Teaser Video for Vorici, Master Assassin

"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
Andrew676 wrote:
intresting...

I usually use 20-100 jewelers for 6S but no 350 :D

Feel free to share around your RnG, I used 400-500 to 6soc my Lioneye's Glare in 2 week hc charity race.

on average it takes around 100 to 6s, commenting with your bad luck on one item is hardly a testable pool.
I wonder if you can RNG the new crafting system.

An example?

Aiming for a 6L but trying to get it by using the 5L feature.

5L costs 150 fusings
6L costs 1500 fusings

So if I try 5Linking 9 times is there a chance that I actually get a 6L from that and thus reducing the cost of 6L in an RNG way?

The offcolour wording says "at least", the linking doesn't, so I would assume 5Linking would exclude the possibility to get a 6L?
"

If you want to be that kind of specific, you might want to keep in mind, that you shouldn't assume a normal distribution, as the number of fusings used is bounded from below (i.e. by 1)... That in turn implies that if the expected number of usings required is equal to 150 (average) than the cance to 5link in less than 150 is larger than 50% (median). So it would be interesting for me to know what the probability distribution for 5L/6L looks truely like.

there is also a fact that same linking setup can't appear twice in a row which is increasing the chance to get links significantly.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Last edited by kefirhl on Aug 6, 2014, 10:31:17 AM
GGG, please use these musics during the gameplay!!!! Rly 300 like which is whhhhhaaaaaayyyy EPIC! :)
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:
"
sourboy wrote:
OMG Vorici pvp quests?

Same thoughts here.

Maybe you have to assissante other players to level up the master! :D

:D This sounds fun!
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
demivion wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG by cost of increased price of crafting compaired to original way or crafting. Otherwise there would be no reason at all to have rng element at remaining original way of crafting. Crafting by original way turns purely into gambling then with no way to gain consistent profit on successful crafting.

Actually this is incorrect, there is a reason to have an RNG element even if the "average" RNG cost is the same as the "fixed" cost.

Average RNG cost to 5L = 150 fuse (for example)
Fixed cost to 5L = 150 fuse

over the sample size of the entire playerbase, the amount of fusings used would not change because on average, the RNG cost is 150 fuse which is the same as the fixed cost. This is a good thing because players will still want to use the RNG method for the chance that they get a 5L with LESS than 150 fusings.

As a crafter I now have the follwoing options assuming normal distribution of linking:
- 50% chance to get a 5L in less than 150 fuse (gambling win)
- 50% chance to get a 5L in MORE than 150 fuse (gambling lose)
- 100% chance to get a 5L for exactly 150 fuse (fixed cost)

if you make the fixed price higher than the RNG average then it becomes worthless because the chance of getting a 5L with less than the fixed cost (gambling win) is higher.

so what I've said. Original way of linking tuns into gambling without reward on long run. You are proving my words but saying that I'm incorrect? o_O

If you are gambling(risking) you should be properly rewarded for your risk. And if you are pussy to risk then pay higher price.

"
Malone wrote:
"
demivion wrote:

if you make the fixed price higher than the RNG average then it becomes worthless because the chance of getting a 5L with less than the fixed cost (gambling win) is higher.

You pay to avoid the risk of beeing unlucky, what's hard to understand about it ? It's a choice, you can go safely by extra paying compared to odd or gamble and pray.

Clear talking here. It should be clear now to everyone.
"
Ggiant85 wrote:

on average it takes around 100 to 6s

IGN TylordRampage
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:

I have opposite opinion tbh, guaranteed prices should be ~1.5times higher than the actual odds.

No they shouldn't.

My opinion is that they should. Your opinion that they shouldn't. Both have right to exist. But you can't say that my opinion is incorrect without providing arguments. In fact, you can, but then who cares.

Really? My opinion didn't say your opinion was incorrect. My opinion disagreed with your opinion. And why do I have to provide an argument to support my opinion when your opinion is not supported by any arguments either? What you wrote is an opinion without any supporting arguments. But if you feel what you wrote is supported by an argument, let me fix what I wrote so we can be on equal footing.

No they shouldn't be ~1.5 times higher than actual odds.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Aug 6, 2014, 11:14:49 AM
OMFG GGG PLEASE!
So nobody noticed that deer at 0:51?
Whats that?
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info