1.2.2 Fyndel´s LL Bloodmagic Wander 100k GMP+CHAIN Dps with Reflect videos / UBER atziri deathless

You know, I really miss playing my wander, it felt so good and is so strong, as far as pack clearing speed goes, wander is amazing .... but there is one reason I now play spec throw over wander

Whirling blades

Wander will have a very hard time keeping up in overall clear speed just because of whirling blades.

I really wish they would release a movement skill that wanders (and other non dagger/claw) players could use.

If they ever gave us a movement skill to use, I'd switch back to wander for sure :)
"
whoismiked wrote:
You know, I really miss playing my wander, it felt so good and is so strong, as far as pack clearing speed goes, wander is amazing .... but there is one reason I now play spec throw over wander

Whirling blades

Wander will have a very hard time keeping up in overall clear speed just because of whirling blades.

I really wish they would release a movement skill that wanders (and other non dagger/claw) players could use.

If they ever gave us a movement skill to use, I'd switch back to wander for sure :)

If you want to be quicker for solo clearing just use -

The movement you gain from it makes you very fast.

For group speed clear (where Whirlers are tied to the group anyways, and Wander brings automatic 10% faster clear to the group thanks to Culling)

I still use a CwDT + EC + IC setup for safety.

+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
whoismiked wrote:

Whirling blades

For group speed clear (where Whirlers are tied to the group anyways, and Wander brings automatic 10% faster clear to the group thanks to Culling)

Hey Jake, I've used that LW setup plenty of times in the past, but for me personally, I find using lightning warp for contant movement clunky, I dont mind using it in say shrine for example for getting past gates and stuff, but I find it too tedious and annoying to spam is 24/7 rather than just holding down the whirling button.

Also LW'ing around that much that fast kind of gives me a headache ;/

Also even with the LW-FC-RD setup, I still find whilring to be faster when you have it tied to lvl 4 enhance and FA like I do in my setup

I also find whirling to be much more reliable in dodging Uber double FB compared to LW. I've used LW plenty in many builds and I just don't prefer it.

As mentioned I loved my wander, and still have it, I am by no means trying to talk people out of using a wander, they are amazing! I'm just too much of a fan of a fast whirling blades to go back ;)

I want a new movement skill to be released! :D
Last edited by whoismiked on Oct 27, 2014, 1:30:44 PM
Saying that culling => 10% faster clearspeed is wrong however
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
whoismiked wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
whoismiked wrote:

Whirling blades

For me personally I find using lightning warp for contant movement clunky, I dont mind using it in say shrine for example for getting past gates and stuff, but I find it too tedious and annoying to spam is 24/7 rather than just holding down the whirling button. Also LW'ing around that much that fast kind of gives me a headache ;/

Also I run a 9 aura build and do not want to drop anything for LW setup

Also even with the LW-FC-RD setup, I still find whilring to be faster when you have it tied to lvl 4 enhance and FA like I do in my setup

Personally I find using a low linked Barrage setup awful - I much rather carry a 2nd Shav in inventory and just swap it on for bosses. (so 6l single target for maximum boss dps) It lets you make full use of your gem slots all the time, rather than having 3-4 of them tied up doing nothing a majority of the time.

Whirling is definitely faster in most situations. When I use it, it's tied to a lvl5 Enhance (get 23q on your Whirl btw) and it is very fast. If you really want max speed, corrupt your gloves to +1 gems and put the setup in there.

You should not be holding it down though - for maximum speed you need to be animation canceling the 2nd half of the whirl - the canceling is obvious on slow speed whirls, less visible on high speed ones, but the difference is there. Holding it down is a fair bit slower. (you really need to spam hard for high speed whirl to get the optimal speed)

The other benefit of Lightning Warp however is that you can spam a Quicksilver to give you further increases in speed. You do gain slight benefits from it on dagger as you do have interspersed single steps but the gain there is minimal. 100% uptime adrenaline QS makes your Warp go TURBOWARP lol.

"

it's approximate fool
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"

it's approximate fool

I wouldn't even say it's close to 10% :(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Oct 27, 2014, 1:32:34 PM
"
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"

it's approximate fool

I wouldn't even say it's close to 10% :(

it sure is - a group stays together. The Wander has higher group dps than each of the ST players there - standing still, the Wander out dps's them and it's not even close.

You want at least one in any optimised 6man map party.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
Whirling is definitely faster in most situations. When I use it, it's tied to a lvl5 Enhance (get 23q on your Whirl btw) and it is very fast. If you really want max speed, corrupt your gloves to +1 gems and put the setup in there.

You should not be holding it down though - for maximum speed you need to be animation canceling the 2nd half of the whirl - the canceling is obvious on slow speed whirls, less visible on high speed ones, but the difference is there. Holding it down is a fair bit slower. (you really need to spam hard for high speed whirl to get the optimal speed)

The other benefit of Lightning Warp however is that you can spam a Quicksilver to give you further increases in speed. You do gain slight benefits from it on dagger as you do have interspersed single steps but the gain there is minimal. 100% uptime adrenaline QS makes your Warp go TURBOWARP lol.

Just comes down to preference then, I do not prefer to micro manage a movement skill with flasks and constant button pushes.

Also you are now comparing 3 gems slots and a flask slot, just for movement, compared to two gems slot only (faster attacks + whirling & no need to carry a quicksilver at all).

Also I am aware of whirling cancel animation and I do do it sometimes but the difference it makes is so slight that sometimes I just rather hold it down and go, it's crazy fast either way.
Last edited by whoismiked on Oct 27, 2014, 2:21:07 PM
Guess optimal party is

Wander
Split Arrow
Spectral Thrower
Auramancer(let rest of the builds focus less on auras)
Charge Generator
Discharger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info