Forsaken master spawn rate

Remember when the ysaid it won't be like in MMOs? Har Har.

I can't seem to even get 1 past 4 lvl, so yeah it will be like enpower leveling - only grinders can.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Aug 23, 2014, 11:13:42 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Remember when the ysaid it won't be like in MMOs? Har Har.

I can't seem to even get 1 past 4 lvl, so yeah it will be like enpower leveling - only grinders can.

Defeatist much? I've played for about 10 hours since launch; got 2 masters at level 4, 3 at level 3, and the stupid weaponsmith at level 2 (WHY YOU NO SPAWN). This is running mostly solo.

Put in just a tiny amount of time, and you'll get mid-level masters with virtually no effort. Hell, there are people at level 7 already. If that can happen in under 72 hours since launch, it's hardly "grinders only".
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Hmm, I played arround 12 maps today and haven' found a single Master.
Yesterday it worked way better.

I really don't get why EVERYTHING is this game has to be determined by randomness.
Like... at least build in some brakes... if you haven't seen a Master since 3 or 4 entered Areas, in the next one you'll find one for certain.
I'm not sure if I'm happy with it, after a day of grinding maps and levelling a character to 60 since the expansion I haven't gotten a master to level 2 yet. It still has the path of exile RNG about it.
Last edited by WhenGingersAttack on Aug 23, 2014, 12:51:10 PM
Ive played for 24 hrs since launch, lvl 56 shadow summoner. From what ive seen just starting act 1 merciless.

Haku 5 times act 1 normal.. 1 act 2 normal.. 0 act 3 normal
0 acts 1..2..3. cruel

Voricci 2 times act 1 normal (ledge) 0 act 2-3 normal.... act 3 only in cruel

Erelon 6 time act 1 normal 3 times act 2 normal 0 act 3 normal 0 acts 1.2.3 cruel

Catriona 7 times act 1 normal 5 times act 2 normal 3 times act 3 normal
4 times act 1 cruel 1 time act 2 cruel 1 time act 3 cruel

Vagan.. None act 1.2.3 normal 4 times act 2 cruel

Tora..7 times act 1 normal.. 3 times act 2 normal 0 act 3 normal...3 times act 1 cruel
2 times act 2 cruel and 2 times act 3 cruel

trying to find a pattern on where to find them ..Catriona seems to be in crypts

Tora in the wilds or caves

erelon voricci random

Haku out doors.

hope this helps although I agree they need to up the spawn and rep.

I've farmed Masters quite a bit over the past few days. I'm at work now though, so no more time for that yet. I think the master spawn rate is somewhere around 1:5 chance to spawn in a non-map zone and somewhere around 1:2 chance to spawn in maps. They're definitely more common in maps.

I haven't confirmed/tested this, but I believe the higher level zone it is, the more rep you get for it. So doing A1 Normal runs is going to net you a lot less rep per mission than running, say, level 78 maps. However, you're probably going to encounter more masters since you won't be clearing things like in maps. If you had a large enough stockpile of 66 maps, it might be worth running those and not clearing any mobs. I'd bet you can level masters very quickly that way.

Alternatively, for those of us looking for a more cost-effective way to run them quickly, Tidal Island seems very popular. In Merciless, it's a level 58 zone. I have noticed quite a few public parties (and joined a few) in Act 1. The concept is this:

Public party joins up to 6 people all of which run separate instances of Tidal Island. Make the full loop (or, if you're able/willing, keep recreating instances until one takes a long time to load. It's similar to farming Corrupt areas in that regard). Once someone in the party finds a master, they call it in party chat and open a TP. Everyone joins their instance, completes the mission, then back to running Tidal separately. I got Haku and Elreon to level 6 and all the others (barring Zana who is Map-Only) to level 5 by doing this for about 8 hours total between the past 2 days.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
leto2626 wrote:
So what do you want, that you get level 8 with a master after a few hours of play? Come on man ...

You think someone will get over 1 million exp in a few hours?
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
This would have been a good spot to show some player skills for higher master ranks.

Grinding is always bad.
There shouldn't be anyone complaining X master doesn't spawn enough, or the exp is too low.
The whole idea behind masters should be that the player passes tests provided by them,
allowing them too to master certain aspects of the game, and reaching new crafting levels and unlocking better vendor pages at the masters.

I puke a little in my mouth when I think about some retarded kid who grinds 37h/day to get every master to max lvl... without ever having to figure out a challenging puzzle, or complete any other skill required task. Just like wow, fucking grind grind grind reputation and unlock all the goods...

Master *reputation* should be earned with skills, not just showing up 9000 times over 3 months daily with a iq of shitfucknothing.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Grinding is not always bad. But blocking access to basic features is. The ability to craft, and recraft, items that are level appropriate gear is a basic feature of Masters. They deny this basic functionality behind a wall.
Well, Chris was right, it isn't like in MMOs. In MMOs, you don't have to search for quest givers, then hope you get the right one, then hope it is a mission you can do.

Ah well, I think after these temp leagues I will just play the regular HC league, because farming masters every 3-4 months from scratch won't be fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info