[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

Is it a good idea to use herald of ice and lightning for added dmg to totems or the 16% life reserved (assuming lev 20 reduced mana and mortal conviction) is too much for blood magic character?
I personally run Mortal Conviction with reduced mana ,empower on Herald of Thunder and Ice.

Depending on level and gear tho 1 herald of Thunder might be enough though, as you drop to low in life.
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Nov 7, 2014, 3:56:11 AM
How about using Atziri flask for dmg and life leech for totems? Or maybe getting some fire leech on gear?

Also - are u using mirrored ammy (u didn't post amulet)?
Last edited by SteKrz on Nov 7, 2014, 6:25:45 AM

Sorry missclicked the amy I guess.

Leech isnt a really needed for flame totems, as they get recasted more often for repositioning, then they could leach meaningfull life.

Either they are oneshot or I can recast them and save time.

The atziri flask is an option for optimizing burst dps for 4 seconds, but for the atziri instance atleast having multiple uses of diamond flasks is so far more usefull.

This might change in the Uber atziri map later on, I definitely keep that option in mind.
"
wehrberg wrote:
Thoughts on an EB version of this build? I get that using BM negates Infernal Mantle drawback, but let's say you only run Herald of Ice and Thunder, Clarity, and Arctic Armor, wouldn't that still give you enough of a buffer not to get the drawback either? Or would it not be worth it?

I am running an EB version atm (only lvl 79 though) with the aura + AA setup you mentioned i am still well above 'low mana', currently sitting at 289 mreg I could run a high lvl AA later on. Even though it may not be super useful I do like to run a quality AA as an additional defensive layer and did not experience major draw backs so far.

On another topic - what do you guys think about dropping Three Dragons and relying on the shocks from Herald of Thunder instead?
I am currently testing this and in my lvl range it seems to be fine, but I am curious on how that might turn out later on.

kind regards
"

On another topic - what do you guys think about dropping Three Dragons and relying on the shocks from Herald of Thunder instead?
I am currently testing this and in my lvl range it seems to be fine, but I am curious on how that might turn out later on.

kind regards

That is definitally worth Investigating now.

I will try to test different settups in the future, but for the most part id like to find a decent Helmet to swap to first.

Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Nov 7, 2014, 12:33:16 PM
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:

The atziri flask is an option for optimizing burst dps for 4 seconds, but for the atziri instance atleast having multiple uses of diamond flasks is so far more usefull.

How much dps gain is diamond flask? Tooltip reflect this (actually never used diamond flask lol) or we have to calculate it? How much crit chance u have - since u don't use power charges. And again (I hope i'm not too annoying) - atziri's promise is much more spammable (30/60) and chaos ress is nice sometimes, at the cost of one suffix slot for curse immunity or sth.
Last edited by SteKrz on Nov 7, 2014, 3:25:08 PM
"
SteKrz wrote:
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:

How much dps gain is diamond flask? Tooltip reflect this (actually never used diamond flask lol) or we have to calculate it? How much crit chance u have - since u don't use power charges. And again (I hope i'm not too annoying) - atziri's promise is much more spammable (30/60) and chaos ress is nice sometimes, at the cost of one suffix slot for curse immunity or sth.

Yeah the loss of curse immunity or freeze removal is kind of annoying in my opinion.

The Way Diamond flasks work, if I understood it right, it roles you spells/attacks 2 times for a crit.

So in my case I have ~ 36% Crit chance. With diamond flasks the the 64% times that I dont crit have an extra 36% crit chance, ( a third of 64% basically) , which is a little more then 21%.

Those 21% you can add as flat crit chance for the 4.2 Second time period. With 822% crit multi this gives you (21% x 8.22-1.00)=151% More damage for the time the flask is up, on average.

The great advantage of Flame totems is, that they have an absurdly high hit frequency which helps keeping the variance low during the Flask period, while on the Other hand beeing far from easy to crit cap, gaining full advantage of a Diamond Flask.

"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
I recently attempted Uber Atziri on standard and noticed the following things:

- Trash
takes some time but is absolutely doable. Totems get stunned and frozen fast which why recasting them often and fast is neccesary. Nontheless no deaths happened here.
Bottom line - no big issues
- Double vaal boss
cost me 3 lives. Due to basically not beeing able to kill them in one spawn phase you are forced to learn this fight in terms of "dancing" . The spawned adds are high hp and again kill the totems fast and stun/freeze them. More practice will help managing this fight properly.
Bottom line : Doable

- Trio
Lost my 6th attempt when the last boss was at 10% life
Due to high health of the bosses you cant just mow down the titty bitch with a diamond flask, atleast with this settup. You are forced to dance properly and recast your totems tactically.
Placemnt of the kills is paramount as ultimativly having boss 1 and 2 killed at the border of the room caused me to lose my last attempts while dealing with the 3rd boss.

- Atziri
No Attempts yet.
Points of concern :
- Dps for add phase
If not enough damage can be applied the normal phase has to be safely doable to counterbalance that and safely reach the 25% benchmarks

- Split Phase Dodging of the spells is easy when you have the rythm down, biggest concern are the spear shots from split and normal phase.
They are supposed to hit hard and give strong bleeds. The question is, is a spear surviveable and is it possible to play totems to such a degree to block the spears with them consistently.

I theorycrafted a modified different build for uber and have started preparations but i wont be able to finish it properly until the next temp league finished.

I have the impression uber is possible with what i have in mind.
Once i succeed i will post what my idea was. Of once i fail and see that it doesnt work, whatever the result will be. :P

What about dropping ancestral bond? With a soul mantle youd be able to use 2 totems anyway, and you could use either:

Flameblast/flame surge + faster casting + added chaos damage + life leech. 5L + incr. crit damage, 6L + incr. crit chance

or

Incinerate + CoH + Assassins mark + crit chance. 5L + added chaos damage, 6L + crit damage for lvling (totall optional)

Last edited by aitalar on Nov 8, 2014, 5:10:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info