OMG's Detonate Dead

"
drob3y wrote:
Nice vid!

tyvm
[‡RTN‡] Remember The Name (Thread #1196726) - Leader
Playing OMGwtfwasthat lvl99/ Detonate dead - (Thread #991083)
OMG's Marketplace - (Thread #708436)
Hi,

I was wandering why no critical strike version? It would seem superior in dps?

I have a pair of acuity and so I was thinking of going crit and drop vaal pact, could get little more spell damage/ES this way, but would not be able to get quite as much mana reservation.

What are your thoughts?

something like this maybe

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYADY0RLxFQFVAV1xcvGYoajxzcHRQdqiGwIvQnqSqNKwosvy1HLpQvbzT3Nbk22D1fRXxGcUcGSRtMs1BCUlNV1lZjXfJfamTnbAttGW-ecLt-WX_GgKSDCYaujDaPRo_6kyeXhZeVl5eX9Juhm7WdY6SxpwinK6yYtAy0OLb3wcXDOspK0NDZE9vn4YjlGeWO7BjsVfFs9tr31_rS-wn79XBSidNw1fLhY0PyHWSd6_XbXlAwEQ_Q9UGWrrMsnAVCh2UQWHF5FxwSaZ2udweHE5yktvr3po5k

and then go bandits like Kill All, Kill All , Help Alira for Power charge.

And this way you can drop chance to ignite from gems as you should not need it or no?

I know the crit % is kinda crappy at 4.5% so with 6 power charges up and that spec I think you are looking at ~33% crit for Det Dead which is kinda bleh right? You can add another 11% or so from Assassin mark.

Would have to do like Ice spear/ power charge on crit to get power charges up, but could easily maintain wiht herald of thunder linked to curse on hit, or Just link to Arc like you do. What do you think?

Is the crit% just to low?
Last edited by Paragon1 on Feb 25, 2015, 3:40:38 PM
Detonate Dead isn't considered a spell and thus isn't affected by spell damage, or for that matter spell critical strike chance/multiplier, thus making it very hard to get a sufficient amount of crit chance or multiplier for a crit Detonate Dead build to be viable.

This also means that your tree wouldn't for Detonate Dead, since all the bonuses specifically applying to spells won't apply to Detonate Dead.
"
Vadler wrote:
Detonate Dead isn't considered a spell and thus isn't affected by spell damage, or for that matter spell critical strike chance/multiplier, thus making it very hard to get a sufficient amount of crit chance or multiplier for a crit Detonate Dead build to be viable.

This also means that your tree wouldn't for Detonate Dead, since all the bonuses specifically applying to spells won't apply to Detonate Dead.

Finnlay some1 who know how dd is working.
I writed million time SPELL DMG only increase ur vaal molten dmg. but ppl just dont want to listen and falow my insturction and trees. so just play guys whatever u want.-
Im rlly tired from question isnt this better, isnt that better. if u think u can make better dd then this one wish u gl just post me ur thread here so i can switch to ur build also
"
doktorhit wrote:
"
Vadler wrote:

Finnlay some1 who know how dd is working.
I writed million time SPELL DMG only increase ur vaal molten dmg. but ppl just dont want to listen and falow my insturction and trees. so just play guys whatever u want.-
Im rlly tired from question isnt this better, isnt that better. if u think u can make better dd then this one wish u gl just post me ur thread here so i can switch to ur build also

lol, fair enough :)

But in all fairness I did read all of your original post and did not see anything that would answer my questions, nor did I see anywhere in your guide any information about spell damage not benefiting DD, however the nice gentleman above answered for me as I was just unaware.

Your guide is very hard to read at some points, and not so much information at times as I wish there was.

The video guide for uber however is wonderful in comparison to the written guide. I think the guide is definitely sufficient enough though, so thanks for sharing your build. I look forward to trying it.

Maybe just don't take questions so personally, allot of people like me just do not always know allot of the game mechanics, specially to builds never played before. You should try to be more patient with people, or at the very least incorporate some of the most answered questions maybe into your guide, like spell damage not applying to DD, that would be something everyone would need to know who plays your build.

Good luck.
if u have build tree for every 5 lvl after lvl 80.
if u have posted what gear u need for build and what gems u need to use... i rlly dunno what do u need more. why u need to know game mechanic. just fallow it if u think its for u, if not play another build. rlly dunno what else i need to explain in may post. U have tree/ gear / gems/ with deathless uber run to see build in action. so i rlly dunno what ppl expecting.
I think that posting a small paragraph explaining how DD works with spell bonuses just below the skill trees would solve the problem immediately ^^
If you have the time, you should also spellcheck your guide and avoid abbreviations, it would make it much more attractive (although the deathless Uber with relatively cheap gear is already very sexy :D) and easier to follow. I could do it for you on my free time if you want :)
Hi i really like you CI DD build looks great , i have a DD build to but not UBER viable is your build (forum guide ) still viable in 1.3 to kill uber atziri?

my ing is killwitches
"
Killhard wrote:
Hi i really like you CI DD build looks great , i have a DD build to but not UBER viable is your build (forum guide ) still viable in 1.3 to kill uber atziri?

The guide has uber vid from 1.3
IGN: HarroHarbinger
SO first off let me say I am loving the build, thank you for sharing.

I am also curious to know what your Detonate Dead tooltip dps is without vaal haste and with the gem setup that you have on your Gear in the guide.

Basically DD -- Chance to Ignite -- Ele Prolif -- Fire Pen- Conc Effect -- Faster Casting

WIth just those gems, no haste, no atziri promise

I am at 7k tooltip and was just wondering how much more I need to shoot for, I am sitting at 6200 ES.

Its just I was wondering how you got so high dps then I realized you did not have chance to ignite in and you had had 240% cast speed from vaal haste.

How would you say my dps is? I am going to get a few more levels then start on atziri.

Thanks again for such a good and fun build.

EDIT:

I kinda figured it out. If I take out chance to ignite like you did then I am sitting at like 9300 dps

and with vaal haste up I had 13.5k DPS. I was just worried that I did not have enough dps, but that seems to be about same as yours if not slightly higher. Just had to turn on vaal haste.

thanks.
Last edited by Paragon1 on Mar 2, 2015, 4:24:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info