire res from PoF - total res will be 92%. Also 5% increase in buff effects, more life (3% and 30 flat), less ES and 1,1% more regen from passives.

According to your math it will be:
1.6 aura effect (dunno where did you got 1.83 from - you had 1.81 according to poe skill tree planner)

Total Flat ES = 1156 es (less from discipline)

1156 + 1156 * 204% = 3514 ES (2% less total)
say 1700 life (18.5% net decrease from flat strength and 2.3% net decrease from % strength - in fact less life but still too much)
RF Degen = (say 1700 * 90% + 3514 * 70%) * 1.26 * 8% = 402 ES Degen/second

Vitality @level 17 = 1.5% * 1.6 = 2.4%
Passive Tree = 8.3%
Total = 10.7%
ES regen = 3514 * 10.7% = 376 Es Regen/second

Not viable unless i can have +246 flat ES.
Discipline at lvl 20 will give 116 flat ES increase so i will need only 130 more from items, then it will be:
1400 + 1400 * 204% = 4256 ES
(1700 * 90% + 4256 * 70%) * 1.26 * 8% = 454.5 ES Degen/second
4256 * 10.7% = 455.4 es Regen/second

Update: pre-transfer skill tree - leveling with minions

Actually i'm interested in two things - is this altered build actually doable and does it look much harder than yours?
Last edited by ogley on Nov 12, 2014, 2:19:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info