Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters

Argh, 6 more days to wait... This is torture
Last edited by Koukz_D_Saito on Aug 14, 2014, 7:57:52 PM
5 MORE FUCKING DAYS HYPEEEEEEEEEEE!!
The Beyond League sounds awesome! I am not too excited about hideouts and masters and the Rampage League rules sound like an awful idea, but the Beyond League has potential to be great.
Hideouts and masters are nice to have, but not very exciting. Decorating your hideout is fun until it gets boring, and master missions seem to be very generic, like fetch quests in MMOs. I fear they will become boring pretty fast. Master crafting however is a nice, non-random way to improve your gear and will be useful from midgame leveling to early endgame.
The Rampage League sounds like a bad idea, because movement speed is known to cause desync. Onslaught was a horrible experience because of all the desync and i assume rampage will not be any better. Kill streaks encourage players to play reckless and focus on dps to maintain kill streaks. That leads to glass cannon gameplay, where you try to kill monsters so fast, that it does not matter if you die and lose experience from time to time. The fast gameplay will also ramp up item price inflation, because glass cannon builds find tons of currency. I do not like that kind of gameplay. So far i enjoyed playing softcore with a "don't die" mentality, but i fear i can not compete with that mentality in a fast paced high inflation league. In hadcore i will have to skip content in order to stay alive, because i do not have time to level up new characters again and again. I do not mind skipping content that is too dangerous for my character, but i want to experience that content at least once, before i start to skip it. The "don't die softcore" option was particularly nice for trying out new content, because even preparation with external information (wiki, videos, ect) does not guarantee survival when you play content for the first time or engage a boss you never fought before. On top of that there are unavoidable stupid deaths, for example when you lose your internet connection.
The Beyond League sounds like a great idea. Invasion was a good league and could have been great with better balancing. The concept of invading bosses and monsters was great, but some of the bosses had really bad balancing and players were forced to deal with them. Abandoning and wasting an expensive map to avoid a dangerous invader felt bad. The Beyond League sounds very similar to Invasion, except this time players are not forced to fight the bosses. This is great news. Players who want to stay safe can kill demons one by one and players who want a bigger challenge can kill all at once to open the big boss portal. At the end of the day everyone is happy and the league has the potential to be great.
gg wp. Sounds way to easy on both leagues.
So, what's the last one? I feel, there's a mage missing, Catarina is more of a summoner. Or is Elron supposed to be the mage?

And aaaa, why did you have to call one Vagan? I always read Vegan ;D
"
oggimog wrote:
So, what's the last one? I feel, there's a mage missing, Catarina is more of a summoner. Or is Elron supposed to be the mage?

And aaaa, why did you have to call one Vagan? I always read Vegan ;D

We have had, in order, a Marauder, a Shadow, a Templar, a Witch, a Duelist, and a Ranger. The last Master has to be a Scion.

As for what crafting option she'll give, I don't know which one we're missing, but her flavor could be *anything*.
Haku: Life/Res Gear
Vorici: Socket Crafting
Elreon: Jewellery Crafting
Catarina: Casting
Vagan: Melee / Phys
Tora: Bow

So what is missing?
It must be genious cause a scion can be every build?
What kind of gear/Base Items we still cant change by masters?

I don't think the scion can be crafting Flasks :D
Maybe sick op bonus mods.

Maybe the Scion can craft Maps!
Last edited by _DavidAegis_ on Aug 15, 2014, 3:36:50 PM
completely blows every action rpg out of the water!
This.

I'm finally returning!

c",)
IGNs:
(SC) dMightyThorOdinson dKingArthur_II dJoanOfArc dQueenPersephone
(HC) dRobinHood dRobinHood_II dJackFrost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info