Minion damage + ignite double scale?

If my minion ignites an enemy, will it double scale with minion damage? I mean, + minion damage will increase the initial damage, so with higher base damage the ignite damage will be more too. But will minion damage further increase the burn damage?
If i link a Remote Mine/Trap support to my minions it will increase its damage. If that minion ignites something, will the Trap/Mine bonus also increase this burning damage?

I didnt find anything about this on the forum. Would prefer answers with proof (forum reference or test results, or yellow comment border :))

Thanks for the help
IGN: Karamellaskolbasz
Last edited by masterada on Aug 2, 2014, 4:50:27 PM
It will, minion damage bonus is a bonus to all damage, including DoT.

Similarly, bonus on trap and mine gem appears as a generic damage multiplier on summoned minion and will also apply both to initial damage and burn from ignite.

It's well known that bonuses appear on minions like that and apply to all relevant actions, you don't really need a specific proof of this.

P.S.
don't get too attached to that mine/trap trick, it will get removed in next patch.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 2, 2014, 6:27:43 PM
"
raics wrote:

Similarly, bonus on trap and mine gem appears as a generic damage multiplier on summoned minion and will also apply both to initial damage and burn from ignite.

It's well known that bonuses appear on minions like that and apply to all relevant actions, you don't really need a specific proof of this.

P.S.
don't get too attached to that mine/trap trick, it will get removed in next patch.

I thought they were just fixing snapshotting. Are they preventing Remote Mine and Trap from augmenting minion damage?
"
Natharias wrote:
I thought they were just fixing snapshotting. Are they preventing Remote Mine and Trap from augmenting minion damage?

Yes, they said it will be fixed too, damage bonus on mine and trap supports will work like mine/trap damage passives, it will apply only to effects that actually deal damage.

Jesus, I stand corrected.
Last edited by PeachieMark on Aug 4, 2014, 10:17:21 AM
"
PeachieMark wrote:
Ignite only scales with fire damage, burning damage and damage over time

Also with elemental damage and generic damage like the bonus on Le Heup of All, and, like I said, minion damage and trap damage are both generic damage bonuses and will scale burning.

Last edited by raics on Aug 3, 2014, 9:09:37 AM
"
raics wrote:

P.S.
Posting to clarify that raics is correct. The ignite is fire damage over time dealt by a minion. That's a subset of damage dealt by a minion, and thus minion damage applies.

Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 3, 2014, 7:19:09 PM
Mark, I was under the impression that only fire, elemental, burning, and damage over time effects scaled ignite regardless of the source. This is the first time I've read that minion damage affects ignite damage if the ignite originates from the minion.

By this logic, does trap damage scale ignite in an Ele prolif fire trap build?
"
PeachieMark wrote:
Mark, I was under the impression that only fire, elemental, burning, and damage over time effects scaled ignite regardless of the source.
That has never been the case (prior to the DoT change, burning damage was only ever increased by "increased burning damage", which wasn't actually a damage modifier in the way others are under the hood - afterwards it was fire damage over time, and affected by anything that modifiers any combination of "fire" "damage" or "over time").

It is simply not possible for "increased fire damage" to apply to something without also having the more generic "increased damage" apply as well - the system doesn't support that kind of thing at all, because it's not possible for something to be fire damage without being damage.
"increased minion damage" gives each of your minions "increased damage" when they're created.

"
PeachieMark wrote:
By this logic, does trap damage scale ignite in an Ele prolif fire trap build?
Yes.

There are (since the DoT refactor) four sources of damage:
1) Attack Damage (includes any attack-only modifiers such as melee) - always has base damage come from a weapon.
2) Spell Damage. Base comes from the skill, affected by spell modifiers.
3) "Secondary" Damage. Not affected by spell or attack modifiers, but still hits. Used for stuff like the explosion from Infernal Blow.
4) Damage over time. Not affected by spell or attack modifiers (because it's a separate class of damage), but anything that cares about the type of damage (fire, elemental, chaos, etc), or what deals it (trap, minion) will apply.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 4, 2014, 10:27:14 PM
Thanks a lot for the clear response!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info