[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
xfatal wrote:
i thought the same to you OP, but my normal ping is about 250 300, it's a little hard to maintain my HP full while combat, it's only full back after i clear the mobs, so to me MDOFL is a waste somehow

btw, my crit is 67% 376%, and i have 2 glove, 1 is rare and 1 is maligaro, which one should i use?

maligaro pushs up to 71% crit and faster attack speed 5%
meanwhile the rare glove gives 220 HP total and 6% acc, and some res

maligaro also gives 7k dps more than rare glove, but i love HP for safe :p

As outlined in the gem setup, MeleeDmgOnFL should only be used if you have enough DPS to kill monsters on max Reave AoE range.
I don't know your totl Hp value so it is hard to giv concrete advice here. If the maligaro is legacy I would use it, otherwise good rare gloves are better.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
here is the things, you have Acuity, meanwhile new starter like me only have some decent gloves, you can instant apply your leech on but i get slower restore so it won't be full HP all the time

my HP is 5k4, dps 46k full 4 power charges 3 frenzy charges, still need about 1 to 2 hit to kill on map 76 77. and every DoT effect can cancel my full HP, it always keep as 5427/5431 blink blink. So while i can't use MDOFL, i have to switch to Blood Rage and rely on its 6% leech (only 2% leech from passive isnt't enough for me)

i really need some advice to stay full HP so i can use MDOFL
Last edited by xfatal on Jan 17, 2015, 5:40:12 AM
Life leech hasn't any impact on the usability of MeleeDmgOnFL. I could use some random rare gloves and take advantage of MeleeDmgOnFL to the ame effect.
The reason for this is: Reave + iAoE radius is huge and basically covers the whole screen and he moment a monster steps into that area it is dead, so I barely get hit at all. In case I take dmg, I can instantly pot 1k+ Hp back, which is faster than any leech can react. With 3% life regen/s from skilltree (resulting in ~150 life/s) common dots of any form are not a problem.
You don't lack leech, you are lacking DPS as it seems that you cannot kill monsters fast enough so that they come into melee range and are actually able to hit you.
will legacy bor work with thjis build?
This build doesn't focus on block, so BoR is kinda useless. The blind+block has some synergy with MeleeDmgOnFL and of course you can use it as a 6L replacement, but a 6L chest (optimally Belly) is superior to BoR.
So first of all I wanna say I'm loving this build, tho I didn't really follow it 100% through. The biggest difference being is that I chose to go with Abyssus and Immortal call set up hence I had to spec a bit higher into scion wheel and increased duration nodes as well as pick up Vaal Pact.
The build isn't really finished as I'm level 86 now and I'm rocking 5k HP as well as 37k damage on Reave without power charges with 56 crit chance. With power charges I get 50k DPS as well as 81% crit chance with it so I'm really loving it and while my luck of finding 75+ maps has been horrible I've done all the maps up to 75 easily so far. Abyssus drawback is almost irrelevant cause I get around 6-7 seconds with only 3 endurace charges on my Immortal Call set up which is more than enough to kill any mob. The biggest issue I've encountered so far is accuracy which I'm sorely lacking in my gear so my hit chance is only 83%. Though I do plan to rectify that and get some gear with accuracy as soon as I gather up some currency since I almost blasted all I had on Bino's.
2 things left that I want to get going in this build are to get a belt that has +1 endurance charge and to get an amulet that gives me an additional curse so I can curse with Assassins' Mark and Enfeeble to make my clear speed and survivability even higher. The build cost me around 8 or so exalts, without Bino's it was 4 exalts. I only got Bino's yesterday but before that I've been using this dagger which cost me an alch orb.

Here is my current gear

Spoiler

Ideally I'd want a 6l Belly to add in either additional Accuracy or perhaps a crit gem not sure yet.

The skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_5oHLvYw2B2MmlWHiVUuxs-1Bpn-1SPPqKgtwUonTcNVd8g5I29SQGxGWmhNwVklR8NWVLgce2-dHBvLhY0N94yzhrGa5Pth2joqX0NtuVvXC7LTF1CMFtVFHjb9eRZLz-utNkiP2jX0wfNaKfyuVZgSxTGCjiiT951TuDv66fXXTfu96CpvnCnjrSn3jn4d2Z6D8xSzp3Q1lTb6nGbTK04TZR369NhUgPycqTc8yWW1fmG6qSsgqOKlutfI1kti9_go=

I know I took some strange nodes like Survavilist while skiping out on things like Heartseeker and Fencing but that is just personal preference. Anyway if anyone can give me any ideas on how I could fix my skill tree to gain some more DPS or life I'd be happy to listen.
Last edited by Badass_Bunny on Jan 19, 2015, 4:33:33 AM
i'd say you have 3 mistakes, correct me if it's not:

- you spend too many point to get to Vaal Pact while with 42k dps i have no problem with reflect (both phy and ele ref) with my Bino

- you skip fencing and heartseecker: on the way to fencing you get 40% crit and heartseeker is 25%crit multi (much dps)

- you skip GolemBlood, on the way there you can get much more HP and dps while holding shield other than travel to Life ring and increase skill effect

other than that, you take mana nodes because you lack of mana because you have bad gem set up
and OP said, Belly+Abyssus = bad combine, i though so too.
Last edited by xfatal on Jan 20, 2015, 5:02:27 AM
Thanks for the input, I've been testing out playing without Vaal Pact a bit and it just doesn't seem safe really to me also I running reflect maps has me dropping down more than half my HP constantly at least for Phys reflect maps since ele reflect is much easier to deal with. I skipped heartseeker since I don't feel the need to have it considering I have a really good clear speed and I felt a node that went into heartseeker was better used on life. Currently I have 591% crit multi and additional 25% is just almost irrelevant.

Since I'm currently level 86 by level 90 I'm planing to pick up Fencing as well I opted not to go into Golem's Blood since it's just a 5% life node when I'm running Vaal Pact and it's inferior the the 3 left side nodes that give me 24% life in the scion wheel.

Also I am not having mana issues really at least not to the point I'd have want to get some mana nodes in the tree. I run Clarity on blood magic for the 50% reduced regen maps just to be safe even though 99% of the time I'm leeching enough to just keep going easily.

Also while I do realize that the ideal set up is Lightning Coil and Abyssus why is Belly bad combination with Abyssus?
Last edited by Badass_Bunny on Jan 20, 2015, 7:26:26 AM
"
Badass_Bunny wrote:

Ideally I'd want a 6l Belly to add in either additional Accuracy or perhaps a crit gem not sure yet.

IncAcc is one of the most awful gems in the game. You should get IncAoE as 6L, it will push this build to a comletely different level regarding clearspeed.

"
Badass_Bunny wrote:

I know I took some strange nodes like Survavilist while skiping out on things like Heartseeker and Fencing but that is just personal preference. Anyway if anyone can give me any ideas on how I could fix my skill tree to gain some more DPS or life I'd be happy to listen.

I can tell you how to fix your tree, but you say at the same time that you don't want to change your odd choices. Get Fencing and Blood Drinker asap, if you want to stay with VP, also get the AS cluster.

Regarding VP: If you skip VP you can actually drop LL gem and still be way overcapped on leech. I don't see any reason why you would need it, especially since you have Bino. With a Belly you can get close to 6k Hp, which means you don't have to be scared of anything (with the exception of few special bosses) - at least if you weren't wearing an Abyssus.

For some reason you heavily focused on WED gear. This is a phys build, so get Added Phys dmg and Acc rings + gloves. Speaking of gloves, you are playing temp league so Maligaro's are not worth it for you.

"
Badass_Bunny wrote:
Thanks for the input, I've been testing out playing without Vaal Pact a bit and it just doesn't seem safe really to me also I running reflect maps has me dropping down more than half my HP constantly at least for Phys reflect maps since ele reflect is much easier to deal with.

In your previous post you claim to counter Abyssus extra dmg with EC, now you are suddenly dropping low and feeling insecure? You seem to contradict yourslelf here.
My advice: Drop suicide helmet
This allowas you to swap LL gem for an additional DPS gem (Crit dmg), drop VP for more Crit/Life nodes (Fencing, Scion wheel, Blood Drinker, etc.) and you will also be overall safer du to the missing drawback, while still overcapping life leech.

Edit: If you really fancy DPS uniques, you can get A Rat's Nest instead of Abyssus. IT provides nice MS and makes it easier to crit cap.
Last edited by candoerfer on Jan 20, 2015, 4:52:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info