Herald of Ash

What exactly is the benefit for overkill? A monster with like 10 hp left, and you do 100 damage and 90 damage is obviously the over kill. The monster will die regardless. So I don't quite understand the reasoning behind over kill. Is it to make you feel better that the monster experienced more pain?
Permanent Hardcore only.
What are the best Supprt gems for HoA?
I use it with reduced mana cost and Elemental Proliferation.
What else should I add? My character is a Groundslam Marauder btw. And Heavy Strike for Single Target, like bosses.
"
Massimoto228 wrote:
What are the best Supprt gems for HoA?
I use it with reduced mana cost and Elemental Proliferation.
What else should I add? My character is a Groundslam Marauder btw. And Heavy Strike for Single Target, like bosses.

Maybe try Increased burning damage gem, just put it on mine. Not sure if it will actually increase dps but it the tooltip says it works.
Inc Burning is fantastic, especially if you don't have a lot of Increased Fire/Burning Damage yet.
Increased AoE Radius is a bunch of fun. It also applies to Prolif's range!
HoA+Reduced mana+Elemental prolif+Increased burning damage.

This setup with my Facebreaker Cyclone character makes mapping so easy. No more running after stray monsters, just let them burn to death. Cuts my clear speed in half.

Not to mention is simply adds a nice DPS boost for very little.

Love this gem, it seems a bit overpowered, especially if you (like my char) do a shitton of single target damage.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Imho kinda unfair it does apply only to attacks and not all abilities. Could be kinda build enabling...

Herald of Ice applies to abilities aswell.
I would really ask you to rework the aura effects or at least give players the ability to turn them off. The Heralds significantly reduced the amount of fun I can have with PoE because they turn every single spec into the same messy, overloaded with effects clusterfuck. This takes away any unique appeal builds have from a visual standpoint.

No matter what melee spec I run, I will want to run HoA for maximum efficiency. The old auras didnt do this. Haste wasnt noticeable on the screen, neither were Hatred, Anger or Wrath. Heralds just turn the game into an utter mess. Maybe its intentional because a lot of skills lack weight and by flooding the screen with effect youre trying to distract from that fact. But please, at least provide the option to turn off these obnoxious effects. Youre basically running around with two giant snowballs as gloves.
I'm inclined to agree. I remember the original Auras were changed precisely because they obscured the character too much, and honestly? Not sure if they were more or less obscuring than Heralds currently are.
[Deleted]
Last edited by Quoll73 on May 7, 2015, 3:56:04 AM
It seems that skill is not working properly if used with Pyre ring. Had very clever idea to use it to get solid dps boost by swaping all that hatred cold damage to fire for my bild but it disabled herald of ash...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info