[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

Well, i trust the wiki on numbers, since I don't have comparable ones yet

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Purity_of_Fire

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Purity_of_Ice

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Purity_of_Lightning

from lvl 20 to lvl 22 they don't change the max resistance, only +resistance.

Yeah, leapers are annoying. But I'm trying to hold'm off with something like Frostwall or that vaal Molten Shell combo :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
You are right, i got a lvl21 purity of lightning and my purity of fire is only 19 (soon to be corrupted:D)thats why i did different results.
I didnt think about it further since i made the item choice depending on endgame gear.

Your totally right not using alphas, even though i really like cnbf and -reserved so even with 20purities or more importantly while leveling those up its a nice bonus.
I am also getting +10mana regen from +2clarity which helps a lot maintaining AA (i am not able to fully maintain it if im using herald and move around a lot looting but as soon as clarity hits 20 i will be).
You need to have your purities corrupted to lvl 21 in order to have them lvl 23 with Alpha's ,its when it makes a difference. Kinda hard to run 2 purities, high lvl clarity and 2 heralds with only Templars aura nodes, if you were to stick to more dpsive build that includes shadow side of the tree you could bridge via north between witch and shadow and take that small aura cluster for lil reduced mana reservation and maybe get away with rare helmet with hp instead of alpha's.

If I were to run some super budget setup up I would just use Saffel's and +3 ice gem scepter for high lvl AA run one Purity dependent on map mods and maybe if map was highly unfavorable for flameblast reflections via half regen, - high max res + % monster damage then I would either use Enfeeble to reduce reflect and never full cast it (2-4 stacks only) or just use cold snap with trap and prolif to freeze shit everywhere which doesn't hit as much as flameblast but does not reflect.

I use one curse.. Kinda hard to get good shoes in the end :( there was one godlike pair and overnight when I slept they sold X_____x and I would never dare to corrupt them if I bought them, was about 2 weeks I've been waiting for good shoes to show up on poe trade... Wouldn't really want that foible corrupted unless I could still get enough mp regen towards AA which I can't with my current gear (due to the damned shoes).

If you don't have latency issues like random time outs or heavy fps drops you shouldn't be dying to anything unless you do something silly. Dunno never had problems with dps solo on maps... toss trap / curse and keep running XD, pretty much as long as I got charges in granite I take almost everything in my face (apart of obvious nukes like vaal slam , god's touch etc nobody really face tank for no particular reason lol). But any rhoas any physical exiles, flameblast exile, any exile, as long as mods are not highly favorable to multiply incoming damage then just pop pots and face tank. Ah and watch out for torment spirit of course possessed exiles on hard modes can hit surprisingly hard lol, had sporker and igna in 76 map with - max res and there was spirit and it fused with sporker and 3 of my party members got zap nuked like flies lel.

Fire trap builds are awesome much flex ;o
Such options.
FLEEEEEEEEEEEEX!! \o\ /o/ \o\

Edit: Only scenario higher dps actually helps is when you do maps with 75% fire res and fracture ( I did those too and its where more dps would help clearing trash), I wouldn't say 75% fire res mod is generally worth time, If you actually decide to do that mod as in general then swap flameblast for something else like FP or ice nova or cold snap... whatever really

^

And this is why I like my tree that is not really focused on 1 element I swap few gems and I got solutions to map mods :).

Ele dmg nodes ftw.
Last edited by maotzu on Jan 20, 2015, 2:21:57 PM

Maybe u feel lucky, using enough currency u could craft your perfect shoes:D
No.... I've tried that with left over stacks of exalts and eternals on standard and RNG hates me..

But shoes like:

30% MS
80~ hp
mid high 28+ chaos res
and 2 40+ ele res

COMES REALLY ONCE IN A WHILE.

and I missed them T^T

But then again was just my personal agenda to improve chaos res since overcapping elemntal res running 2 purities was not that hard...

I couldn't care less for armor% / es % / ev % or hybrid mods and if it actually was there it would have to be around 140% to be somewhat jaw dropping.
I do not know about your gear, but my ideal boots have 30movement,89life, %armour(best prefix after speed and life) and 45cold res, 50dex(which frees up powerfull ring slots and of course 30dex nodes), str/chaos/lightning/fire res.

I agree that %armour could be the least of the mods...thats my boots they were cheap and i need the 29dex

BTW dex, how do u think about the
?
I feel like it really is a mandatory piece, can´t even imagine the stats a rare would have to have to compensate for
this is the best that i found and i dunno, would you (all) exchange life and maybe take one or two more regen nodes to support lvl21 AA?
Hey hey!!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcHHgj0DkgRlhJpFm8XHBhlGjgabB8CJKomlScvKPopTyqNMjQ2xTbYNuk6WDwFPV9Bh0V8RZ1G10kbSVFMs1JTU1JVS1XGW6Bd8mHiY_1o8mpDaxdtGXF5cYV65nwOfll_xoIegpuCx4Pbh2WMNpBVlSCVLpeVl5eX9Jo7muCdY52uogCio6SxpwinVayYr7exQrQ4tz64k7zqwBrAVMHz2CTYvdsL4XPjauQi5Rnljuvu7DjsVe988B_w1fFs8xH56Pv1_go=

For reference :) Super fun, super Shadow build, super smooth, lvl 82 and hitting 85 this week very easily.

most problems so far I had with Arc-Mages and leapers (goatmen and the blue leaping deamons).

Since I will be 5/8 this week too, I'd try this build in Bloodlines, but without Searing.

Is there some intel on a Bloodlines guide? I'll run Templar for early HP this time, but gear wise, I'd like less offense for much more defense, aiming high armor / HP / mitigation.

I was thinking Cloak of Flames perhaps, but wasn't sure. Mao / Maawk? :D heelp

I have zero budget in Bloodlines, will be my first HC toon in PoE, so has to be cheap/affordable too :)

Is a searing-bond in a +2 fire sceptre a good addition for my leaper-problem? I'd run it as pure damage soaker. Toss Searing, curse the leapers, toss traps. Searing linked with smth like +MinionTotemRes and inc burning.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jan 27, 2015, 2:08:23 AM
I just wanted to post my build here so you can see some more options. This has been my most fun (and OP) build I've played so far. I'm in bloodlines, so it's a little more defensive. Saffell's for spells, CWDT + Immortal call for the phys. This keeps me pretty safe. I use the flame totem for a distraction and extra DPS when needed.

Gear:

I have almost enough dex to drop the Foible, just need to find a replacement. I'll probably drop the Pyre soon as well (along with the Herald of Ice) and replace it with some +% fire dmg/ +Life items.
Last edited by xanderby on Jan 27, 2015, 10:47:57 PM
Can this build do 77-78 maps efficently and quickly with only a 5-link searing touch? If it can i'm definitely going to respec my templar into this.
"
Can this build do 77-78 maps efficently and quickly with only a 5-link searing touch? If it can i'm definitely going to respec my templar into this.

yes u can, soon there's the new skill tree coming out, i will be trying update as soon i can!
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info