[ 1.2 - Forsaken Masters Physical Wander CI Witch ] - Many endgame variations

Updated current passive skill tree and current gear.

Dropping Eye of Chayula for a dps ammy since I picked up Heart of Oak ( testing the effectiveness of stun immunity vs. 30 % chance to avoid being stunned )

To do :
Upgrade belt with more rezist and ES, picking up a better phy amulet and upgrading my shield. Spec into Finesse at lvl 81.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Aug 29, 2014, 3:03:15 AM
don't you think you would benefit more by going towards Depth Perception?
A bit less IAS but 40% more crit followed by 32% accuracy. Just a thought.
"
anone wrote:
don't you think you would benefit more by going towards Depth Perception?
A bit less IAS but 40% more crit followed by 32% accuracy. Just a thought.

A good point and I am glad you asked because I forgot to explain this in the OP.
I am aware of those nods dont worry :-) The problem is that you cant have everything because of the lack of skill points. Simple as that. I recommend those points only if you dont want to go towards Ondars Guile, Ballistic mastery and Finesse. For most people reaching lvl 80-90 is the end. There are only a very few 100 lvl's so there is no way you can grab everything you want. I have already 90 % accuracy ( with not that great accuracy rolls on gear ) and 62 % crit chance with 6 PC's. More would be good of course but not necessery. So I feel the way I'm progressing in the passive tree is way to go.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Aug 29, 2014, 10:01:08 AM
Hello,under Depth Perception,there is 1 Frenzy Charge - since you're there - not worth taking it early or late game:) ?
I'm no expert but why don't you take the phy dmg at shadow?
"
Desperation wrote:
Hello,under Depth Perception,there is 1 Frenzy Charge - since you're there - not worth taking it early or late game:) ?

Hard to say. To be honest I dont feel like I need more attack speed. Power Siphon is mana hungry enough and it would be hard to keep the mana up with tons of attack speed. It needs balance. You want to keep shooting PS 24/7. On the other hand I dont see this as a Frenzy charge build. Frenzy charges are only here because of Blood Rage and Blood Rage is only a free buff with no downside thanks to CI. The real deal here is the ghostreaver + lifeleech combo not the charges itself. 5 % AS sure helps a bit, but not a lot. It's not like Berserking. I might pick it up at the very end ( 95-100 ) when there is nothing left, but that level is out of the question for 95 %+ of the players.

"
teletups11 wrote:
I'm no expert but why don't you take the phy dmg at shadow?

If you mean the shadow starting area to the left of Coordination, then I think :
1.) it cost too many points. You have enough damage with this setup. I mean look at all these new wand dmg nods and stuff ! :)
2.) Pick more damage when u already have lots of damage makes no sense to me
3.) Working towards more defense should be your goal ( Ondars Guilde for reflect or more ES ) if you ever want to play high level maps with more comfort. A glass cannon is a "no go" in high level maps. Defense is what you need in Path of Exile all the time and you can never have enough defense in this game :-)

To both of you : This build is very much gear dependat, but it doesnt reqiure tons of exalts like many other builds. For example, if you upgrade your ring for "better" one but it lacks accuracy and flat ES you have to get that somewhere else, otherwise your dps and chance to hit will decrease and that means lower dps. You have to adjust your gear. If you have a worse wand than I do but a much better chest, you can pick up the dmg nods in the shadow area and maybe you can afford to drop a few ES nods which I cannot. Same goes for the Frenzy charge. If you dont have AS on your gloves, but have mana regen somwehre else feel free to add the FC. I gave you the base mandatory build which is necessery, but you can adjust it further to your likings depending on what you need. It is all about playing with numbers and min maxing your stats.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Aug 30, 2014, 6:00:36 PM
hi there. with this build You can kill Atziri?
And pls, add some screens (Deffence, offence)
Last edited by ExMagisTR on Aug 31, 2014, 8:02:31 AM
Also 1 more thing that comes to my mind,what about piercing shots,i've seen a guide where the guy picks this 4 nods.He said that works gr8 with PS.Just an suggestion ;) Ty for ur gr8 guide,provide some info how is with Hearth of the Oak - is it working well or still need Eye of Chayula.1 more thing,i get some mana nods and lack of crit dmg so i can run hatred and Discipline for no clarity,what's your suggestions about it?Deerskin gloves for aspd at the moment.Are they good for start till i get some imba aspd rares or?Recomend some helmet aswell,i think for Rat's nest but not sure is it good for that build - aspd crit eva is still good tbh,what u say?What about crit dmg gem instead of crit chance on Ps,isnt this a huge dps boost?I saw that u dont have cwdt + ec +ic,isnt this a problem?
Last edited by Desperation on Aug 31, 2014, 2:16:25 PM
I got the "Wand damage and accuracy" node very early (First in the Wandslinger 3-point node a bit NE from start tree) and I never had any problems with accuracy, sitting very well at 92%. It was pretty hard leveling until I hit 90, got a decent wand and LMP (Most important, I guess). After I got LMP, I could clear out the rooms with ease. Barrage is also a VERY good skill to use with 4 power charges early game as well.

Great guide overall, got a starting point to modify to my own playstyle! (As in going Barrage -> CoC -> LMP -> Arctic Breath)
"
ExMagisTR wrote:
hi there. with this build You can kill Atziri?
And pls, add some screens (Deffence, offence)

Hi. Sorry but I can't tell you since I dont farm corrupted zones and I never tried Atziri with this build. My priority is to get to highest level as possible through maps at the moment in the Rampage league. But I believe that there are other much more effective builds and toons for Atziri farming. I'm not saying it is not possible, I am saying that I never tried it with a wander :-) I will add screenshots in a few days.

"
Dranzell wrote:
Great guide overall, got a starting point to modify to my own playstyle! (As in going Barrage -> CoC -> LMP -> Arctic Breath)

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it and it is a good feeling when people are following my guide, sending me privat messages asking questions and saying thanks for guide :-) This is why I like the community here.
Many of them added me in game and with a few we did some map runs aswell, they wanted to see how it looks like with a decent gear at higher levels :-)
What you are doing now, is what I would like to encourage people to do with this guide. Get the core build, get used to the playstyle and adjut it to their own liking :-)

"
Desperation wrote:
Also 1 more thing that comes to my mind,what about piercing shots,i've seen a guide where the guy picks this 4 nods.He said that works gr8 with PS.Just an suggestion ;) Ty for ur gr8 guide,provide some info how is with Hearth of the Oak - is it working well or still need Eye of Chayula.1 more thing,i get some mana nods and lack of crit dmg so i can run hatred and Discipline for no clarity,what's your suggestions about it?Deerskin gloves for aspd at the moment.Are they good for start till i get some imba aspd rares or?Recomend some helmet aswell,i think for Rat's nest but not sure is it good for that build - aspd crit eva is still good tbh,what u say?What about crit dmg gem instead of crit chance on Ps,isnt this a huge dps boost?I saw that u dont have cwdt + ec +ic,isnt this a problem?

Spoiler
I never tried piercing shots with PS, but the concept of this build is to get a high critical chance, some crit multiplier and just 1-2 shot mobs. Chain is there to hit monsters which are not directly hit by your main projectiles.
My own experience so far with Heart of Oak is that it is a situational passive nod. In some maps where you know that the majority of the monsters are slow melees or ranged attackers, you can afford to go a dps amulet with nop problem. But in maps where you are facing fast and hard melee mobs with some damage, you will need chayula. Stun immunity and avoid being stunned is a huge difference. I have my dps ammy always in my inv and I switch it with chayula depending on the map and mods.
You need ES gear if you go CI or one or two pieces of ES/eva gear because otherwise your ES will be very low. You need 3,5 - 4k for low maps and 5-6k+ for medium tier maps.You wont survive 78 maps with gear like Rats nest. I recommend a good ES/accuracy and rezist helm instead.
I use the critical damage multiplier gem not the chance. Where did you saw the chance gem in my gear ? :-)
CWDT + EC + IC is a good combo for every character. But since I was ok I decided to level up the Empower/Enlighten/Enhance gems for some money since tehse will be useful and expensive once they hit lvl 3 :-) I just didnt had room for this combo. Managed to drop some gems and get the CWDT + EC + CI combo, it is good it procs but it is not a lifesaver for me since I can keep my distance. I think I will link it with Ice nova in the future to slow down melee attackers, get out of their range, position myself and get rdy to pew pew :-)
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Sep 1, 2014, 1:36:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info