[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

"
Curtsie wrote:
Hi, loving the build so far, was wondering what gems would you say would be the most important to get to 20% quality first? I already have fire trap at 20%

Thank you.

Burning dmg gem for chance to ignite. Chance to ignite for fire dmg boost. Fire pen for dmg boost, but it's not used until 6L in my case.
is it okay to use doryani's invitation (fire) for this build?
"
xyzcxz wrote:
is it okay to use doryani's invitation (fire) for this build?

not worth it, better use a decent rare with life/arm, the fire leech/ fire dmg its useless at this points
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
You suggested the Templar start, I'd like to build a Shadow for it. Reasonable? What changes if I just take the Elemental Damage Nodes at Shadow and leave out some %life/mana of Templar start?

This is next for a new Shadow of mine :-)

For a headstart, I already got me late x-mas presents:

And now I just have to reach my goal on the witch to start it :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jan 6, 2015, 4:12:13 AM
hello
I've got a few questions:
where do you get her the supporters gems?
I am absolutely new to the game and really do not understand much I'm now lvl 25 and have the firetrap gem and dont know how to get the others

anyone has some tips for me how I should start at the top? or simply first continue leveling up

regards gungrave
"
Chronodroid wrote:
You suggested the Templar start, I'd like to build a Shadow for it. Reasonable? What changes if I just take the Elemental Damage Nodes at Shadow and leave out some %life/mana of Templar start?

This is next for a new Shadow of mine :-)

For a headstart, I already got me late x-mas presents:

And now I just have to reach my goal on the witch to start it :D

ill make a tree for shadow, but i dont recomend at all, with templar, its easier to get life/aoe/fire dmg nodes earlier, as shadow you just go into dmg and some life.
Totems for life!
"
Gungraveee wrote:
hello
I've got a few questions:
where do you get her the supporters gems?
I am absolutely new to the game and really do not understand much I'm now lvl 25 and have the firetrap gem and dont know how to get the others

anyone has some tips for me how I should start at the top? or simply first continue leveling up

regards gungrave

the support gems you get from quest rewards, you can check here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards.
also, save some currency if you wanna get all gems needed, go to trade chats, send WTB ----- for 1/2 alch and you get all u need.

for tree tree, focus on life and the DEX nodes to sustain firetrap lvl, dont need to take lot of dmg nodes in early stage of the build, firetrap its strong, just link with chance to ignite + ele prolif
Totems for life!
few questions if you have some time. why do you take the 2 int nodes by light of divinity instead of it and the cast speed node?

ive found it fairly smooth going so far just hit lvl 50 and am looking at upgrades for the future in bloodlines and im trying to level up artic armour as i get the mana regen like i should but how do i prevent some of the incoming damage from my sloppy trap setting / desync / lag just play it safer and drop 1 and lead them into the traps or throw at the pack and pot/avoid the incoming damage as i progress towards merciless and into maps
Divinity of light: Good point, in the end it is one more point used up going there and all u get is str instead of int which is an okay upgrade but not too much. Spell dmg and traps, im not sure if it is worth it using up +1.

AA: Get it, it is your best defense. Also use a higher level CWDT, u really only need it for leaper and chargers but they hurt big time.

Upgrades: Got searing touch? Also, granite flasks help a lot, if u struggle maybe just use 2of em.
Last edited by halfzw4re on Jan 7, 2015, 2:34:23 AM
Playing something lil more defensive or rather say experimental as higher lvl mapping 77-79 usually = party. Set up kind of defensive that can scale of party auras :)

Dps solo is ok no probs clearing 75-76 maps solo.. higher maps too expensive to run from my budget lol. Dps on tooltip is surpsingly low but as i said seems to suffice.

Kinda due to socket limitation I run 6L trap in chest and 4L flameblast to pesky rares etc in gloves until I find appropriate shoes with chaos res...

Considering Doryani Catalyst for lower lvl maps for faster clear as incomming dmg on those isn't as much as on 77+ on certain mods.

TO THE POINT.

I run Clarity > AA
Purity of Fire to counter any potential reflect (which never really happens as I dont hit hard enough)
Purity of Lightning (due to unique chest > mitigation)

and Herald of Lightning and Ice to bolster dps (due to heavy respec on defensive / hp nodes)

Puts me on 85 fire res 84 Lightning res and 79 cold res, -14 Chaos res (which will be more if i find good rare shoes or / and belt)
Still keeping EB and IR (which is really nice to have in party with just someone else running grace bumps me to 12k + armor preflask...)

and

U Stance (yes stun immunity <3)

about 5.5 k hp with this gear

So I kinda felt like it didn't really mattered if I did 123456789 dps in 6 man party everyone put some deeps on the table, what usually made mapping kinda stressful was spiky incomming dmg due to mods / encounters..

You don't say NO to hard maps do you ? We all love IIQ and phat lewtz.

So I found this bummer for 2C on poe trade (which combined with lvl 2+1 empower lets me run lvl 25 AA)

Then I found this for 6c linked:

Then I bled and wept 700 ~ ish fusings to make this ( thank you RNGesus)

Rest of gear:

5.5 k hp
6.2k pre anything armor
lvl 25 AA ( which can be higher via corruptions and empower lvling up , if I find a way to bolster my mp higher then it is...)
85/79/84/-14 (chaos gonna be higher working on it XD)
Stun immunity
Freeze Immunity (Alpha's)
319 hp regen
339 mp regen (needs to go up, there is tiny mp degen noticable from AA but it doesn't seem to fall off, if I want AA higher gonna need more...)

Current passive tree:
ba dum tss.

Dps is kinda low.. gems are still lvling and only viable way to take it higher is Catalyst. Coz that ele dmg works for your heralds too and scales pretty damn well.

Next 2 points taking 14/12 % Elemental damage nodes by Templar then I take bunch of hp nodes and thats it.

So as a trade of big chunk of damage I've become ultra tanky, if anyone runs vitality in your party , you PROFIT! Same goes for grace determination etc...

If I ever get my hands on lvl 4 Empower I am probably gonna switch to Catalyst for more deeps and try to cater more mp regen of better rings or maybe some very high ES gloves or shoes ... dunno.

IT FEELS TANKY ! (got slapped by vaal and didn't die not using flasks lol, it did hurt Dx )

Edit:

What is gone from set up is molten shell no spare sockets and its inferior to E cry which is now lvl 5 on cwdt fueling I call.

On a side not you can do this with just 4L... on a very low budget idk about bloodlines but there are TONS of +3 cold gem on tormeent that are 1 h and are in 1-5 c range....

L Coil is very very cheap too you can get 4l good hp roll for 4-5c..

Saffell's peanuts too...

Must say flameblast is pretty damn strong even for 4L set up with that little dps nodes or boost of gear... I don't even have conc effect just using spell echo + faster casting to drop is quick + fire pen (hell yeah its amazing) and inc aoe radius nodes make it cover pretty damn big area too you can hit stuff off screen XD (piety ? lol)

That ele weakness being experimental too its lvling... since my flamma is 20/20.. Flammability probably would be better for Flameblast to increase chance to ignite since my fire trap has 54% chance to ignite and seems to do da thing on packs flameblast just having 30% but it hits twice due to echo, still I think flammability would probably help on where it matters ( for solo gameplay)

So if you were to play this not as dpsive but far tankier set up aimed for lvling and mapping in a party you could build 4L gear about 2 ex.. or even less ...

Yes you can play with out Alpha's and use rare helmet with res and tons of hp / es to feed mp regen, you will need anti freeze flask tho and you probably won't be able to run 2 Heralds ... just one maybe.. Clarity and Purity of Fire and Lightning are imperative for this build. First one puri enesures combined with AA u never ever suffer for reflect from flameblast ( yes tested on - max res ele ref maps) , second one synergizes with L coil and helps counter -60% that comes off chest as replacement for grace :d There are times I swap in herald of ice for purity of ice I am doing maps with extra ice cold dmg + - 20+ max res.

I need to rebalance my resists a little since I have far too much overcapped fire and lightning and am lacking on cold res by 13% to be able to ignore elemental weakness mod soloing.. Not a problem in parties there is usually someone running purity of ice.

Failed both my 20/20 fire trap gems on corruption :( Perhaps flameblast goes 21 in the future...

Also if you plan to play fire trap build make yourself a favor...
once you made your chara get 2 low lvl weeapons with GGGGGG and stuff them with fire trap gems so you end up having 7 x 20/20 and have more tries on lvl 21 fire trap... lvl 21 makes a difference for DPS. I have to get those :v .

Edit:
Bought this for mere 6 c ;o
Had low implicit but with 1 blessed brought it up to speed .. Cant use it yet until I find new shoes and get ma res rebalanced to see what I am short of... If I magically find some really good shoes I might as well craft it trap dmg xD. Puts me close to 5.6k hp

Last edited by maotzu on Jan 7, 2015, 4:45:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info