[1.3] HvR's Crit Shockwave 3M Beyond Witch - Beginner Friendly - Atziri Down

A few questions:

1) What is the purpose of 3 different flasks with Curse Immunity?
2) Is the mobility really good enough considering there's no Quicksilver Flask?
3) How often do you self-cast Enduring Cry and how useful do you find it, especially when it's linked to Reduced Duration and no Faster Casting?..
4) Is a Granite really not necessary?
5) Are you going to post that 60 points progression of the build? I don't need it anymore, but it'll be nice to have for other people

-EDIT:

I played and learned this build well enough to answer these myself:

1) You don't really need 3 flasks of Curse Immunity. You want at least 2. You have a flask Of Heat and a flask Of Staunching. I'd use 1 flask to dispel Shock and 2 Curse Immunity to make sure you can survive Ele Weakness, Assassin's Mark, Silence, etc
2) For HC you don't really need a Quicksilver because you won't be running into giant packs balls-out like a madman.
3) Enduring Cry with conjunction with CWDT+Immortal Call is what allows this build to not need a Granite flask. This combo is your 'oh shit' against physical damage, allowing you ~3 seconds of Physical immunity. Use it generously around big packs.
4) Yeah, as stated above.
5) I guess nope, because he rerolled a new character...
Last edited by Zoxjib on Sep 8, 2014, 6:31:37 AM
"

Q: Is this build expensive?
You can play this build 100% self found. The only items I bought are Cloak of Defiance (for MoM keystone, costs around 1.5-3ex unlinked), divinarius (1.5-2.5ex - this item is NOT mandatory*), atziri's foible (2-5c), and maligaros (7-15c).

So is this build viable for Beyond w/o CoD, or does it require at least CoD, which is pretty expensive.
Got a question, isnt spell echo better for ice spear than faster casting ? pls explain why did you choose faster casting instead
IGN: GhostShard / Fujitora / AstralWalker
"
Slash wrote:
Got a question, isnt spell echo better for ice spear than faster casting ? pls explain why did you choose faster casting instead

I assume he's chosen Faster Casting because Spell Echo would roll 2 non crits if you don't crit, Faster Casting rolls each time since it's not repeated.
IGN shdowe
"
"
Slash wrote:

I assume he's chosen Faster Casting because Spell Echo would roll 2 non crits if you don't crit, Faster Casting rolls each time since it's not repeated.

yea you have a point but its so easy to crit with 2nd form of ice spear anyway i`m gonna wait for havoc to answer also
IGN: GhostShard / Fujitora / AstralWalker
As someone who has tested and is playing dual critwave the reason you don't use echo is slower casting and getting locked in place for the 2nd spell effect. This build is built around fast mobility and placement as it isn't very tanKY even with CoD. Plus keeping up charges isn't that difficult especially once ice spear and faster cast get quality.
Why dont you use discipline aura for more mana? I dont think you need assassins mark in that 4 link.
There is no other place to put the Assassin's Mark, all sockets are taken.
Discipline aura is used with EB when you need more mana regen, not more mana.
loosely following this build. super fun so far ! A bit worried about survivability but i think it will be okay. if starting fresh i would suggest not worrying about getting to EB so early, and instead rushing more HP nodes.

What do you think of using dark seer with this? The 40% MORE damage is nothing to snuff at, and the blind with faster casting/AoE is pretty amazing. I am using it because I found it but I think there is some great potential with it if you werent going for full crit GG omg mega damage. as a semi support/defensive build it could be really nice in a party. knocking mobs away from people/blinding the whole screen without sacrificing a blind gem.
Last edited by poppawheelie on Sep 3, 2014, 3:49:15 PM
What is your dps without power charges ? I dont want to bother with generating them, is it viable without it ? Or id better go no crit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info