[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
leon171717 wrote:
Can a noob get a leveling guide through the skill tree? ;_;

Do as the OP suggests and move through the passive skill tree as stated in his first post. Remember to prioritize life nodes. Damage nodes are not important until late in the build, so bypass those until you have most of the life nodes.

Personally I went straight south after Quickness and then eventually(level 50 or so)linked up the line that he shows going from the north to south sides of the tree. I then used passive resets to remove the stuff south of Quickness that I didn't need. Because I used Bino's I made sure to have Adder's Touch at level 65 and then immediately picked up the Acrobatics nodes.

This is about how my tree looked at level 50 http://tinyurl.com/oxtspkj

Once you link up that eastern line you get 3 points back to put where ever you need.

I leveled it pretty easily just using a good dagger base for my level (I tended towards slower bases to avoid mana issues while leveling which is no longer a problem after getting Mind Drinker)and using the vendor recipe to give it phys%. In my offhand I used a rolled sceptre(only changed twice between level 20 and 75) with 20% implicit ele dmg and rolled it with alts a few times until getting some combo of global crit, crit multi, ele damage with weapons, life gain on hit, and accuracy. This gave me really nice damage output while levelling and it is pretty easy to level defensively. Just over level by a couple for Malachai's fights and you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Once you pick up all life nodes pick up the damage nodes according to which ones will help the most.

One thing that isn't in his tree that must be noted is that once you get to end game and have a good dagger you will want to pick up Vaal Pact unless of course you choose to use Bino's.

If you have any defensive issues while levelling enduring cry self-cast can help along with enfeeble.

That should be enough advice to get you into mapping. Have fun

EDIT: P.S. Keep in mind that until you actually pick up dagger specific passives you can use any reave compatible weapon.
Last edited by UnholyVagabond66 on Aug 17, 2015, 5:58:40 AM
How do you calculate the dps properly. The tooltip says 623k but I'd like to know how close that is to the real output.
"
Calathan198 wrote:
Spoiler
"
fkfkfk100 wrote:
Hello, I am new to this build , I have something to ask you guys, Can you guys help me?
1. I dont know which chest should i use...Lighting Coil, Belly , Carcass , Daresso, Volls Protector becasue Im gonna use Abyssus.

2. Which Buff should I use? Im using HoA and Hated,<(120 mana left ) Should I add some more buffs?or 2 is enough. Also Should I use PoF if I want to solo Atziri?

3.How should I link my Reave? is that Reave + Muti+ Melee Phy + Increase Area Effect / Concentrated Effect + (Add Fire Dmg) + (Power Charge on Crit ) But add FD and PCOC I saw someone use faster atk / Increase Crit Dmg/ Chance, I want to ask which DPS is higher? or should I link any other gem?

4. I follow this tree is ok? https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SPPqKgtwUonTcNVd8g5IEZaQG3BWmhPb1AcelS7w1UlRpzT2_EcG2HZW9dtul9COirk-rGYs4X3jnapsjGKs6NabJjIBshnPeiLqLVUWqj3RBX0FtY2_1CMwcd2oS3g6QlFH51Qk_f_ePs-95jB8jX0j9qOKTGAEsZVm7g7vetN-5woKm_zFtxeA4eJeOJYNjYd2459KfQBeGY7tgwgupctNkvajFSAtgxm0vqdgQWNwZU29Nkd-FfZieQAGwuy0xdvnDPJh63pTfXX-uvLhY0MN0YTZ

5. Should I use DW? 1 Dagger+ sheild better ?

If you click through the pages he's actually already answered all of these. If you follow his guide it tells you just about everything you need to know. In fact it answers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you aren't seeing your answering in the guide, try clicking on the spoiler tag and it will you the answer.

Thanks for taking care of that.

"
How do you calculate the dps properly. The tooltip says 623k but I'd like to know how close that is to the real output.

Your actual DPS is dependent on several aspects and can potentially get a bit complex to calculate:
1) Have you taken any DW passives yet?
2) Is the base APS of your reave incompatible weapon higher than your dagger's base APS?
3) Does your reave incompatible weapon have global mods that affect your dps?
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Perhaps you could tell 5L setup for the people without 6L, loath bane and Acuity?
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
5L setup: Reave - Multistrike - IncMeleeDmg - Added Fire - Inc. AoE/PCoC
Gear

Passive Tree
I'm getting Phase Acro next.

I'm guessing you want the dps numbers while wearing a shield?

In town: 119k
With auras/Golem: 173k
With charges: 296k
With flasks: 427k

Death's Hand also gives me Unholy Might giving me 30% of my phys dmg as extra chaos damage on top of this.
"
Gear

You are using a completely different setup than me, so I cannot use my DW calculator for that. My rough estimation of your DPS increase with DW is ~60-65% (not factoring in Unholy Might).

"
What kind of stats should I look for (in a temporary league) for a dagger then?

You want high phys dmg & crit.
"
Well, obviously. But, like, for example, on a bow you want 300 pdps and 8.5 crit. What kind of stats are considered good like that?

phys damage =/= pDPS!

I would aim for 245-255 pDPS and close to 9% crit for a starting dagger and then slowly try to transition to a 270-280 pDPS dagger. Endgame tier is around 320-330 pdPS.
Why arent you using vaal reave?
In maps with small rooms or dead ends it is impossible to keep the Vaal Reave stacks for a decent amount of time and it therefore will only unnecessarily delay your Vaal Haste.
Since 4 stacks of Reave with AoE gem almost cover the full screen, I barely find myself in a situation where the additional AoE would be needed. Also, I like to pick up currencies + rares. However, if a map has a linear layout e.g. Strand, Gorge, Plateau, I often swap in Vaal Reave for speed runs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info