"You need less life on tree"

"
To get 5k life you need over 200% max life on tree , lets be honest you can't do high lvl maps in beyond with 3.5k life...
Can't really understand these changes , everything was fine IMO.

discuss

Uh, yeah, hey.

So uh, i started mapping with 3.1k HP with full resistance. Did 68 maps and wasn't even close to dying.

Then i got a lightning coil and had 3.4k hp. Facetanked 70 maps.

Now i got 4032 hp at lvl 76 and i play with 1 hand while sipping coffee as a ranger, 1-4 shotting everything. Again, due to the resistance, armour and lightning coil, When i do lvl 72 maps.

I'm either very lucky or doing something very right, but i've almost always mapped with 3-3.2k hp at the first stages, and beyon was no exception.

(not melee, tho)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Aug 28, 2014, 8:07:04 PM
"
Cergic wrote:
"
To get 5k life you need over 200% max life on tree , lets be honest you can't do high lvl maps in beyond with 3.5k life...

discuss

Uh, yeah, hey.

So uh, i started mapping with 3.1k HP with full resistance. Did 68 maps and wasn't even close to dying.

Now i got 4032 hp at lvl 76 and i play with 1 hand while sipping coffee as a ranger, 1-4 shotting everything. Again, due to the resistance, armour and lightning coil, When i do lvl 72 maps.

I'm either very lucky or doing something very right, but i've almost always mapped with 3-3.2k hp at the first stages, and beyon was no exception.

(not melee, tho)

Lightning Coil significantly helps. Like, alot.

Also if you were playing Evasion 3.5k HP is nowhere near enough, especially pre-LC vs Phys Spells.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:
"

discuss

Uh, yeah, hey.

(not melee, tho)

Lightning Coil significantly helps. Like, alot.

Also if you were playing Evasion 3.5k HP is nowhere near enough, especially pre-LC vs Phys Spells.

Yes. Yes it sure does.
And no, you are very right. But that's why i never play Evasion. For the ones that do play evasion though, it must be rough.
I mostly play on the right side of the tree and the difference is huge. I currently have ALL possible hp nodes (except blood drinker cluster) between witch and shadow. I have decent hp (around 60 average) on all pieces except gloves and weapon and i struggle to reach 3K5 at lvl 85.

Some could argue that is enough but i don't have other layers of defense. I can onlt run a lvl 10 to 12 arctic armor due to the mana regen nerfs, i don't have block above what my shield offers me, no evade or armor.

I feel squishy :p

Grabbing those +3% life nodes is not point effective but it's not like i had the choice anyway :(
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
So, when is this community going to realize that the core issue -- the ill and not just its symptoms -- is that the incoming damage in this game is far too extreme? You rant about life now; later, you'll rant about ES; and then resistance will be the flavor of month to complain; then maybe we'll come back around to avoidance over mitigation - all these things brought up before, and they'll be brought up again.

Read the writing on the wall. Get to the root instead of just trimming the hedge every-now-and-then.
"
Cergic wrote:

(not melee, tho)

Basically everything you stated is irrelevant then...
"
So, when is this community going to realize that the core issue -- the ill and not just its symptoms -- is that the incoming damage in this game is far too extreme? You rant about life now; later, you'll rant about ES; and then resistance will be the flavor of month to complain; then maybe we'll come back around to avoidance over mitigation - all these things brought up before, and they'll be brought up again.

Read the writing on the wall. Get to the root instead of just trimming the hedge every-now-and-then.

I do agree with this also. Especially for elemental damages. The more they reduce our ehp pools the more i have the feeling the game is "balanced" around overcapped resists which is sad. Reflect is also way too strong. As i said earlier, i'm having a hard time getting above 3K5 hp. I have 78% cold resist and one crit can easily kill me if the reflect pack has low cold resist like monkeys. My damage is not overkill, far from it. With the somewhat recent addition of cwdt + IC combo, physical reflect is easier to prevent, combined with granite for exemple. But for ele, even under resist flasks 85% resist is still not enough sadly.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
I am a strong supporter of the diminishing returns idea, and i have rant about it in the past as well. But i beleive that the formula should take gear in acount. For example let's say there is a limit of 5K HP, and then multipliers start giving diminishing returns. EG. if you have 200% life on tree and your HP is still under 5K, you get no penalty. If your HP turns out higher, the formula calculates how much of the total multiplier is needed to reach 5K, and then all the remaining starts giving half effectiveness or something. And propably other caps beyond 7.5K life etc. The same of course applies to CI and even DPS, most notably critical multiplier that people have been bitching about. Dark souls works kinda this way, but mainly stat wise, since raising a stat further than 30 gives diminishing returns, and then beyond 50 even more.
The main idea is to penaltise more over geared people rather than poorer players. They did try something in this direction, with the quality on armour nerf, which hurts you more, the better the item is. But is not enough, and it ended up hurting more mid-tier players in the end.
However i guess the formula would be fairly complicated to pull off right.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Aug 29, 2014, 3:01:42 PM
DP
Last edited by Cergic on Aug 29, 2014, 6:01:31 PM
"
Cergic wrote:
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:

(not melee, tho)

Basically everything you stated is irrelevant then...

No. I still stand 2 ft away from mobs because i'm that f*cking tanky (and also lazy).

And i've done mostly melee characters. Never had more than 3.7k HP when i started maping, ever.
Last edited by Cergic on Aug 29, 2014, 6:01:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info