Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Assassin's Mark

Because this has been discussed to death before, including various comments from Mark explaining this behaviour.
Fine I'll find something on Google. :P
Link. On-Kill bonuses are granted to the trap (first post), unless it's Fire Trap's Burning Ground because it's bugged (second post).
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Because this has been discussed to death before, including various comments from Mark explaining this behaviour.
Fine I'll find something on Google. :P
Link. On-Kill bonuses are granted to the trap (first post), unless it's Fire Trap's Burning Ground because it's bugged (second post).

Thanks alot! ;)

"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Does this gem work with VAAL PACT?
this is life gain, not life leech. your life gain doesn't get messed with and can still happen even though you use vaal pact.
So this curse is heavily nerfed compared to critical weakness. Lost crit multi from lvling the gem and the quality bonus. 20/20 assassin's mark has only 39% more critical damage compared to the 79% more of 20/20 critical weakness. Is assassin's mark is still better than something like elemental weakness for spell crit builds? Say something like freezing pulse?
"
hatoblue wrote:
So this curse is heavily nerfed compared to critical weakness. Lost crit multi from lvling the gem and the quality bonus. 20/20 assassin's mark has only 39% more critical damage compared to the 79% more of 20/20 critical weakness. Is assassin's mark is still better than something like elemental weakness for spell crit builds? Say something like freezing pulse?

The old crit multi bonus on Critical Weakness was way too strong on top-end crit builds, hence the nerf. The new curse has less raw power, but it's more versatile: you can use it to maintain your Power Charges (so you can skip Power Charge on Crit and so on), and the life/mana on kill is very useful while levelling up.

I wouldn't use it as a sole curse on an elemental build (too many mobs with high resists), but it could certainly be a good second curse. For a physical crit build, though, you might well take it as your first curse.
Does assassin's mark cause an additional "crit roll" to happen for every enemy caught in an aoe ability? if so, how about for a single target ability that has pierce chance?

for example, lets say i curse a group of enemies with assassin's mark, and then fire frenzy supported by pierce, the pierce rolls true, and 2 enemies cursed with assassin's mark are hit.

so there is an initial crit roll according to the crit chance of my weapon (boosted by any passive crit chance (from both the tree and gear)), then, if the initial crit rolls false, there would be 1 additional rolls from the first enemy hit (at X% chance from assassins mark), and if that roll rolls false, there would be a third and final roll from the 2nd enemy hit(also at X% from assassin's mark)?

Do i have that right?

"
ebouw wrote:
Does assassin's mark cause an additional "crit roll" to happen for every enemy caught in an aoe ability? if so, how about for a single target ability that has pierce chance?

No. You get one crit roll (say d100) per skill activation. But the game remembers the number you rolled, so if you have different crit chances against different targets, it's possible to crit some of them but not others, even with a spell.

For instance, suppose your basic crit chance is 20%, but some enemies are cursed with lvl 10 Assassin's Mark. If you roll a 25, then all the cursed enemies will get hit with a critical strike, but all the uncursed monsters won't.

With attacks, there's also the fact that each defender gets an additional saving roll versus crit, which uses the accuracy/evasion formula. This is pure RNG and is rolled independently for each defender.
"
Incompetent wrote:
No. You get one crit roll (say d100) per skill activation. But the game remembers the number you rolled, so if you have different crit chances against different targets, it's possible to crit some of them but not others, even with a spell.

For instance, suppose your basic crit chance is 20%, but some enemies are cursed with lvl 10 Assassin's Mark. If you roll a 25, then all the cursed enemies will get hit with a critical strike, but all the uncursed monsters won't.

hmm.. okay. so lets suppose i have an innate crit chance of 20% and i fire an aoe attack. 4 monsters are caught in the aoe, and 3 of the 4 are cursed by level 10 assassins mark. for the 1 monster that is not cursed, my chance of critting is about 20% (minus some because of the saving roll) and for the cursed monsters the chance of critting is ~20% + 8% from the curse.

if the crit roll is successful for the cursed monsters, then all of them will be struck critically (except if they are saved by the save-roll), and the monster that is not cursed is rolled indepentently of them?

sorry if i have repeated a lot of what you just explained, I'm still trying to understand. :)
"
ebouw wrote:
if the crit roll is successful for the cursed monsters, then all of them will be struck critically (except if they are saved by the save-roll), and the monster that is not cursed is rolled indepentently of them?

The non-Cursed monsters use the same Crit roll.

Against uncursed monsters, your Crit range is 1-20. Cursed monsters add +8% to their maximum, for a Crit range of 1-28. Both monsters will check against the same Crit roll, but one is more likely to be Crit than the other. A roll of 22 would only Crit against Cursed monsters. A 5 Crits against everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info