[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

I wanted to share that I managed to kil atziri with a slight variation of this spec on beyond.
I used a Saffels for Double Vaal and Atziri to be extra safe while having 9.3k tooltip dps with 5.6k life and Trio with 5.1k life and 13.6k dps.

The Only hard part of the Apex is the Split phase where with bad rng you need to be able to dodge decently for a good amount of time but after some practices on standard with 4.2k life I managed to get the hang of it.

Concerning the build i specced out of the power charges for more life/Damage without having to stand still for ice spears. I feel for solo play or in small groups this is superior as ice spears slow you down if every mob dies instantly anyway.

So bottom line, This build is Atziri viable, but more vulnerable to mistakes.
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
I wanted to share that I managed to kil atziri with a slight variation of this spec on beyond.
I used a Saffels for Double Vaal and Atziri to be extra safe while having 9.3k tooltip dps with 5.6k life and Trio with 5.1k life and 13.6k dps.

The Only hard part of the Apex is the Split phase where with bad rng you need to be able to dodge decently for a good amount of time but after some practices on standard with 4.2k life I managed to get the hang of it.

Concerning the build i specced out of the power charges for more life/Damage without having to stand still for ice spears. I feel for solo play or in small groups this is superior as ice spears slow you down if every mob dies instantly anyway.

Are you using blood magic or auras? Care to post your skill tree and gear?

I'm currently level 60 following this guide, except I didn't spec into power charges either. I just find while my damage is really good I don't have much survivability.
Last edited by outerworld on Oct 2, 2014, 5:52:14 PM
"
outerworld wrote:
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:

Are you using blood magic or auras? Care to post your skill tree and gear?

I'm currently level 60 following this guide, except I didn't spec into power charges either. I just find while my damage is really good I don't have much survivability.

Im Using Bloodmagic aswell:

Here is the gear im using

Im switching to the life saffels settup for double vaal and Atziri, and i Use the diamond flask for vaal and trio.

Skill tree:http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wMeBAcEswVCBiMHHgelDkgPxBGWFCAUTRRxFm8WvxiRGjgabB8CH0EkqiThJpUnLyftKU8qCyoTLJwspy0fMok2xTbpOlg7fEGWSVFJskrETLNQR1RJVUtVtVXGV-JZ81orXfJfP2HiZJ1sFnBScNVyqXhpf8aCEIPbhxmJ04w2jmSP-pBVlSCVLp2uns2iAKKjo_KkrKcIpzCnhKyqrrO1SLb6uMq8n8AawQTB89D12CTfsN-_42rjn-Qi6hjr9ew47w7wH_DV8h3yL_Pq9q73Mvem-Ov7RfxL

Before i tried to go for Atziri I tried to go for more Damage and peaked at 15k tooltip with 4.6k life at lvl 92.

Your survibility is rather low thats true, but you have to focus on your totems as your "tanks".
For solo play the damage scaling will reach a point very fast where the totems just melt everything before it becomes close to a threat.

And ofcourse for that totem levels and quality do matter, so it gets better the further you get.

Edit: just to clarify I dont use any Auras nor Herald of ice. I just level it to test it later with Mortal Conviction.

So far it seems it might be a decent choice to switch between a more tanky settup to a more damage settup on demand without having to respecc like 7-8 points.
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Oct 2, 2014, 6:00:17 PM
Gratz on Aziri man. Well done!

I'm lvl84 and using almost the exact same build. I did go for HoI with mortal conviction and it's probably the best DPS boost any single node can give for this build :)

Without HoI I have about 5,3k life and with mortal conviction and reduced mana (my gems are lvl18/19) there is 420 life reserved so just under 4,9k. I went from 4L to 5L and lvl19 on my main gems on the same day and tooltip DPS increased 41% from 2689 to 3792. This also gives me the ability to swap in an item rarity gem (for crit damage) if I just wanna do a few docks runs or catacombs.

I also skipped the power charge nodes as I don't need it and if there are tougher mobs or bosses I just spam ice spear a bit for 3 charges to speed things up a little. Ofcourse having 8 or 9 charges up and using the 4% spell damage per charge and/or void batteries does give a huge DPS boost but that is something I can always do later on if I'm still alive.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Gratz on Aziri man. Well done!

I'm lvl84 and using almost the exact same build. I did go for HoI with mortal conviction and it's probably the best DPS boost any single node can give for this build :)

Without HoI I have about 5,3k life and with mortal conviction and reduced mana (my gems are lvl18/19) there is 420 life reserved so just under 4,9k. I went from 4L to 5L and lvl19 on my main gems on the same day and tooltip DPS increased 41% from 2689 to 3792. This also gives me the ability to swap in an item rarity gem (for crit damage) if I just wanna do a few docks runs or catacombs.

I also skipped the power charge nodes as I don't need it and if there are tougher mobs or bosses I just spam ice spear a bit for 3 charges to speed things up a little. Ofcourse having 8 or 9 charges up and using the 4% spell damage per charge and/or void batteries does give a huge DPS boost but that is something I can always do later on if I'm still alive.

HoI is best used at early gear levels that true. The relative gain is really strong there.

Unfortunetally it doenst scale THAT good. for comparison my dps goes from 13.6k to 15.3k with it which I feel is not allways worth it for 7% life. Its a something you can adjust on the fly though, which is nice. Lvl 19 HoI without Quality btw.

Also tried to see if I can get the shatter somehow working but effectively you would need to use added lightning instead of added chaos which I dont like to much..

Can't wait for the planned Herald of Lightning and Chaos and see how those interact.

Wat shall I roll on it? 15-19% fire damage or crit chance for spells?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I would allways prefer Crit chance, because of the shocking and the scaling with crit multi that will come over time.

And fire damage doesnt really help as much with added chaos in the settup, imo atleast.
Welp, I died in my 50th, or something like that, atziri run.

Missplay on my part during the uber stormcall phase caused me to either eat multiple hits or logout, and my mind blanked. Interestingly enough one uberstorm call is still survivbale tho.

Anyway Finished beyond league with this gear which can do atziri easily and all the other content aswell.

I will try on standard soonish how uber atziri is with this build.

Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Oct 6, 2014, 8:53:04 PM
5k early on? tried this in a 5L, am at lvl 62 atm, got the helmet etc, gems jsut levelled normally atm, no 20 wuality etc and I'm at a measly 1670 DPS. That's not remotly near 5k or even the 199k in the lvl 100 image, obviously. Also, mapping with faster attackers (or rushing ones) is hard, the totmes are made of thinnest paper and have very little survivability without any totem nodes (followed the tree in post 1) and you're nonstop recasting with them doing not enough damage, since they die so fast ...
"
voonvoon wrote:
5k early on? tried this in a 5L, am at lvl 62 atm, got the helmet etc, gems jsut levelled normally atm, no 20 wuality etc and I'm at a measly 1670 DPS. That's not remotly near 5k or even the 199k in the lvl 100 image, obviously. Also, mapping with faster attackers (or rushing ones) is hard, the totmes are made of thinnest paper and have very little survivability without any totem nodes (followed the tree in post 1) and you're nonstop recasting with them doing not enough damage, since they die so fast ...

I agree that early on may be a bit misleading... unless Zaun considers being lvl80+ early on (which could be since he made lvl100 with this build in the 1m league).

I'm currently lvl85 in beyond and after I upgraded my crappy amulet yesterday my tooltip DPS is now about 4,7k in a 5L setup. Your totems will get tougher but while levelling I never noticed they were that weak and they kill most stuff before they die themselves. Besides, because of BM you can just re-cast at will. I still do that a lot anyway since targets are moving a lot or ranged mobs shoot at the totems (or me) outside their range.

Also, you have to take into consideration the 50% increased damage from shocks and with 10+ casts per second on 10 beams total there aren't many mobs in range that are not being shocked.
At lvl62 you will probably have taken more defensive nodes and that means that later on, once you start taking more crit / crit mp nodes your dps will boost, especially once you level up your gems.

My gems are lvl19 and doing 71 maps with ease. I'm using conversion trap to help on annoying mobs.

My gear atm... (nothing special)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info