Why don't YOU play HC?

"
Skizo wrote:
Two reasons:

First there is desync, yes I know "play around it etc", but where is the fun in that?

And secondly: FUN! :D

Playing hardcore seems boring, you have to play safe (really really safe)

My current build is a CoC Cyclone (yes lots of desync), with a lot of movement speed - It is like strapping on a gigant rocket and then just killing everything, its is tons of fun, but not even close to hardcore safe.

Yes but if you are a veteran player like me with more than 2 years of experience in POE Sc becomes boring. I have all the gear i want in SC to make whatever i want no challenge in that, but still HC punishes end-game build too much.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
Farystar wrote:
Yes but if you are a veteran player like me with more than 2 years of experience in POE Sc becomes boring. I have all the gear i want in SC to make whatever i want no challenge in that, but still HC punishes end-game build too much.

I have been playing since way back in closed beta, I think it was december 2011 I got my beta key. And I am not even closed to bored yet.

That said, I cant play PoE very much, and for me it takes months from "I have an idea for a buid, until it is done"

Between work, my family (wife and kid), friends and other interests, there is not enough time :)
Still sane exile?
Because i'd die in Normal or at latest, Cruel, every single time? Just because i like PoE doesn't mean i'm any good.. some think PoE is too easy, i'd play on an easier difficulty if there was one ;-)
desync - not because im derping (i would admit it), cause of 3-5 seconds throwback! thats why... if i imagine that would happen with a like lvl60+ char i would cry...

another reason is, that i wanna have fun... progressing and progressing while talking with comrades or watching a series or stuff like that...

poe is relaxing for me i got enough excitment in rl >.<
1) Build flexibility. You can experiment more freely with builds in softcore. Want to try a glass canon? You can without worrying about losing too much (unless you're above level 85 or so where xp loss gets nasty).

2) Permanence. Life is impermanent. In fantasy games, I like permanence. I don't want to transfer to a different league when I die. I like to build up one character at a time and not feel like I need to start over when desync ends me.

3) Desync.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I want to be able to experience all the content in the game. If I keep dying randomly at levels say, 50 or 65, then I would be missing out so much of the game as I would have never been able to experience all the content and try the maps, even if I do die now and then. I intend to try HC once I have experienced most if not all of the content so that I can play it after learning the obstacles to face.

Other reasons include desync and lag (esp in parties), as well as being able to instantly escape by exiting, rather than tanking the blow of death in standard. Besides, imo, once you get to higher levels, you cant really go glass anymore.
Lag and not turn based. If I want random chance to dictate my char Id play nethack. Im more of an Angband guy.
HAIL SATAN!
1) The game has flaws in its design that are annoying. I can deal with them just fine on standard where a death hurts but is not months of my time down the drain due to a flaw with the game's design.

2) I like to test the limits of my builds.

3) Bell Canada.
the tyranny of framing our attention with all the eyes their eyes no longer see
"

3) Bell Canada.

Say no more.
HAIL SATAN!
I have tried out HC a few times, but usually get reminded why I should stick to SC after a short time each time.

While I do get the occasional desync I still think I can blame only a handful of deaths on desync since closed beta, so that is not the real reason why I don't play HC.

The real reason why I don't play HC is that afk a lot and often! Having a wife, a baby son and a dog means that I often get distracted while playing, and have to go afk in the middle of a map. Even if I think I cleared the immediate area of enemies and can safely go afk, I often come back to find that one or more enemies have wondered in and killed me while I was afk. Makes me think "Good thing I wasn't playing HC!" every time. I have at least 10 times more deaths to afk'ing than I have to desync in PoE, that's for sure.

Maybe one day when my son grows up I'll get him to play PoE with me, and we can have fun in HC. But until then, I'm sticking to SC for the most part of my time playing PoE.

Also, I enjoy to play PoE to kick back and relax at the end of my day. It is really no competition for me, so I do not really care if I play HC or SC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info