Screenshot of Forsaken Masters Socket Crafting

"
Dajmstrut wrote:
Putting 5-linking at 150 fusings, 75 chaos, is making it less than useful to me. That's 2ex and some, most 4-month leagues I get to that never.

I play solo, self-found, haven't traded once this one-month league. I have almost 150 fuses worth of currency and the 1 month hasn't ended yet. What's more, I know darn well I have vendor trashed countless life/dual resist items I could have traded away for additional currency, but I refuse to partake in the archaic trading system in this game. Spamming trade chat is not fun. Having to leave the game and create an item shop is a bunch of bologna. Even hitting up poe.xyz, etc. is annoying.

Back to the point, with me doing everything I possibly can to ensure I have the least amount of currency possible for the amount of time I have played, if I can achieve nearly 150 fuse in 3 weeks, how can you not have 150 fuses in 4 months?

You play solo, self-found, no trading too?
"
Lacceh wrote:
People still think they _NEED_ a 6L to play the game and they're entitled to get one CHEAP.

Incredible................

6 links, I have only seen them in pictures. They are what everyone else uses. 5 links, I have never had usable one. Found a couple of 5L white weapons for sales in a shop. Had a couple of 5L blue weapons, one 5L blue armor, and one 5L rare armor drop, but they were not end-game viable. Probably could have traded for a 5 link if I wanted, but I want to get one on my own. Thank GGG for the upcoming patch! It will be nice attempting end-game with more than a 4-link. Maybe some day I'll break level 80.

Moaning that a 5-link is for rich elitists just screams you're playing the game wrong.

I've done several self-found characters that ended up having 5links (at 70+), and quite alot currency when doing the recipes..

I also had over 90+ exalts (yeah no i didnt rmt shit) in invasion, which is a 4-months hardcore league, granted i DID play ALOT (1 month vacation, yay).

Perhaps you should take the time to see what you're doing wrong, instead of feeling entitled getting a 5l for 3 fuses and the much 'needed' 6l for 10..

"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
People still think they _NEED_ a 6L to play the game and they're entitled to get one CHEAP.

Incredible................

6 links, I have only seen them in pictures. They are what everyone else uses. 5 links, I have never had usable one. Found a couple of 5L white weapons for sales in a shop. Had a couple of 5L blue weapons, one 5L blue armor, and one 5L rare armor drop, but they were not end-game viable. Probably could have traded for a 5 link if I wanted, but I want to get one on my own. Thank GGG for the upcoming patch! It will be nice attempting end-game with more than a 4-link. Maybe some day I'll break level 80.

If you want to get a 6-link on your own, the best way is to use armorscraps/wethstones on a white item (you can easily trade 2-3 chaos for a white i74+ chest) up to 20 quality for each fusing you use. It substantially increases the chances for more links. Also works with jewelers!

I think my average 6linking using armorscraps is around 300-400 fusings. Maybe less even.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Aug 4, 2014, 7:12:05 AM
This is awesome ! Bypassing RNG but the gambling option is still there for the people who want that. Plus you actually don't need a 6 socket now to L ;)
Also the chromatic options looks interesting.

That shop button looks like a curse on the screen though...
Linking and getting colours sounds really reasonably priced, even though I won't get to 6L in the foreseeable future.
However, 5L price is nice.
If I understood correctly, on average you wouldn't need as many orbs. But then, pessimist that I am, I'd probably need at least 200 to 5L (or think I would), so this is quite a deal.
Getting a guaranteed outcome, while at the same time the gamble types can bet on their luck and 6L for 20 fusings. I like it.
Chromatic prices seem high, bit then, chromes are cheap if you don't buy them.
When I feel I need to stock up on chromes I check all vendors regularly for the RGB items they offer and collect everything that drops with RGB.

I agree on the shop button looking butt ugly, though.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
darkmatch wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
klintz wrote:
Am I just being silly???? - how do you put 1500 fusing in your inventory???

Like the current vendors, it can take it out of your stash.

As a side note, in the past this has lead to players thinking that they're buying the stuff for free.

Please increase the cost for 5-links or improve Fusing-Orbs themselves.
I don't like the fact that orbs will have no real own use anymore.
People should decide if they try it the old way with the chance of saving cost or the new way with fixed cost.
Currently, the first option just seem not to be worth it.

I don't think so. Maybe people will craft their first 5 linked with the master. But when they have enough currency (200 fuse+) they will definitely craft the old way, since it's cheaper on average and you have the chance to get 6 linked.
Last edited by Lord_Zeto on Aug 4, 2014, 7:35:30 AM
"
leto2626 wrote:
This is awesome ! Bypassing RNG but the gambling option is still there for the people who want that. Plus you actually don't need a 6 socket now to L ;)
Also the chromatic options looks interesting.

That shop button looks like a curse on the screen though...

Wait, is the 6L crafting option also a 6S one? Didn't know that.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
nikals wrote:
It substantially increases the chances for more links.

"
substantially
səbˈstanʃ(ə)li/
adverb
to a great or significant extent.

only waiting for buying exalts from vendors
All this complaining about the numbers..

Chris said the 1.5k fusings is cheaper than the average amount you need to use. And it's guaranteed! How can you complain about 6 linking getting cheaper and losing all the risks?

Depending on how the chroming works, it's either overpriced or fine. Overpriced if the 3 red sockets are rerollable with chromes afterwards. If not and you just reroll the rest of the sockets, it's fine. (Maybe a bit cheap in that case) Still, if you don't want to get unlucky and use 5k chromes, you can just do this.

5l seems like it's quite a bit more expensive than linking the item yourself, but there's no risk, so I'd much rather use this.

Seems pretty good to me with good enough numbers. Expecting it to get 10x cheaper like some people here apparently do is just not what you do if you don't want to be disappointed.

Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Aug 4, 2014, 7:57:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info