"You need less life on tree"

"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:
"
To get 5k life you need over 200% max life on tree , lets be honest you can't do high lvl maps in beyond with 3.5k life...
Can't really understand these changes , everything was fine IMO.

discuss

Uh, yeah, hey.

So uh, i started mapping with 3.1k HP with full resistance. Did 68 maps and wasn't even close to dying.

Then i got a lightning coil and had 3.4k hp. Facetanked 70 maps.

Now i got 4032 hp at lvl 76 and i play with 1 hand while sipping coffee as a ranger, 1-4 shotting everything. Again, due to the resistance, armour and lightning coil, When i do lvl 72 maps.

I'm either very lucky or doing something very right, but i've almost always mapped with 3-3.2k hp at the first stages, and beyon was no exception.

(not melee, tho)

Lightning Coil significantly helps. Like, alot.

Also if you were playing Evasion 3.5k HP is nowhere near enough, especially pre-LC vs Phys Spells.

I play only evasion builds (it just fits my playstyle) and 3.5k is like nothing , getting hit for 2k happens very often . Maybe it' time to buff evasion?
"
Autocthon wrote:
MC was never 30%.

Pretty sure it was 30% for eons during Open Beta then it got buffed to 40% and now, more recently, buffed to 60%.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
The biggest nerf was auras and max resistance nerf. You could do uber atziri with less than 5k hp before since you could have like 95% fire res.

I do not know what else did they do but I feel way way less tanky. I had my first death in maps in a long time, lvl 76 map with extra cold dmg and pack size with devourers. I assume 2 packs of devourers with 2 rare ones poped on me and insta rip through 5k2 hp, 68 block 75 spell block, arctic armour, lightning coil, 79 fire res and lightning res. How in world anyone can survive that? And it's far FAR from being the worst of mods.

I haven't tried atziri yet but I can see that I will probably lose about 1/2 of my life on any hit with 84% fire res.
Last edited by patlefort3 on Aug 29, 2014, 9:18:54 PM
You must have done your math wrong because I have 4707 life with 175% life and this garbage gear.

Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Last edited by Necrogue on Aug 29, 2014, 11:01:16 PM
"
Necrogue wrote:
You must have done your math wrong because I have 4707 life with 175% life and this garbage gear.

Those life rolls are far from garbage. :D
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
Yeah they're not bad but there's still room for plenty more and I'm only lvl79. Imagine if I were lvl90 with high rolls on all gear.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Right side of the tree got screwed over hard. Unless you go all the way to Scion and/or down to Duelist you can't get enough life without huge dps sacrifices.

The diminishing returns idea is great and is probably what should be implemented.

Nodes that need buffing:
- Thick Skin: 10% Life only now down from 18% is a huge nerf? Make this atleast 5,5,12. The 8% change to avoid status is pointless, change it to 10% allresist or chaosresist so right side can get some resists too without going for ev/es.

- Hired Killer: The life gain on kill is gimmicky, add like 20 Strength or change it to 4,4,8. Maybe even 5,5,8.

- Revenge of the Hunted: Should be atleast 6% life.

I honestly don't get why they nerfed everything so damn hard except for the Scion life wheel which even got buffed for people just passing through.
"
Axarion wrote:
Right side of the tree got screwed over hard. Unless you go all the way to Scion and/or down to Duelist you can't get enough life without huge dps sacrifices.

The diminishing returns idea is great and is probably what should be implemented.

Nodes that need buffing:
- Thick Skin: 10% Life only now down from 18% is a huge nerf? Make this atleast 5,5,12. The 8% change to avoid status is pointless, change it to 10% allresist or chaosresist so right side can get some resists too without going for ev/es.

- Hired Killer: The life gain on kill is gimmicky, add like 20 Strength or change it to 4,4,8. Maybe even 5,5,8.

I honestly don't get why they nerfed everything so damn hard except for the Scion life wheel which even got buffed for people just passing through.

The removal of bow damage + life nodes was a huge hit, too.

IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
Axarion wrote:

Nodes that need buffing:

Out of curiosity, how much is enough life in your opinion?
Something funny with all of this is that they will have to backtrack on it anyway to raise the % on the tree because as content raises in level then it's damage will also (and likely by a LOT!). They'll have to rescale our life back up using our gear mods (since we're already able to reach level 100 anyway) as that is the only way to balance new content without breaking the old stuff. They can't increase base life again because that would make low level content to trivial, and they can't keep the percents where they are because our life won't scale high enough to survive a single hit on a at level basis... leaving just scaling based on new higher level gear using higher % based life increases on the tree.

Re-inventing the wheel while knowing your going to re-invent it again and again seems sort of a exercise in wasted effort and time.
Last edited by Jiero on Aug 30, 2014, 1:38:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info